Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your ideal WR corp next year?

1. -31
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Portland
    Thanks / No Thanks

What's your ideal WR corp next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Tatious View Post
    Keenan Allen, Wallace, Bess, Matthews would be a hellacious combination.

Allen gives you size, Wallace sheer speed, Bess, exceptional quickness, Matthews strength.
    This
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just dont get you guys here.Wallace isNOT a #1 wr...Does anyone watch this guy? His hands are average,his route running skills are less then average and he plays with a QB that creates alot more time then any other QB in the NFL.

I want Marshall back ****ing dip**** Ireland.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Id like to see Mike Wallace but I just dont see him leaving Pittsburgh. I bet we draft a wr first, then load up on db's in round 2. But we are going to have to pick up a db in FA, we just cant survive without one. Smith and marshall (if he returns) fighting for #2 corner would be ok. But as for WR, in FA, Maybe Jennings? Danario Alexander looks good if he can stay healthy. Big IF. and hell why not take a shot at Victor Cruz.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If MIAMI can get WALLACE, and if R MATTHEWS is actually as good as he looked last week, then I might not draft a WR AT ALL. My WRs would be WALLACE, MATTHEWS, BESS, HARTLINE, and MOORE (who is too important on S/T to replace), in that order. I really want to see more of MATTHEWS in games that count. I hope that MIAMI plays him, and M MOORE as well, A LOT more the rest of the way. The way MATTHEWS looked last week, if that's his normal level of play, then MIAMI already HAS a topshelf WR on its roster...MIAMI just didn't realize it.

I REALLY hope that it turns out that way. And incidentally, I'd like to see MIAMI play O VERNON a whole lot at RDE as well. I consider the ODRICK experiment at RDE to be a FAILURE. While his size helps against the run, the NFL is now a "pass first" League, and a RDE who can get pressure on the QB is essential. Otherwise, WAKE gets double/triple-teamed and held all day. The COLTS have had pass-rushing "bookends" for years, and we had it too w/T ARMSTRONG and JT. It works...and it's more essential than ever in today's NFL. ODRICK has great size and quickness/speed. He'd be solid or better at DT. And it would allow MIAMI to cut McDANIEL and save some cap $$$, if it wanted to do so.

Depending on whether or not we get WALLACE or someone equally suitable, and whether MATTHEWS turns out to be the real deal, and whether O VERNON develops into a pass-rushing threat at RDE, I could see MIAMI spending 3 of its 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft on CBs, which is a weakness. Throw in 2 more picks on Gs to remedy the problem w/the OL (i/m/o, we have 2 "road grader" starting Gs, and annother one, GARNER, on our bench: NOT ideal for a team that wants to go w/a "zone-blocking" scheme), and i/m/o, the biggest holes will have been filled.

P.S.: I'd also like to seel a little play from SAMUDA (sp?) in games that matter.
    Last edited by luduporcu; 11-22-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    BELIEVE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Golden State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    1972 Dolphins LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMuss View Post
    I just dont get you guys here.Wallace isNOT a #1 wr...Does anyone watch this guy? His hands are average,his route running skills are less then average and he plays with a QB that creates alot more time then any other QB in the NFL.

I want Marshall back ****ing dip**** Ireland.
    Wallace not a number one wide receiver??? Are you kidding me???

If his hands are "average" as you claim, what are Marshall's hands?
    I just try to be myself, whatever that is. I don't think about how I'll be remembered. I just want to be consistent over a long period of time. That's what the great players do.
    -Dan Marino
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Greg Jennings, Justin Hunter, Cordarellle Patterson, Brian Hartline, Rishard Matthews, Davone Bess, with 7-11 on the practice squad. It's far too optimistic, but hey, you asked for our ideal WR corps... And that's mine.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital View Post
    Greg Jennings, Justin Hunter, Cordarellle Patterson, Brian Hartline, Rishard Matthews, Davone Bess, with 7-11 on the practice squad. It's far too optimistic, but hey, you asked for our ideal WR corps... And that's mine.
    If we resign hartline and get greg jennings I don't think drafting a receiver in the 1st round is a good idea rather get one in the 2nd, like stedman
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CalDolFan10x14 View Post
    Wallace not a number one wide receiver??? Are you kidding me???

If his hands are "average" as you claim, what are Marshall's hands?

He's dead on with that point, you have not watched much film of Wallace if you think he has better hands than Marshall.

Wallace has terribly inconsistent hands and tries to catch balls by trapping them on his chest.

While i do still think he would be a good addition, He is by NO mean a #1 in the league. not big, doesn't have above average hands and suspect rout running.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    San Diego
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Dwayne Bowe I have no issue with as well.
    I agree - however, ONLY if we get a deep threat. We absolutely need someone to keep the safeties honest.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't resign hartline or fasano

WR = Jennings, amendola, Justin hunter, Bess, Matthews, Moore

Get Jared cook for TE
    Quote Quote