I decided to look at the top 10 WRs in the NFL and see if they were drafted by their current team, or if they were a free agent. If the were drafted, I put the round. It's pretty obvious where we need to find a star WR.
1. Calvin Johnson, drafted 1st round
2. Andre Johnson, drafted 1st round
3. Reggie Wayne, drafted 1st round
4. Wes Welker, undfrafted free agent
5. Roddy White, drafted 1st round
6. Demaryius Thomas, drafted 1st round
7. Brandon Marshall, free agent, drafted 4th round
8. A.J. Green, drafted 1st round
9. Dez Bryant, drafted 1st round
10. Vincent Jackson, free agent, drafted 2nd round.
Very interesting, 7 out of the top 10 WRs were drafted in the first round. The disturbing thing is that 2 of the 3 not drafted in the first round were Dolphins. So basically if we want a true stud, impact WR, we have to use a first round pick. If Ireland doesn't do that this time, he is not serious about addressing the position.