Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "Way too early to tell" Mock

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

My "Way too early to tell" Mock

1. J. Banks CB
    The pick of CBs in this year's draft. Perfect clay for Coyle to mould into a playmaker.

2a. C. Carradine DE
    He's a 6'4" mongoose - patient, elusive, fast and lethal. No other pass rusher shouts "difference-maker" to me like he does.

2b. S. Bailey WR
    The draft's most pro-ready WR, imo. Fast, physical, precise and a TD machine.

3a. Aaron Dobson WR
    Tall, fast receiver with great timing on the catch and good YAC ability.

3b. M. Hyde CB
    Under-rated CB who is excellent in press man and has the pace to stay in his WRs hip pocket

4. O. Uzzi OG
    Mobile, strong guard suited to ZBS. Not big enough for man schemes so should be there in the 4th. Anchor of an O-line that averages around 300yds rushing.

5. J. Stoneburner TE
    Playing out of position at WR this season, Stoneburner is a great all-round TE - probably the most under-rated in the draft.

6. D. Square DT (/DE)
    Needs 20 more pounds or so to play DT. Anchors the inside well, but has good penetration ability too and an eye for a sack. A leader and has the work ethic.

7. K. Alonso ILB
    This guy has mid-round talent, so I'm banking on past character concerns and him being a PAC-12 player in the shadow of Dion Jordan and Michael Clay to slide. It's probably unlikely, but there are a lot of LBs in this draft. Alonso is always around the ball, decisive, physical and holds off blockers or snags opponents with very long arms.
    Last edited by Fin Thirteen; 11-23-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Think those first four picks are pretty close to ideal.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I tried to focus on players who could help turn around our awful record with gamechanging plays - long range TDs, interceptions, sacks, tackles for loss, fumbles forced and recovered.

We have drafted very competent players every year. The core of the team is pretty solid and fairly young. What we need now are guys who can turn us from a team who is in every game to a team that dictates games.

There are a bunch of other guys I like too - esp at WR (Tavarres King, Kenny Stills, Anthony Amos, Markus Wheaton. I like Patton and his ridiculous YAC ability but I worry about his catching technique in the NFL and a WCO in particular).

I like Gayle at DE, in terms of draft value, but none of the Werners, Mingos, Montgomerys, Okafors etc stick out as destructive influences the way that Carradine does.

I don't know what the official knock is on Micah Hyde that has him as a 3rd rounder, but I see a great CB in the making.

Stoneburner in another year and not having had to play WR would be a second rounder. For such a receiving threat he's an effective blocker and gives 100%. How a guy like Ertz (who screams bust to me) could be rated above him I don't know.

Alonso in the 7th is maybe a pipe dream, but guys with question marks fall all the time, so here's hoping!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That would be an awesome draft. I go back and forth between Banks and Milliner as the top corner, but either would be great. Carradine might end up going in the first. Combining Bailey with a bigger receiver like Dobson makes sense.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dont see us going two WR's early. Its just not in the cards. I see TE early and a one WR in the first 5 picks but not in the first round. I see CB and Safety in this draft for sure. Two CB, one early, one late, and Safety is good in this draft. If any draft guru did not take a safety in this draft IMO they would be falling shorter than they should.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    Two CB, one early, one late, and Safety is good in this draft. If any draft guru did not take a safety in this draft IMO they would be falling shorter than they should.
    As you say, I've doubled on CBs because we are very light in the position, but with Jones, Clemons, Wilson and possibly Marshall all safety candidates for next season, I think we can manage without drafting a safety. A very solid safety like Jefferson will start day one but doesn't give you interceptions or sacks. A guy like Eric Reid will give you those but won't be ready to start in the first year, imo. I'm not sure which safety would be an automatic starter and give us turnovers.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan54 View Post
    I see TE early and a one WR in the first 5 picks but not in the first round.
    The only TE worth drafting early is Eifert, imo.

Gragg is next best in the 3rd or so. Ertz is a bust waiting to happen, from my pov. Fauria doesn't block and we already have one of those.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dream Songs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Any GM (drafting for Miami) worth his salt would look at this draft class, and, unless Eifert falls to the 2nd (and assuming there isn't a better player on the board), go for two WR's in the early rounds before he goes 1 and 1 with WR and TE. Should be some real playmakers in the first few rounds at WR. TE . . . I don't feel as good about. And that's what Miami needs - guys who can make plays in the passing game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like it, Thirteen. Stedman Bailey has a toughness and competitiveness that i really like.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like you have most of our needs covered....I really love Stedman Bailey and I would take him with our 2A pick as I wouldn't want to risk losing him. Bailey catches the ball in traffic better than any smaller receiver I have seen....right up there with Steve Smith of the Panthers. Bailey can have bigger guys all over him and he still finds a way to come down with the ball and he is strong and tough for a 5'10" guy. Banks at CB would also be sweet. Looking forward to the draft.
    Quote Quote