Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FININSIDER:Miami's West Coast Offense Is Offensive

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

FININSIDER:Miami's West Coast Offense Is Offensive

"But let's not kid ourselves. Despite those failures by the defense and special teams, if the Miami Dolphins offense scores just 2 touchdowns against a Bills defense that allowed 37 points last week, 21 points the week before, and 35 points the week before that (so they've been bad recently), and which has, on average, allowed 28.5 points per game this season (so they've been bad this whole season), Miami wins this game. Instead, Miami's offense scored 7 points...."

http://www.thephinsider.com/2012/11/...e-is-offensive

"For all the talk about how awful the Defense played against the Colts, if the offense had scored just 1 touchdown in the second half of that game, Miami would have won and would have been in a position to talk wildcard with a tiebreak over the Colts. And there's no need to recap how Miami's struggles and turnovers on offense led to easy points for the Titans.
    Miami's West Coast Offense is truly offensive. It looks worse than the Brian Daboll-coached offense last year, which averaged more points and more yards per game than the Mike Sherman-coached offense this year. We're losing games because of our offense can't beat the worst defenses in the NFL."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven's Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolinia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm starting to not like Sherman.

But to compare this offense to the offense of Daboll is unfair. Marshall was here, Bush was actually ****ing running straight. Those 2 guys last year were amazing for this team. Easy for a OC to force feed Marshall and run a good RB.

Deshaun Watson is the TRUTH!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Bleed Aqua

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace 11Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    That was my main conccern coming into this year. I can see wanting to change up the offense playing style from what it was but you cant do that with a pretty much zero talented offensive players to support RT. The only reason we did that was for RT which makes sense in that way but he shouldnt even be starting right now. Moore should be. We are going to John Beck this kid man and i'm praying that doesnt happen. I have faith in Philbin. He has his faults but he has many more good qualities you want in a coach. Oh, and fire ireland and hire someone that PHILBIN wants as a GM!!! Like that finance dude from GB.

We ll the finz were up, but then they let me down... again
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well that has to do with having. Rookie run the offense and no big weapons in the passing game. not much to do with Sherman's offense. u only run what the players are capable of doing and for our offense that doesn't mean much LOL. We need weapons and Ireland better pray LOL
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bellingham, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's right! Folks love to beat up on the D but thats the least of our issues. The Saints or Pats would love to swap defemses with us, in the short teram at least. Imagine if NE held the Bills to 4 FG's last week? Ryan Mallett would have been playing in the 4th as opposed to Buffalo driving for the winning score at the end. Our defense is not great but until we lose a game were we scor 24 plus, I'd focus my complaints towards the offense.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    It's Only Happened ONCE!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

OPINION

Don't understand why the Dolphins aren't using Reggie Bush as mis matches on the Jet Sweep & in the Slot vs any LB??? Also they can't seem to get the ball to the TE in the Seam? Why do they keep running behind the RG & RT on 3rd & 1 for NO GAIN? Oh, how we miss you Lousaka Polite! Wonder how many games would have been different this year with you picking up the needed yard or two & keeping drives alive... Also, The offense doesn't seem to be THAT fast paced?? How many MORE plays are they running? Doesn't even seem like the pace is as fast as the 2-Minute Drill.
    You Play to Win the Game!
    In It to Win It!

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Just say yes! Ron Paul 2012

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    La Crosse, WI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect72 View Post
    Don't understand why the Dolphins aren't using Reggie Bush as mis matches on the Jet Sweep & in the Slot vs any LB??? Also they can't seem to get the ball to the TE in the Seam? Why do they keep running behind the RG & RT on 3rd & 1 for NO GAIN? Oh, how we miss you Lousaka Polite! Wonder how many games would have been different this year with you picking up the needed yard or two & keeping drives alive... Also, The offense doesn't seem to be THAT fast paced?? How many MORE plays are they running? Doesn't even seem like the pace is as fast as the 2-Minute Drill.
    The reason for the slowed pace is that if we keep going three and out, it gives the defense practically zero rest between series. It only helps to be fast-paced if you can get first downs...
    I just want to win.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Longing for Relevancy...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo
    Embarassing.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Me too. His playcalling sux
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinatic8u View Post
    I'm starting to not like Sherman.

But to compare this offense to the offense of Daboll is unfair. Marshall was here, Bush was actually ****ing running straight. Those 2 guys last year were amazing for this team. Easy for a OC to force feed Marshall and run a good RB.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wasn't a fan of Sherman's play calling after the preseason. I was hoping he was just holding back and was going to let it rip in the regular season. Well he hasn't and has joined the ranks of Dan Henning and Tony Sporano.
    Quote Quote