Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dansby walk, bring in te'o

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks

dansby walk, bring in te'o

Te'o will be a one of the best inside linebackers in the league after a short time in the league. The guy breathes playmaker and thats what we need. We can address olb/ de, safety, and wr in free agency but we also need to open up some more cap room. We need a make over on defense and first things first is shedding dansbys awful contract.
    Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can we do that? Dansby still has a few left on his contract and Te'o will probably be long gone before we pick. He'll probably be a Brown, a Jag, or a Raider before he ever gets to us. Let's just hope the Jets or Bills don't slide down enough to pick him up.

It'd be nice to pick Khaseem Greene to groom as Burnett's replacement. And I also like Skov in the later rounds. I can see him wearing the #54.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our starting LBs are prob set at least for another year. But what mosto good teams do is foresee the changing of the guard and draft their replacements before the fact (patrick willis anyone?). Teo would be great but will be gone by the time we pick. Ive mocked US picking up Skov in the 4th and Chase Thomas as OLB in the 3rd, both "football players" if you know what i mean.

I think we need to CB in 1st, the drop off after miliner and Banks and the other from FS is noticeable.
    1-CB (trade back a bit and pick up another 3rd).
    2-TE (if Eifert available)
    2-DE
    3-FS
    3-OLB
    3-WR
    4-ILB

Note: this all hinges on us picking up a starting WR in FA

If we let Long walk, consider signing Volmer as OT to pair up with Martin.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Tie your shoes, god damn it.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TE? Lol. Dude, we need to pick our WR there. Eifert will be gone in the 1st.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can you be so sure Te'o gone if we pick 5-7? Especially with our schedule even Jax presents problems
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, i Know. Long shot that Eifert is there. But if he is there, you have to take him, then take a WR with our next pick in the 2nd or the 3rd (no later). There will be some pretty solid WR left deep into the 3rd.

You take If you sign someone like Wallace, you have a bit less pressure to jump on a WR and allows you go to BPA at DE, CB and WR. Now if you're top rated player at that point is WR, then by all means pull the trigger.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    If we dont' take werner, or mingo with our first pick especially if its at ten or so, I will be sour on the draft.

I like this order instead, depending on how the board falls, but I am in no way, picking anything besides edge rusher with our first.

1. DE
    2. CB/WR
    2b. CB/WR
    3. FS
    3b. TE

as for a fourth-7th... thats where I have been trying to pile in depth and future contributors. aj klein, is a guy I have a huge target on, or jake knott. either would be good for this team.
    than I think a change of pace back, a quick wide reciever for special sets, and probably some more flyers on a corner or two.

the problem with signing a guy like wallace is he is a RFA last time I checked. thats not going to come cheap. either sign an UFA, or don't do it at all.

there should be a handful of pretty good WR's and CBs to pick from at the top of the second round, we just have to see how the draft falls in line with our board and take BPA while filling one of the two positions IMO
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I wasn't aware Wallace was a rfa. That def changes the strategy
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mike Wallace has 4 yrs NFL experience, hes an URFA at the end of the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thefranchisedef View Post
    Te'o will be a one of the best inside linebackers in the league after a short time in the league. The guy breathes playmaker and thats what we need. We can address olb/ de, safety, and wr in free agency but we also need to open up some more cap room. We need a make over on defense and first things first is shedding dansbys awful contract.
    Getting rid of Dansby would be the exact opposite of freeing up cap room, lol. His cap hit next year is over $11 million, the dead money from that contract alone would hurt our cap space and then we have to find a player to take his spot. This team is not in position to make holes when there are so many that need to be filled.
    Quote Quote