Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar: Jabar Gaffney Waived, Signed Kyle Miller

1. -81
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why keep keep so many te's?
    Miami Dolphins, Miami Heat , Virginia Tech

Xbox Live : Tiko7523
    Psn : Tiko7523
    Quote Quote  

2. -82
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    All these moves make sense to me. If we were winning Gaffney sticks but he would have helped us already if that was the case. This team was getting retooled from the get go at the beginning of this year and Ireland has gotten us in excellent shape with tons of money for free agency along with a number of draft picks. Now you may want him gone and blame him all you want so what. Take off the rose colored glasses you just do not change out the entire staff with a rookie head coach a offensive coordinator who was just recently fired from the college ranks, draft that same offensive coordinators rookie QB that could "not" save his job in college and expect sucess. Add in changing out the entire offensive and defensive schemes in the same year and it should be a recipie for disaster. Early in the year Philbin and RT looked like bad moves to me and I blamed Ireland for both of them and thought he should be fired. I sat back, pretty amazed to see do so well early in the season and noticed that the posters screaming for Irelands head go silent and now they are back again because are loosing of course.
    These same players that were surprising us early in the season are now the garbage players that Ireland drafted. They are right Ireland drafted them right on with that observation but the rest of the logic that I keep reading just stinks.

We win or loose based on the coaching as much or more that the talent. The Shula years proved that. Shula evolved his coaching to fit his talent he had at the time and offered franchise stability which is big in building a team and while he may have had some talented positons his teams were not that talented. Answer me why a reciever we drafted last year with speed that we cut this year caught over a 100 yards against us with the Jets? Why was he one of the first cuts at a positon of no talent on our team but contributes on another. It is called coaching. The other observation of posts that amaze me is the logic or ill logic of just blaming Ireland for all the bad picks he made when he was a rooke GM working under a legend and veteran VP of the phins in Parcells and then having the audacity to turn around and try and give all the credit for the good moves in this years draft to a first time rookie head coach and his offensive coordinator just fired because he could not win enough games in college.

Yea go ahead fire Ireland, then take a step back and you will still see we have other issues like having a offensive coordinator who runs such a complicated offense that it takes a entire NFL season for even veteran NFL players to catch on.

You might want to disagree with me on the coaching thing but our stengths on the team currently are ST and DL both are coached from hold overs from Sporano. Get the right coach he will find his players and the wins will come guys. Fire Ireland but the problem still runs deeper and hopefully we don't replace him with a worse product which there is a greater than 50/50 chance of that happening IMO.

Ask yourself after looking at our draft and college free agents if this is not the best we have had in the past 5 years. Look at all those draft picks in next years draft along with our FA pool and ask yourself if we are not in better shape than ever. You can still say you do not trust Ireland but he signed off on all of the above situation and any comments otherwise are just speculation.
    Last edited by phintim; 11-21-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -83
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casas9425 View Post
    I understand Gaffney sucks but what are you guys gonna say when Rishard Matthews pukes on himself and does nothing?
    If MATTHEWS turns out to be "topshelf", the we're going to thank GOD that Coach PHILBIN recognizes talent. As to GAFFNE, he's no superstar...just "the safe pick", if that! We don't need any more "safe picks".

If MATTHEWS bombs out, FINE: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!! And NOW, in real games and under fire, is the time to find out: not next year's preseason's games, w/another Draft and F/A already gone by.

Right now I'm for going after PITTSBURGH's so-called unhappy man in F/A. If successful, and if MATTHEWS happens to turn out to be a topshelf WR, then NO MORE IS NEEDED. ALL of our Draft Picks could be spent on CB and G (where we have 2 PARCELLSBALL "road-graders" who are borderline as to being athletic enough to play in PHILBIN's "zone blocking" scheme), which I see as MIAMI's 2 biggest needs. But if MATTHEWS bombs out, then a high pick has to be used for a WR.

