Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: College Coaching Changes

1. -141
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    That's horrible news. I'm sorry.
    It is what it is. We'll win games, especially with the returning offensive talent. WR DeVante Parker will be 1st team all-ACC next season, you can mark that one down. Rumor running now is that Randy Shannon is up for DC on the staff.
    #freespesh

Quote Quote  

2. -142
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    It is what it is. We'll win games, especially with the returning offensive talent. WR DeVante Parker will be 1st team all-ACC next season, you can mark that one down. Rumor running now is that Randy Shannon is up for DC on the staff.
    Actually.Lou...I think this great for you guys...(1)Petrino is a GREAT coach (2)He knows,he has to nail this one (3) I think he has learned a hard lesson...he isn't the only older guy that ran around
    on his wife...not a good thing,but really...It's not the worse.
    While Strong to me is a good coach that will keep you consistantly good,Petrino can pull off a title.
    Strong HAS to get off to a great start at Texas or there will be problems...already grumblings with the boosters..ie Red McCombs...
    I feel it's going to work out better for you guys.
    Charlie Strong with a good team doesn't scare me,..Petrino with a good team scares me...Roll Tide
    Quote Quote  

3. -143
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Al Borges fired as Michigan OC. Dude was 4th highest paid assistant in the nation and could not scheme.

Greg Roman interviewed for the PSU job yesterday. He really wanted the job last time around
    Quote Quote  

4. -144
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Al Borges fired as Michigan OC. Dude was 4th highest paid assistant in the nation and could not scheme.

Greg Roman interviewed for the PSU job yesterday. He really wanted the job last time around
    Borges was a good OC with Auburn,...with talent......Michigan just hasn't got any talent.
    Quote Quote  

5. -145
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    Actually.Lou...I think this great for you guys...(1)Petrino is a GREAT coach (2)He knows,he has to nail this one (3) I think he has learned a hard lesson...he isn't the only older guy that ran around
    on his wife...not a good thing,but really...It's not the worse.
    While Strong to me is a good coach that will keep you consistantly good,Petrino can pull off a title.
    Strong HAS to get off to a great start at Texas or there will be problems...already grumblings with the boosters..ie Red McCombs...
    I feel it's going to work out better for you guys.
    Charlie Strong with a good team doesn't scare me,..Petrino with a good team scares me...Roll Tide
    I hope you're right.
    Quote Quote  

6. -146

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Borges was a good OC with Auburn,...with talent......Michigan just hasn't got any talent.
    oh believe me he was part of the problem. It was a transition year for sure with so much youth on the OL, but dude is very very stubborn in his playcalling.
    Quote Quote  

7. -147
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    oh believe me he was part of the problem. It was a transition year for sure with so much youth on the OL, but dude is very very stubborn in his playcalling.
    You are probably right..it was wrong of me to say Mich. didn't have talent..I haven't paid any attention to them this year..so I don't have a clue...my bad.
    Quote Quote  

8. -148

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You are probably right..it was wrong of me to say Mich. didn't have talent..I haven't paid any attention to them this year..so I don't have a clue...my bad.
    We were a young team offensively and that was a huge issue. Couldn't settle on an OL and only our tackles had experience. Only experienced receivers were Gallon,Dileo, and Funchess, and our top 3 backups at RB going into the season were Freshmen (one of which tore his ACL week 1). There were schematic issues though.

Like we gave up 7 sacks to both Michigan State and Nebraska. In both cases it was because Fitz Touissant couldn't stop a blitzing LB. It too 3 weeks before we stopped using him on passing downs, and surprise surprise, blitzes weren't working as well.

The big issue was he was the 4th highest paid assistant in college football and he didn't really do a good with scheme and the QBs got worse under him. The new guy is now gonna be a top 5 paid coach (and I have a sneaking suspicion the coach in waiting) so let's hope he does well
    Quote Quote  

9. -149
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We were a young team offensively and that was a huge issue. Couldn't settle on an OL and only our tackles had experience. Only experienced receivers were Gallon,Dileo, and Funchess, and our top 3 backups at RB going into the season were Freshmen (one of which tore his ACL week 1). There were schematic issues though.

Like we gave up 7 sacks to both Michigan State and Nebraska. In both cases it was because Fitz Touissant couldn't stop a blitzing LB. It too 3 weeks before we stopped using him on passing downs, and surprise surprise, blitzes weren't working as well.

The big issue was he was the 4th highest paid assistant in college football and he didn't really do a good with scheme and the QBs got worse under him. The new guy is now gonna be a top 5 paid coach (and I have a sneaking suspicion the coach in waiting) so let's hope he does well
    Nuss is good...but there is a reason Nick was fixing to let him go...he gets little pass happy at the wrong times... and if you have a elite TE...you have to remind Nuss,cause he will forget about him.
    Quote Quote  

10. -150

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    James Franklin to Penn State
    Quote Quote