Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tannehill needs to build on what he did in the 4th quarter

1. -1
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks

Tannehill needs to build on what he did in the 4th quarter

What Tannehill did in the 4th quarter against Seattle is what he needs to do more of (minus the almost interception he threw). I like how Tannehill kept his eyes downfield and stepped up in the pocket. Tannehill held the ball until the last second and made some real nice throws as he gave the play another second to develop.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Tannehiil struggled the past few games. Figures he goes against a better defense and shines. Looking for him to build off of today is a good expectat to finish the year.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Avoid the 'Noid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayden Fox View Post
    Tannehiil struggled the past few games. Figures he goes against a better defense and shines. Looking for him to build off of today is a good expectat to finish the year.
    With his lack of a full collegiate career at QB. These last 3 games are what you look for in his development.

But expectation wise. I look for him to step it up a level and finish strong.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    At the end of the day...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by DolfanDuBbZ~ View Post
    With his lack of a full collegiate career at QB. These last 3 games are what you look for in his development.

But expectation wise. I look for him to step it up a level and finish strong.
    Yep. I agree. He will have ups and downs during the year. He had some bad "downs" lately and today was a big "up"
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it has a lot to do with the play calling being receivers moving up field instead of only comeback routes. I think early in the year we were having a lot of success with comeback stuff, especially Hartline.....teams adjusted to that and were sitting on them. Most all of the plays he made the receiver was moving north south or at least diagonal! Just an observation.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill has been completely inaccurate since coming back from injury until that 4th quarter. Not only inaccurate, but also with poor vision of the field. There are open receivers that he was not finding. I believe the Pic in the endzone that was given back to him knocked a sense of increased focus and drive into him. That's what I'm hoping because the Tannehill that I've seen in the past 3 3/4 games has been inaccurate and a robot.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ray Finkle

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill had the big plays because he had time...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    I think it has a lot to do with the play calling being receivers moving up field instead of only comeback routes. I think early in the year we were having a lot of success with comeback stuff, especially Hartline.....teams adjusted to that and were sitting on them. Most all of the plays he made the receiver was moving north south or at least diagonal! Just an observation.
    That's a good point as well. Seattle was really crowding the line and we were not even trying to out sprint them for a vertical pass. So the play calling and poor receiver corp. By poor, I mean our receivers have terrible technique. I don't know who was lined up far left but that guy took 2 seconds to get off the line... he had two dance moves that fooled no one then a jog for 5 yards out. Terrible technique.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every rookie QB has hit a wall this season. RGIII started playing like a scared little kitty after he took that big hit, but he's coming off two dominant games. Andrew Luck has had some pretty rookie games, but he has his team at 7-4. Tannehill was playing very consistent for a good stretch this season and then hit the wall. Now he comes out of a funk with an awesome 4th quarter against one of the top defenses in the league.

Let's hope he can keep this mindset going into a game against a team that is known for breaking rookie QB's down.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    His scrambling was awesome please teach him to slide on his azz and not his knees
    Quote Quote