Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time To Look At The Phins 2010 Draft?

1. -11
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy685 View Post
    Very ho hum, in the sense that you don't have any real stars. The best picks, thus far, are easily Jones and Misi. Misi is playing VERY well this year, and to say otherwise is flat out wrong. He's getting off his blocks, his tracking his runner and he's taking away the best angles. Oh, and he's athletic as well. Happy with his performance and play.

Odrick is meant for the 4-3 DT position and when he's played it, he's looked good. DE, not so much. The issue is that he's still behind the man he was drafted to replace, and the man who Odrick will likely not live up to matching. Starks is a fantastic 3-4 DE and a very good 4-3 DT. He's sadly going to walk, and we will plug in Odrick. It won't match production but it'll be cheaper than Starks and the drop off may not even be noticed.

Jerry is a bust at this point for me. So many coaching staffs have been unable to get his potential. If one more o-line coach tells me that he's a stud and he "just needs to do x" to realize it, I'll go nuts. You have to give up potential for production at some point.

All in all, Odrick at the 4-3 DT position once Starks is gone + Misi starting + Carrol improving or at least stop regressing... you've got 2 solid starters and 1 very quality depth player. That's not great. That's a C/C- draft.

If Jerry could live up to his potential and play "well" versus just inconsistent that'd raise this draft to a B-.
    Bro I don't think Odrick could begin to take Starks place if we lose him.

Thanks to Like2God for the great Avatar/Sig!

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17
    This is a very strange draft to evaluate in the third year. Our deals, as of now, rented Marshall for a year (this 2nd rounder), Odrick and Misi in place of likely Earl Thomas, and a 3rd rounder to be named on the last Marshall trade.

Then you have the injuries, position changes, and coaching changes. Does this one need another year to be fair?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fin Fan in Cali View Post
    Bro I don't think Odrick could begin to take Starks place if we lose him.
    Either way, Odrick will be here for two more years. He is cheap, 5 year $13M deal, and his salary is $700,000 next year, and $765,000 in 2014. To keep Starks, you likely have to add a zero. Will there be that much of a difference in their play, and is Starks worth it?
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    RIP Gary Moore

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Temecula, Ca.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach 2 View Post
    Either way, Odrick will be here for two more years. He is cheap, 5 year $13M deal, and his salary is $700,000 next year, and $765,000 in 2014. To keep Starks, you likely have to add a zero. Will there be that much of a difference in their play, and is Starks worth it?
    Bro I think so, but only time will tell.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Haines City, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Calling guys "fair picks" just because they are starting here still doesn't say much for them. Jones looks decent, the rest are pretty bad. And if your first round pick still hasn't found a major role nearly 3 years later, it's safe to say it was a bad pick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fans have some absurd expectations. If the phins could hit on 4 out of 6 picks in the first 5 rounds every year this would be a hell of a team. Odrick is not a bust.....hes a good football player and wouldn't have any trouble finding a starting gig elsewhere if let go by the phins. They're probably a bit lucky that Jones managed to find his way through all the chaos and uncertainty and become the player he is but give credit where its due. Someone saw the talent there.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    It's a trap!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That draft was full of garbage and busts. Softrick blows. We could have had earl Thomas and gronk or graham. **** fireland
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    a fair to decent draft, but the drafting has improved since the tuna fish left the building.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Zero points scored between the bunch of them and what, maybe 1 turnover? THATS HOW YOU WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!!

What pissed me off about the Odrick pick was he got knocked out for the season after the first game and DT was still our deepest position.

Misi wasn't needed either because we could have just signed Jason Taylor instead of letting him go to the Jets for the year.

Jesus, why did you have to remind me of this god forsaken draft?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:d.../dt-by-round-input:1

Here's the round by round draft to see who we could have taken, both better and worse.

I remember that Miami was interested in TE Graham but, thought he would be there in the 4th round. For me, I wanted Kindle in the 1st round, and REALLY wanted him in the 2nd when he was still available. Wonder how that may have worked out.
    Quote Quote