As I said, NOW is the time to find out...not after next year's F/A period and Draft.
    Last edited by luduporcu; 11-21-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -84
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zach8111 View Post
    fans around here always want the backup... once matthews gets playing time and struggles, they will want the next guy in line.. typical fans here
    Instead of "next man up" like the Steelers slogan ours is just "NEXT!"
    Quote Quote  

5. -85
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbill3 View Post
    I don't think hayden is too far off, he could easily be as right as he would be wrong about philbin losing the locker room. when you factor in the whole marshall trade, vonte trade, cutting 85, and now cutting a guy who has at least out performed every other 3rd WR we've had, you got a coaching staff that looks like it doesn't care about the Vets on the team. If the losses continue to pile up you're going to have a lot of guys that will want to bolt and it'll take more money to keep them here than they would be willing to take just to leave. This situation can get real toxic real quick, all we can do is hope and pray that the system and the believe in the system sustains the players and the coaches through our rough patch.
    Plus more than a few players in the locker room probably hated Ireland already
    Quote Quote  

6. -86
    The Fluke

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just curious as to why they think our receivers are good enough to cut Gaffney and bring in another TE, yet Jeron Mastrud is still on the roster.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Matthew Santos: Shadows in a Shoebox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaV9yPc_EYw
    Quote Quote  

7. -87
    Atila - the freshmaker.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the time, when you^ post, I can't concentrate on anything except for your signature...

www.DiamondandDesign.com
    Quote Quote  

8. -88
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JKS4 View Post
    We know what Gafney is, he's average. If this makes room for Mathews and Moore to prove themselves I'm all for it.
    Damn straight. We need to see Matthews on the field A LOT.

Ive been saying it all week..... Bess is slot receiver. Thats it. He is a great one. Bess is a good asset for the offense. However, he has no business playing on the outside. It takes away a bunch of the field that the defense has to account for.

When Bess is on the outside, not only does it cut off the deep part of the field, it cuts off the outside a lot too and makes it much easier to cover Bess altogether. If he uses his seperation ability towards the sidelines, that ball has to be delivered further away and be thrown at just the right time. Bess gets open quick, but he also gets covered quick after he initially breaks open. Having him in the slot gives him more flexability in which direction he wants to go but allows the QB to get him the ball quicker while Bess can still use his shakes after the catch no matter which direction he cuts.

Bess needs only be out there when we are in 3WR packages and only in the slot position. Thats where he skills are maximized. Being outside does not fit him. The boundries and his lack of speed make it a waste of his skill.

Matthews needs to start opposite Hartline. We should also utilize Moore more often. I have a feeling we dont need to go out and sign a veteran FA receiver to a contract that is too high. Especially not a WR who has been in the league for enough time that his career is about to decline.

Matthews could be that stud WR you guys are all talking about signing or drafting. Moore could be a real solid 4th guy as well. What if Matthews is that guy? We could draft Stedman Bailey in the 2nd and not need to do anything more with this position in the offseason other than re-sign Hartline. We could already have 4/5ths of a really good WR unit already on our team. We need to find out. Give Matthews and Moore plenty of opportunities to make plays and see what happens.

Bill Belichick on "putting the tape on"
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/18/belichick-takes-a-shot-at-experts-who-have-it-all-figured-out/

and i say it's tom brady with better legs...he reads the field presnap like tom brady...reminds me so much of him although tannehills ahead of bradys development in year 2 imo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Well I'll be damned. WV was right again and called this weeks in advance and everyone gets mad at him.

SHOCKER

Quote Quote  

9. -89

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Really? Let's see how this plays out over the next few weeks. If the veteran players sense that they are playing for next year, then yes, he can lose the locker room. He might have started to lose the players based on the Bush benching as well. Finally, he is going to be 4-9 by mid December. We will see how things are faring at that time within the ranks of the players. His biggest challenge will be remaining a steady hand at the till during what is going to be a long losing streak. Not only will it be a bad losing streak, but the poor Fins could very well be pounded the next three weeks.

Joe Philbin is a rookie HC that has no proven record. He must do more than the veteran winning coach that has a street creds. Joe must find ways to keep the team together during adversity. Cutting vets and benching respected players like Bush and Incognito can be a risky move in your first year. We shall see.

3 losses. Thats the answer. The answer to the question of how many in a row would it take to get Hayden Fox right back to bashing Philbin.

Who had that in the pool btw?

Why is it always losing the locker room with you? You really think vets who know they are going to need new contracts and new jobs whether it is with the phins or not, are going to go out there and lay down? Get real.

Its not losing the locker room. Its just bad play. Maybe the locker room is losing Philbin. Im sure he is getting sick of quite of few of these guys. Like your boy Bush for instance. Between him and Philbin, only one of them will be here next year. Take a guess at who that might be.
    Quote Quote  

10. -90

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    The last 2 o-linemen we signed, Ryan Durand and Jeff Adams, are both undersized, slow and weak. Adams is listed as being 306 pounds but he looks more like 275. He has no muscle and has an angular build like a basketball player. He was weak in the bench press and again, he played at a small school.
    So maybe he can block a speed rusher, unlike the 8 ft 9, 428 pound Jake Wrong.
    Quote Quote