Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 CB FOR 2013 nfl draft

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    So Hoops is it unrealistic to think Miami could get Trufant or Hawthorne with their second round pick from Indy? Where do you see Rhodes going round-wise?
    That's going to be a late round pick, probably somewhere around pick 54 or 55 (and that includes the fact that the Saints and Browns don't have a pick in the 2nd round). I'm not sure Trufant lasts that long but Hawthorne could be there.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rhodes is certainly a top 5 corner in this class. His hips and transition are both spectacular for a corner that size. He's a guy that FSU can leave out on island in man coverage against the best receivers in college football and trust that he's going to hold up.

It wouldn't surprise if he's in the mix to be the first CB selected.
    Last edited by TedSlimmJr; 11-26-2012 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rhodes is a good player that I've enjoyed watching but I think at some point there could be a harsh reality moment in store for him where he's forced to switch to safety. But at least with him it will feel like a positive transition whereas David Amerson is being chased into that position with an angry mob of dogs, torches and pitch forks at his back. Amerson is making the kind of negative transition that makes me wonder if I wasn't just wrong period and he's really not a good football player at all at the next level, regardless of position. But Rhodes I wouldn't see it quite that way.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    So Hoops is it unrealistic to think Miami could get Trufant or Hawthorne with their second round pick from Indy? Where do you see Rhodes going round-wise?
    i wouldn't take rhodes with a top 50 pick...but i'm sure at that length with that size if he runs well someones gonna pounce...it will be interesting to see his hips come combine time...but i'm not a guy that loves what i see on his tape...although in the games i have seen it doesn't look like he gets tested much so i'm sure that says something...i just don't love his feet and footwork...looks a little slow and deliberate to me...i also worry about balance issues at that size...not as smooth looking to me as a jonathon banks...

as for trufant and hawthorne i think it's possible they both get to late round 2...depends on how they run etc...i know one thing i like hawthornes feet in his pedal i think that kids got really good feet and he stays pretty low in his pedal...i really like him...tough for me who i'd take if i had the choice b/t them both...i like trufant a lot in press man and heck he had a very good game tape in off coverages last friday also...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every year it's the same story. The corners that will rise will be the ones with elite speed and movement skills and the corners that will fall will be the ones that don't have that. I happen to think Desmond Trufant has those things so I do think he'll rise.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rhodes would have to run something above 4.55 for me to consider him anything other than a cornerback. He has too much fluidity in his hips and plays press coverage too well to be anything but an asset in an aggressive scheme. Amerson is simply too stiff to play corner in the NFL and has no recovery speed. However, he can tackle.... and he does have terrific ball skills when he can keep the action in front of him. That saves him in my estimation. Keeping the action in front of him is the problem.

Will Davis is a really good corner for Utah St. He had great battle with Quinton Patton about a week or so ago. I scored it a draw.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    issue i have with rhodes at safety is he doesn't strike me as a guy that likes contact...he doesn't seem to be a guy rallying to the ball or piling on all that much either...i think he plays a little soft to transition to safety...i'd be concerned there...heck i'd rather just go another direction all together at db period
    Quote Quote  

8. -18

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Every year it's the same story. The corners that will rise will be the ones with elite speed and movement skills and the corners that will fall will be the ones that don't have that. I happen to think Desmond Trufant has those things so I do think he'll rise.
    Yes, the 40 times and DB drills is where the fine tuning will take place, and kids will always be overdrafted based on how well they run. Just like Stephon Gilmore was last year despite clear evidence that he couldn't play the ball in the air in man coverage. I had a 3rd round grade on him and he went top 10.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Johnthan Banks has been burned more than any CB in the country this month. Donte Moncrief was torching him so bad that they had to take Banks off of him and put somebody else on him... which didn't help. He torched Darius Slay too. All this after getting burned by Alabama and LSU prior.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Dolphins are willing to toss another redshirt out to another talented but injured football player (a la Jonas Gray) then D.J. Hayden would be a good guy to keep around. You could sign him as a UDFA and help rehab him, and if he decides he wants to play football again you could help him accomplish that.

He was the C-USA Newcomer of the Year last year when he forced something like 5 fumbles and broke up 11 passes, intercepting 2 of them and returning 1 for a touchdown. He also had 8.0 TFLs and 66 tackles in what was a monstrous season. Then this year 2011 he only played in 9 games but racked up 4 interceptions and 2 more touchdowns (171 yards of INT return yardage), 8 PBUs, another forced fumble and 61 tackles.

During a collision in practice he tore his inferior vena cava, the large vein that brings blood from the lower half of the body to the heart. The injury is 95% fatal when it happens in the field, but somehow he pulled through and they got him patched up. It should take him about a year to recover. His mom doesn't want him back on a football field but she's anticipating that she'll lose that argument. You can file this one in the Mark Herzlich folder...but I'd still take the chance. At 6'0" and 190 lbs he looks fast enough to me.
    Quote Quote