Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP nyjunc...

1. -31
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: RIP nyjunc...

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post

I can have a much more intelligent discussion w/ the average dead guy than some folks like you.
    Of course you could. You love the sound of your own voice. No better way to constantly hear your own voice when no one will try and talk over you.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedShifty View Post
    Of course you could. You love the sound of your own voice. No better way to constantly hear your own voice when no one will try and talk over you.

Nah, I love debating and discussing w/ intelligent football fans, somewhere along the way you stopped being one of them.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Sophisticated Redneck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    sorry 2500 times.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

I can have a much more intelligent discussion w/ the average dead guy than some folks like you.
    I'm only dead on the inside junc.
    Peace and Humptiness Forever

Quote Quote  

4. -34
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Its a shame me and junc couldnt have met under a mutual love of the Yankees. Id have enjoyed him using whatever the **** you want to call his arguments on Red Sox homers and driving them half to suicide.

BTW junc's imposter, what are your thoughts on what looks to be a unusually inactive Yanks offseason?

Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Its a shame me and junc couldnt have met under a mutual love of the Yankees. Id have enjoyed him using whatever the **** you want to call his arguments on Red Sox homers and driving them half to suicide.

BTW junc's imposter, what are your thoughts on what looks to be a unusually inactive Yanks offseason?
    I deal in reality.

The offseason is not even a month old, I wouldn't worry too much. The problem is they don't want to add payroll so unless they get some crazy trade offer I don't see a big deal in the works just a bunch of smaller ones.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I deal in reality.

The offseason is not even a month old, I wouldn't worry too much. The problem is they don't want to add payroll so unless they get some crazy trade offer I don't see a big deal in the works just a bunch of smaller ones.
    Yeah thats why I said it figures to be quiet. They have to go below some certain payroll by next offseason to avoid a luxury tax spike or something. Im glad just let a lot of these deals now clear off the books so we can start somewhat fresh. We need new blood in the worst way. It seems CC is the only big money acquisition that has worked out for us lately. That ****ing A-Rod deal.... Any 6 year old could have told them that was a terrible idea. Whatever. Sign Cano and Gardner long term. Keep Jeter as long as he is playing well. The rest of the lineup can get ****ed.

Rotation is looking sketchy as usual. CC is obviously rock solid, but then what? Pettitte very well could decline or miss a huge chunk of the year at his age. Hughes is Hughes. You never know from game to game what youre getting. Nova was bad last year. Pineda blew his arm up. I dunno man. Hard to see us holding off the Rays, O's, and now the Jays this year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Wort-wort-wort!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo LegendaryGalactic Empire medalXbox LogoPlaystation LogoNintendo Logo

Re: RIP nyjunc...

Nah, I love debating and discussing w/ intelligent football fans, somewhere along the way you stopped being one of them.
    Yep. I can only listen to a broken record for so long. After that it's only worth half my attention.

Last edited by DisturbedShifty; 12-01-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Yeah thats why I said it figures to be quiet. They have to go below some certain payroll by next offseason to avoid a luxury tax spike or something. Im glad just let a lot of these deals now clear off the books so we can start somewhat fresh. We need new blood in the worst way. It seems CC is the only big money acquisition that has worked out for us lately. That ****ing A-Rod deal.... Any 6 year old could have told them that was a terrible idea. Whatever. Sign Cano and Gardner long term. Keep Jeter as long as he is playing well. The rest of the lineup can get ****ed.

Rotation is looking sketchy as usual. CC is obviously rock solid, but then what? Pettitte very well could decline or miss a huge chunk of the year at his age. Hughes is Hughes. You never know from game to game what youre getting. Nova was bad last year. Pineda blew his arm up. I dunno man. Hard to see us holding off the Rays, O's, and now the Jays this year.
    I think the rotation is fine(remember Pineda should be back) and it certainly wasn't an issue this October, it's always the bats. We don't need .350 hitters, we need guys that can move runners over and get the big hits late in games.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    I think the rotation is fine(remember Pineda should be back) and it certainly wasn't an issue this October, it's always the bats. We don't need .350 hitters, we need guys that can move runners over and get the big hits late in games.
    I thought Pineda would be back until after the ASB?

As for the hitters, some 300+ hitter are exactly what we need. Our offense is so power dependent that we get shut down too easily in the playoffs against good pitching. Last playoffs though...holy ****. Cano was literally historically bad. The lineup as a whole was historically bad. I just dont even know what happened. Everyone besides Jeter and Ibanez went full retard and then Jeter got hurt to put the corn kernel on the **** salad.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well Njunc, I may like you some after all, I too am Yankees fan. Here is what they need to do. package up Rodriguez and Joba and get whatever they can for them, draft pick, cash, players etc. They both suck! We need people who can hit 290 and not 230 and strike out 200 times. Hitters who make contact. I dont want 230 hittters with 40 homers and 200 strikouts, I would rather 290 25 homers and 50 strikouts!

having said that, we need to send Grandy and Tex and Swisher to intense hitting sessions camp, where they hit 500 balls a day until their arms fall off! We need someone else who can play 3rd with Chavez part-time and maybe a back up plan for the Sandman in case he cant get it done!
    Quote Quote