Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 5 DE/OLB for 2013 nfl draft

1. -21
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Quanterus Smith now UDFA material after tearing his ACL? I'd take a flyer on him.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would be surprised if that made him a UDFA, unless the medical on it looks really ugly. And yes I'd absolutely take a flier on him.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    EauGallieFish

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Provo, UT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ezekiel Ansah - I know he is not top 5 DE but if we could get him in the second round tha twould allow us to get a WR or CB in the first which I think we really need. This guy is a beast I have never seen a guy at 275lbs close so fast but then be strong enough to hold up at the point of attack.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ansah is an intriguing prospect. His measurables are going to raise his draft stock. I see him as a poor man's Chandler Jones whom the patriots took with their 1st round pick last year. Right now he;s fringe early 2nd pick untill latest 40th IMO. So Miami does have a shot at him right now pre-combine. However the combine will showcase his pure athleticism especially short shuttle and 3-cones. Also Mayock is enthused almost gushing over his potential.

BYU had Ansah roaming across the line from hands up in 5 technique to zero across the center. He has a "relentless motor" playing to the whistle. I have only 2 criticisms of his: firstly he relies primarily on bullrush and being stonewall too often. With coaching and tutelage from Wake, his pass rush repertoire will expand. Additionally as Ansah gains access to these techniques, his second criticism will alleviated since he can counter OL and reengage.

IMO his NFL position: Elephant rusher - weakside 6 or 7 technique
    Last edited by SJSharKFinFan; 11-30-2012 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ansah is a little more disruptive playing from a 2-point stance than he is with his hand on the ground right now. He's too raw and inexperienced at football and hasn't had the chance to really learn the fundamentals and technique to be a consistent force from a 3-point stance.

His core strength and natural functional football strength are rare for such an inexperienced player.

I like the elephant rusher concept. I think that fits him perfectly. This kid reminds me of Willie McGinnest. I think he has that type of potential after he's received a little seasoning.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I'd rather go the werner route in round one, and address WR with our early 2nd round pick... maybe even back to back 2nd round picks on a corner.

i'm not even against something like werner, WR, WR, than a flyer on carradine in the third... although I have an eye on jonathon cooper in there somewhere depending on how our OL shakes out...

big dogs... any chance carradine makes it to the fourth or fifth round???
    Quote Quote