Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "Way too early to tell" Mock

1. -11
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I almost puked when I saw micah hyde.. that man is a liability and I dont want him anywhere near the dolphins. I haven't missed a hawkeye game in a long long time. no thanks to hyde.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    sorry to go off about the hyde deal... i didn't really almost puke. that was a vast overexageration, but I do not want him in south florida.

as for omoregie uzzie, I have read a lot of him wanting to enroll in graduate school, so I have my doubts he will come out, but even if he did, I think he's a 3rd rounder and will be gone before our fourth round pick.

carradine IMO is a first rounder.

for me its something more like

1. Bjoern Werner
    2. De Andre hopkins... unless his stock continues to soar... IMO there will be a good WR available here. I like a lot of different combination of WRs here.
    2b. david amerson
    3. Robert Lester
    3b. Jordan Reed

I like guys like AJ Klein to fill in as depth in the middle rounds. Other guys I have targeted but haven't placed in a mock yet are chris thompson, roy roundtree, ryan swope, da rick rodgers, cordarrelle patterson, brandon mcgee, cj fiedorowicz and jake knott.

I like you positions addressed in your mock, just would have other guys in there I guess... It's hard work though placing guys and making it fit the team needs... I've been going back and forth for a month or so now... so kudos to the work you have put in.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Interested to hear what you don't like about Hyde. You've seen more of him than me obviously, but I've watched a bit of game footage (not video highlights) and come away impressed with his physicality, his pace and his instincts.

Carradine might go in the first, but there are only so many DE/OLBs the NFL needs in round one. Jones, Mingo, Montgomery, Werner, Jordan (?), Buchanan, Okafor, Moore.... All possible first rounders, not to mention a good handful of DTs. So I'm hopeful that Carradines only recent rise to prominence might keep him a 2nd rounder.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Miami Dolphin Columnist in the Making

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O Town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i actually see 2 WR early and no TE actually...just my gut feeling that they are going to give Egnew a shot to get out of dumpsville
    Follow me on Twitter.. @DSEmpire_BA

For My work http://dynastysportsempire.com/author/brent-antonio/
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    theres certainly a lot to like about hyde. he was a starter for quite awhile here. But that's not really saying much I don't think. Iowa has a knack for picking up the countrys leftovers, and thats exactly what hyde was. He was a great highschool athlete, from ohio. He was a good qb and good on defense as well, but nobody hardly gave him a sniff from a recruiting standpoint, so Iowa jumped right in.

Things that bother me about hyde. How he vitrually always plays at a 7-8 yard cushion, and always gives up the underneath route. which is fine if your talking about not giving up a big play. but he gives up chunk yardage all day long too... I'd like to see him get more physical and close that gap. make the WR work for every yard. He has a tendency to miss tackles. He's very streaky... He will play like **** for 4 games, than be a spark for a game or two, maybe go back to being **** for a month... etc etc

I see him out of position quite a bit. I think mostly to his off coverage. He has a tendency to bite on a double move and get burned. However, he does have some pretty good closing speed and has made some interceptions even though he was beat badly. Usually due to underthrown balls, but you have to give him credit either way.

He can dazzle you with punt returns, or he can call a fair catch, and than not catch the ball and let it roll idley to inside the 10 yard line. I don't think his hips are good enough to rotate and go with the top wr's in the league, although his top end speed is above average. The hawks tried moving him to free safety I think his soph year, and I think it only lasted two games. DOnt recall if it was due to injury or because he just plain stunk at it.

He probably has some similarities to ex hawk amari spievey.. although I think amari would take insult to that comment. amari was very good in run support, and I dont think micah is near as consistent in run support.

I think his tackling gets blown out of proportion as far being a sure tackler. I've seen him miss several and as I've mentioned he can get burnt with a juke move. I think the ISU game in 2011 he got absolutley worked by todd blythe, and I remember that being the difference in the game. maybe it was 2010. either way it was not good.

there was rumors his draft stock was falling due to his pub intox and interference arrests early this year, which I don't buy. I think the fact of the matter is, people, (scouts), are down on him and that is why.. the kid didnt' get in trouble in 3+years until that arrest. Although as a captain, one would hope the guy would set an example and stay out of trouble but college kids drink, who cares. running from the cops is a bit immature, and getting caught in two blocks is even worse, although I myself have been tossed around by an iowa city cop or two in my day, they never caught me in two blocks...

I see hyde as a 3rd down cb, or maybe a special teamer. nothing above a 4-5th round pick IMO... but I'm no expert.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    carradine hurt a knee yesterday and he acted like it was serious on the sideline...i don't like his strength at the poa but i do like his edge explosion and upside...i think he's a worthy top 50 pick as a situational edge rusher i don't think he's a 3 down de from jump
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote