Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine torn ACL

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    The thing is that both if them are absolutely play makers that could not be had outside the first round had they not have been hurt. They are absolutely worth the risk even if neither plays next year, which us very highly doubtful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Not onboard with this...that's just my opinion. Carradine will still go in the 2nd round and we absolutely need the players in the first 3 round (all 5 of them) to be contributers next year if we want to take the next step. If we had more depth at DE I wouldn't have an issue with it but we have no depth at the spot and we have no time to wait on someone to see "if" they'll come back from injury...if they don't then you might as well have drafted Pat White cause you just threw away a 2nd round pick.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Carridine was on the rise fast, and he may very well have gone 1st round. He's cut from clay for a defensive end, and he played the part. This is devastating news for him but I'm sure he'll be no worse for the wear, in the end. Just not quite as rich.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Carridine was on the rise fast, and he may very well have gone 1st round. He's cut from clay for a defensive end, and he played the part. This is devastating news for him but I'm sure he'll be no worse for the wear, in the end. Just not quite as rich.
    Truthfully I was more impressed with your boy Werner in the Florida game. Carridine (or however you spell it) got shut down in that game.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by datruth55 View Post
    Truthfully I was more impressed with your boy Werner in the Florida game. Carridine (or however you spell it) got shut down in that game.
    Werner is the best draft eligible defensive end in the country, which is what I said way back in like June or May. I don't know about 'shut down' because I saw Carridine put on the pressure a few times, but he's been on all year and has outperformed Werner in several games. He's made the most of his opportunity and continued on from what was a fantastic showing in the spring game, which is what first had me believing Carridine might actually be a good NFL starter one day.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Senior DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine torn ACL

Not onboard with this...that's just my opinion. Carradine will still go in the 2nd round and we absolutely need the players in the first 3 round (all 5 of them) to be contributers next year if we want to take the next step. If we had more depth at DE I wouldn't have an issue with it but we have no depth at the spot and we have no time to wait on someone to see "if" they'll come back from injury...if they don't then you might as well have drafted Pat White cause you just threw away a 2nd round pick.
    The thing is that there are very few bonifide pass rushing DE left in the 2nd or 3rd. You draft for upside there and no one has the upside of Jenkins or Carradine that will likely be available after the first round. That is how you accumulate play makers.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The thing is that there are very few bonifide pass rushing DE left in the 2nd or 3rd. You draft for upside there and no one has the upside of Jenkins or Carradine that will likely be available after the first round. That is how you accumulate play makers.
    That might be true in other years but not this year. This draft is deep at DE.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

That might be true in other years but not this year. This draft is deep at DE.
    Either way, I want a beast pass rush like the NYG! We definitely agree that the Fins need to hit on all five of our first picks.

Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    hellfire, now we can take werner with our first and get carradine late? sign me up.

I'd take a guy like carradine over a lot of the guys I have tried to pencil in the fourth or fifth round in my research. even with the injury, he'd be a steal in the 4-5 round. It's not as if it's a career ending injury.
    too bad for the guy though, he deserved to go a lot higher than he will go.
    Can you imagine adding Werner and Carradine? We could move Wake back to linebacker, or move him around to create the best mismatch.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Victoria, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    Can you imagine adding Werner and Carradine? We could move Wake back to linebacker, or move him around to create the best mismatch.
    We could very feasibly add all three beasts from FSU...Werner, Carradine, and Jenkins. D-line would be set for a while.

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Either way, I want a beast pass rush like the NYG! We definitely agree that the Fins need to hit on all five of our first picks.

I think we should look at creating the Giants defense and the Packers offense. We have a ways to go obviously (on both sides of the ball), but this is a draft where you could get rich with some really talented defense ends. As much as I know we need to hit on our 5 early picks, I'd pounce on Carradine in the 3rd if he makes it that far.
    Quote Quote