Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your ideal WR corp next year?

1. -21
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

What's your ideal WR corp next year?

Wallace, Matthews, Stedman Bailey and Bess. Let Hartline walk. Matthews can fill the void and would benefit greatly from Wallace on the other side. Marlon Moore would be the 5th.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Brain Hartline
    Robert Woods
    Jason Hunter
    Devone Bess
    Marlon Moore
    Rishard Matthews

Fasano
    Charles Clay
    Egnew
    Last edited by normaniii; 11-21-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Wallace, Matthews, Stedman Bailey and Bess. Let Hartline walk. Matthews can fill the void and would benefit greatly from Wallace on the other side. Marlon Moore would be the 5th.
    The last thing we need to do is get rid of good players. You are talking about Rishard Matthews over Brian Hartline. I like to think that he isn't going to get paid #1 money to stay -- and the guy has been a playmaker for us. He is also getting double teamed.

The way it should be, is you have another receiver to take some attention away from a solid #2 in Brian Hartline. He catches damn near everything he can touch, and has even come up with some clutch plays with very little to work with. I just can't believe you want to let him walk.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1. Keenan Allen, WR, from Cal
    2. Tavon Austin, WR, or Stedman Bailey from WVU
    3. Dwayne Bowe
    4. Brian Hartline
    5. Devon Bess
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jennings or Stedman Bailey, Hartline, Bess, Marshall & Moore

My list all depends on what Marshall shows the rest of the season.

If Marshall can't show he is quite ready to be a starting WR at the NFL level I'm more inclined to sign Jennings. Jennings knows this offense. We have seen already that it is difficult for rookies to pick up the offense and Jennings would give some much needed immediate help to Tanny without the possible lag in learing the playbook. We could then bring Marshall along more slowly or look at adding another WR all together.

If Marshall does prove to be a late round gem I'm going after Stedman Bailey at the end of the first. Marshall coming around would allow Bailey to come along slowly which is what many recievers in Green Bay did under Philbin and what I believe his is doing with Marshall as well. Say what you want about his draft position but I doubt there is any way he falls to the second round. GM's are gonna fall in love with him at the combine. It's gonna take packaging one of our 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up into the first to get him so if you want our FO to get him you better be prepared for them to pay the price.

You may ask me why if Marshall produces would you want them to draft Bailey at the end of the first instead of using the 2nd and 3rd round pick on other holes. The answer to me is simple, talent. We need more high quality talent on this team. We need to get dynamic playmakers with our draft picks. My early draft rounds would look something like this.

1a. DE, need a legit pass rusher opposite of Wake, a great pass rush can hide alot more on the back end then the other way around
    1b. Stedman Bailey, need playmakers on O
    2. CB, do I really need to explain, especially if Smith isn't resigned
    3. Best availalbe T or G: Need better fits for zone blocking scheme
    Last edited by mnphinfan; 11-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    what can BROWN do for you?!?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    KC, MO.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cap's shieldXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-02-2014, 04:14 PM from DisturbedShiftyTannehill 172013 Dolphins LogoDolphins Homer
    Quote Originally Posted by ANUFan View Post
    This is the reality that everyone is conveniently skipping over! The only real possible FA is Dwyane Bowe and who the hell wants him?

All i know is that the Fins better draft at minium 2 receiver prospects and they better be able to fly!
    I'd take him in a heartbeat!

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Keenan Allen in Round #1 and Markus Wheaton in Round #2-3 ... Wheaton takes care of your KO and PR along with Thigpen. Miami's 2013 WR's corps would look like 1) Keenan Allen 2) Brian Hartline 3) Devon Bess (Slot) 4) Rishard Matthews 5) Markus Wheaton (KR/PR) 6) Marlon Moore (ST Ace). IMHO this would be a very deep and diversified WR.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we get a guy like Wallace, not only we're almost set at WR but sets us up on draft day to go corner and pass rusher with out top 2 picks.Then we can go TE and OT if we let Long go. Getting a top WR in free agency is the key to everything imo. Having said that, I doubt we end up with Wallace as we never seem to end up with any top players in free agency that can make plays for us. See, that's the best thing about being a Dolphins fan. While other fans are worry about making the playoffs, we can talk about free agency and the draft already......lol

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ideally 5 WR with 4 TE (2 with speed to catch seam passes). Add to that RB's that can catch the ball and we have a challenging offense for any defense.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If we get a WR in free agency then why would we draft another one in round 1? Maybe in round 2 after we get a corner and a pass rusher with our top 2 picks.. ...If we get Wallace then I'd go pass rusher and/or corner with our top 2 picks and then I'd take a seam TE of one is there worth taking. If Long leaves then we'll need to take an OT with one of our 3rd rounders. I love that we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds. Just hope the bears and colts keep on losing games and that Ireland is not the one doing the drafting.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote