Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: Seattle Is A Winable Game

Hybrid View

  1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    10,495
    vCash:
    10533
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

    Seattle Is A Winable Game

    The Seahawks are a slightly above average team, who is 1-4 on the road beating Carolina by 4. They have a VG D, a Beast in Lynch at RB, and a rookie QB. They make the long trip to Miami which is difficult to overcome.

    Dolphins have had extra time to prepare, and lick their wounds from two horrible showings. It's a put up or shut up game. I don't expect a big home field advantage with the crowd but, I do expect the team to show some life and effort.

    It's hard to pick the Phins after the last two games but, I am in giving them a solid chance to redeem themselves, and picking them to win this one.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Travis34's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    5,330
    vCash:
    6074
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Winnable for sure, but it will be tough. If our receivers weren't getting open in previous games, I don't know how Tannehill is gonna hit anyone against them. Their secondary is gonna suffocate us

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Danny's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2003
    Posts:
    10,124
    vCash:
    7279
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, every game is a game you can win in the NFL. I believe the Dolphins are due to have a good game. A lot will depend on our oline playing with some pride. If they get dominated once again then we'll have no chance to win. Our defence getting a turnover for a change would help too.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    10,495
    vCash:
    10533
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well, every game is a game you can win in the NFL. I believe the Dolphins are due to have a good game. A lot will depend on our oline playing with some pride. If they get dominated once again then we'll have no chance to win. Our defence getting a turnover for a change would help too.

    Ozzy rules!!
    Lynch already has over 1,000 yds, and has run over everyone other than the Pats (15 carries for 41 yards). I believe that IF our "Magnificent 7" can contain him, we will win.

    ---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    It's simple: Seattle is a great team at home and a lousy team on the road. *shrug*
    Guess where they are this Sunday?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2009
    Posts:
    622
    vCash:
    3057
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, well even though Seattle is not great on the road, it's not like we're a lock at home either. I do not like the way we match up - Seattle's pass defense has a lot to do with their monster corners who press 90% of the time. They get their hands on you, disrupt you and then let the pass rush take over. Unless you have very quick (and fast) WR's (and we don't), you are not going to get out of the press and down the field in time. A big pass-catching TE can do well against them (as Detroit showed) - do we have one of those?

    Our running game is not good right now either, and frankly, the only RB to have any success at all against the Hawks is Adrian Peterson. Their DT's are solid, their LB's are active and their safeties are very physical. I can't see us running on the Hawks.

    Which leads us to their offense. Marshawn Lynch is not as elusive as Spiller, but he is just really hard to bring down. Russell Wilson may not have the height or arm strength of Tannehill, but he is every bit as poised, he's more mobile, and he has way more weapons. Can our our secondary stay with Rice, Tate and Baldwin long enough for Wake to get to Wilson? Prognosis: negative.

    I hate to be all gloom and doom about this, but I follow the Hawks quite a bit (my second favorite team), and it does not look good on paper. Let's hope their flight gets delayed, gets them even more out-of-sorts than they usually are on the road.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    rev kev's Avatar
    ihaveprettyfeet

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    7,966
    vCash:
    8678
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GasPed View Post
    Yeah, well even though Seattle is not great on the road, it's not like we're a lock at home either. I do not like the way we match up - Seattle's pass defense has a lot to do with their monster corners who press 90% of the time. They get their hands on you, disrupt you and then let the pass rush take over. Unless you have very quick (and fast) WR's (and we don't), you are not going to get out of the press and down the field in time. A big pass-catching TE can do well against them (as Detroit showed) - do we have one of those?

    Our running game is not good right now either, and frankly, the only RB to have any success at all against the Hawks is Adrian Peterson. Their DT's are solid, their LB's are active and their safeties are very physical. I can't see us running on the Hawks.

    Which leads us to their offense. Marshawn Lynch is not as elusive as Spiller, but he is just really hard to bring down. Russell Wilson may not have the height or arm strength of Tannehill, but he is every bit as poised, he's more mobile, and he has way more weapons. Can our our secondary stay with Rice, Tate and Baldwin long enough for Wake to get to Wilson? Prognosis: negative.

    I hate to be all gloom and doom about this, but I follow the Hawks quite a bit (my second favorite team), and it does not look good on paper. Let's hope their flight gets delayed, gets them even more out-of-sorts than they usually are on the road.
    hopefully that PI happy ref who was officiating against the Bills - pays us back some Karma

    Some refs were calling it one side of the ball and not the other - Carrol was guilty but that Hartline getting the forearm shiver was brutal - still what Hartline receives from Seattle will make the BUff game feel like a brush in comparison

    ---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

    I do expect the Hawks to go deep and often - with Tate
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2006
    Posts:
    10,495
    vCash:
    10533
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    hopefully that PI happy ref who was officiating against the Bills - pays us back some Karma

    Some refs were calling it one side of the ball and not the other - Carrol was guilty but that Hartline getting the forearm shiver was brutal - still what Hartline receives from Seattle will make the BUff game feel like a brush in comparison

    ---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

    I do expect the Hawks to go deep and often - with Tate
    Tate is a big concern. I believe that Rice is the type of WR which Smith will do well against. Carroll will have to do much better to cover Tate. I would put Jones there with him, and let Smith one on one.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    phintim's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,754
    vCash:
    3397
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes it about the last one until Buffallo and with the extra time off I am still betting on the phins. We will see what Philbin is made of IMO in this game. Jacksonville is a must win also to save something of this season. You can just about x off the Pats and 49ers.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    J. David Wannyheimer's Avatar
    Why did it have to be snakes?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2011
    Posts:
    13,094
    vCash:
    34989
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Every single game in the NFL is winnable. But I don't like our chances one bit.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Patrick_Bateman's Avatar
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    1,321
    vCash:
    397
    Loc:
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by registeredguy View Post
    Every single game in the NFL is winnable. But I don't like our chances one bit.
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Seattle Game 11/25/12
    By NCPhinPhan in forum FinHeaven Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM
  2. 3 Winable 3-point losses is 100% on coaching staff
    By JRYCRL in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 06:44 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
  4. Seattle Game
    By miamifreak20009 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 12:43 AM
  5. PITTSBURGH and SEATTLE in the BIG GAME!!!
    By FINintheMOON in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •