Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 CB FOR 2013 nfl draft

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Johnthan Banks has been burned more than any CB in the country this month. Donte Moncrief was torching him so bad that they had to take Banks off of him and put somebody else on him... which didn't help. He torched Darius Slay too. All this after getting burned by Alabama and LSU prior.
    i know, crazy. It's like he woke up one morning and forgot how to play. I still like his aggression and physical tools, but he's playing his way into the bottom half of R1.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    If the Dolphins are willing to toss another redshirt out to another talented but injured football player (a la Jonas Gray) then D.J. Hayden would be a good guy to keep around. You could sign him as a UDFA and help rehab him, and if he decides he wants to play football again you could help him accomplish that.

He was the C-USA Newcomer of the Year last year when he forced something like 5 fumbles and broke up 11 passes, intercepting 2 of them and returning 1 for a touchdown. He also had 8.0 TFLs and 66 tackles in what was a monstrous season. Then this year 2011 he only played in 9 games but racked up 4 interceptions and 2 more touchdowns (171 yards of INT return yardage), 8 PBUs, another forced fumble and 61 tackles.

During a collision in practice he tore his inferior vena cava, the large vein that brings blood from the lower half of the body to the heart. The injury is 95% fatal when it happens in the field, but somehow he pulled through and they got him patched up. It should take him about a year to recover. His mom doesn't want him back on a football field but she's anticipating that she'll lose that argument. You can file this one in the Mark Herzlich folder...but I'd still take the chance. At 6'0" and 190 lbs he looks fast enough to me.

There's a thread around here where I mentioned that I felt Hayden was probably the most underrated Senior cornerback in the country a month or so ago.

I put him right up there in a group with the top 6 or 7 Senior cornerbacks in the country and a top 100 pick.... he had the accident at practice around the same time that I made the thread. No question he's a lucky young man to still be alive. He was one of the better Senior CB's that I watched every week.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    MostHated

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I watched Amerson against Uconn, I feel like he has that Jason allen interception trait. Like teams pick on him so much that he's bound to get a bunch of picks because he has good size and hands.

People on hear complain about sean smith's stiff Hips this guys' are 10x worse.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I had been watching a bit of Mississippi State to watch Johnthan Banks, and found myself being vaguely impressed by Darius Slay. I felt like he was a little weak tackling/ not able to get off blocks, but thought of him as a solid man cover corner. Obviously as TedSlimm already mentioned, both CBs had bad games against Alabama - but thought Slay looked like an interesting cover corner who may not have all the tools. I guess that would put him somewhere in the 4th round (in my totally uneducated opinion). I was curious what other people's thoughts were on Slay.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slay is a guy I talked about a month or two ago as an underrated corner that I'd like to take a shot on. Not surprised that evidently Slimm already talked about Hayden a month ago. He's a good player and was bound to draw discerning eyes.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think slays a guy that's gonna be on the board longer than he should be cause i see a lack of speed there...i question if he'll break 4.6...don't see much top end speed

jonathon banks may have some bad tape of late but those physical tools that length and those ball skills will carry the day for him
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Seems like this year's CB class compared to recent ones is lacking somewhat. Typical when it's a Dolphins need
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    not really lacking. It's not top heavy. A big issue was Amerson sucking so much this year. There are plenty of CBs to like. People just don't agree on where they'll be drafted.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    not really lacking. It's not top heavy. A big issue was Amerson sucking so much this year. There are plenty of CBs to like. People just don't agree on where they'll be drafted.
    OK so maybe we can strike it lucky with a pick in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the problem is that CBs rely a lot on the combine with drills and speed. A guy like Jordan Poyer could shoot up draft boards.
    Quote Quote