Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: College Coaching Changes

1. -131
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Strong has accepted the Texas job, he told AD Tom Jurich tonight. I wish him luck, but it's a poor fit and he's going to have buyer's remorse pretty quickly with that job.

I'd list possible replacements but trust nothing hear on the web. The only person that has that list is Tom Jurich and he'll get his man. That being said, I'm betting our next coach comes from this list:

Kirby Smart (not likely)
    Chad Morris
    Pat Narduzzi
    Derek Mason (don't see how as it doesn't seem that he has any recruiting ties in the south and Florida)
    Shawn Watson

That being said, the name could very well not be on that list. Only Jurich knows.
    Why wouldn't Louisville consider Franklin from Vanderbilt? Seems like he knows the recruiting circles in the area and is obviously successful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Why wouldn't Louisville consider Franklin from Vanderbilt? Seems like he knows the recruiting circles in the area and is obviously successful.

If the guy is getting looks from NFL clubs then I guessing he views Louisville as somewhat of a lateral move. I've heard his name mentioned, but only by the media. I would certainly be happy with him.

Tom Jurich had a press conference at noon. He's got his list (he did confirm that super agent Jimmy Sexton has 3 candidates on the list). It's a short list. There will be someone here at least by the end of the week, maybe even mid-week.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Personally I think Charlie Strong will do great at Texas if they give him a real shot. Mack's problem the last few years is he didn't put a lot of effort into recruiting.

I think Louisville should promote Shawn Watson.

Mike Munchak is interviewing for Penn State job. I think it's safe to say that the PSU head coach will be either Munchak, Al Golden, or James Franklin
    Shawn Watson is a hell of a QB coach but only an OK play caller. He maybe on Jurich's list along with DC Vance Bedford. But if he's hiring an OC to be the next head coach then it better be Chad Morris.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Dude is from PA, and spent years in the PSAC (which is D-2 in the Penn State area) he applied for the job last time
    Right but some of the things I've heard about that Vanderbilt rape scandal make me think Franklin ought to be the last choice to go up there right now.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Re: Louisville coaching search

AD Tom Jurich has interviewed 7 candidates per the story below. Card Chronicle is a blog but it is the best U of L blog on the web and Mike Rutherford is very responsible in running it. You can take it to the bank that this list is legit. The interest in Petrino surprises me and I hope he isn't the final choice. We should know something within the next 48 hours.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/1/...on-chad-morris

Less than three days after officially finding out that he had a vacancy to fill, Tom Jurich has interviewed seven candidates to be the next head football coach at the University of Louisville, a source with the program tells Card Chronicle.

Jurich's search process is now being described as "winding down."

So who's the front-runner at this moment? Although that exact term was never used, Jurich is "very, very interested" in Bobby Petrino, and believes that everything he's learned since leaving U of L the first time would result in a "new Bobby" coming to Louisville. He personally forgave Petrino a long time ago, but understands the concerns held by some within the fan base and at the university.

In four seasons at Louisville, Petrino led the Cardinals to an overall record of 41-9, two top 10 finishes and a victory in the 2007 Orange Bowl.

As for the other candidates, the source wouldn't confirm the names of anyone who has been formally contacted by U of L outside of Vance Bedford and Shawn Watson, but did name Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris, Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi and Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason as candidates for the position. It was also mentioned that Arizona head coach Rich Rodriguez was never targeted by Jurich.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Re: Louisville coaching search

AD Tom Jurich has interviewed 7 candidates per the story below. Card Chronicle is a blog but it is the best U of L blog on the web and Mike Rutherford is very responsible in running it. You can take it to the bank that this list is legit. The interest in Petrino surprises me and I hope he isn't the final choice. We should know something within the next 48 hours.

http://www.cardchronicle.com/2014/1/...on-chad-morris
    Sounds like a strong list but I hope it isn't Petrino as he is a schmuck!

Quote Quote  

7. -137
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sounds like a strong list but I hope it isn't Petrino as he is a schmuck!

Unfortunately I've got it on good authority that Western Kentucky OC Jeff Brohm is going to be the new head coach at Western Kentucky University which means the next coach of the University of Louisville will be one Robert Petrino Jr.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unfortunately I've got it on good authority that Western Kentucky OC Jeff Brohm is going to be the new head coach at Western Kentucky University which means the next coach of the University of Louisville will be one Robert Petrino Jr.
    I never liked him. He is a very good coach and recruits well, but I put him on the same moral level as Lane Kiffin. I don't know if he is really all that bad but I just always got that kind of feeling from him.

Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I never liked him. He is a very good coach and recruits well, but I put him on the same moral level as Lane Kiffin. I don't know if he is really all that bad but I just always got that kind of feeling from him.

Actually he really doesn't recruit all that well. I guess you could say his recruiting is "meh". He very rarely gets 4 or 5 stars, most 3s and 2s. He coaches them up. He's a hell of an offensive football coach though. My disagreement on the hire had more to do with football philosophy reasons. Strong was rebuilding the program in the mold of an SEC team. Power run with a hard hitting defense. You have to do that if you want to win a National Title. FSU had a fast athletic defense with a good QB this season. This past U of L team was the same way, we just didn't have the schedule to get us ranked high. Petrino doesn't care enough about defense. His offensive philosophy puts too much stress on the defense. He's going to win here for sure but unless he recruits better, I don't think he's going to get over that hump and win a National Title. And in my eyes, that's what its all about.

Another thing that another U of L fan brought up on Twitter: "It's hard to be really happy with a coach no one else wants"

I guess that sums it up for me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    That's horrible news. I'm sorry.
    Quote Quote