Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is at best a 8-8 team that wont win anything or even get a high lottery pick

1. -11
    League Dominator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    St. Pete Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol everyone on this board thought we'd win 3-5 games all year. 8-8 with a rookie coach and a rookie qb with a roster with little top end talent is pretty respectable IMO. Did you think we were going to win the Super Bowl this year? Lol.
    Jets suck, Bills suck, Patriots suck.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PSL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    undercover jets fan.
    Yup. And one that's not even very undercover. I guess their season is going so badly they want to come over and bug us....
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: This is at best a 8-8 team that wont win anything or even get a high lottery pick

Ill take 8-8 with the many holes we have on the team.

I predicted only five wins...
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SQuinn17 View Post
    Lol everyone on this board thought we'd win 3-5 games all year. 8-8 with a rookie coach and a rookie qb with a roster with little top end talent is pretty respectable IMO. Did you think we were going to win the Super Bowl this year? Lol.
    No but this team wont get better, I have seen this movie before many times.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fininpsl View Post
    Yup. And one that's not even very undercover. I guess their season is going so badly they want to come over and bug us....
    Real fins fans who say it how it is are jets fans for the fan boys here.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Aurora Il
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The confidence that the players will get from the best season possible will offset the lower draft position. They'll still be a better team going into August than the team that would fail to win another game from here on out. FA is really where they're gonna have to improve the team THIS offseason. If they can score a true #1WR and the best FA DB available, they'll be fo-real next year, and the draft can be used for depth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    I can think of one "retard" around here but he isnt talking about winning divisions.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who cares if we end up not having a high draft pick? We have plenty of picks this draft and we'll be able to see how Ireland and this coaching staff can plug the holes that we have after a full season of evaluation and experience with the players. I've never been more excited for a draft/free agency, but I don't want this season to be over. I'm blown away at the team's performance because I never expected the team or Tannehill to play the way they did in the beginning of the season. Sure we've had some frustrating losses but you have to remember that most of us were packing in the season before it even started. This team has exceeded the expectations of nearly everyone, yet they still receive so much hate week in and week out.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Donut Enthusiast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jacksonville
    Thanks / No Thanks
    go away
    Watch me jiggle all the way to the DWTS finals!

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    1st Ballot Hall of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CUSE
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: This is at best a 8-8 team that wont win anything or even get a high lottery pick

Awful thread.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The NFL isn't like the NBA -- you don't need a Top-5 pick to become an elite team. (Sure, it helps you when trying to secure a franchise QB, but the Dolphins have already accomplished that.) Consistent winners (Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Giants, etc.) have been able to remain successful over long periods of time, despite low draft picks, because of solid drafting. No matter where you draft in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds, there's plenty of talent available. You just have to make the smart choices and pick the right players. That means, don't waste 2nd-rounders on players like Pat White or 3rd rounders on project players like Michael Egnew.

Each year, certain franchises, from various positions on the draft board, make smarter choices than other franchises. And that's why they continue to put playoff teams on the field. I think we'll get to that point; Ireland has shown steady progress with his draft success. In the meantime, our younger players benefit a great deal from remaining competetive and learning to win. In my opinion, an 8-8 season with a rookie QB and rookie HC would be a huge success. That type of season would bring a lot of momentum into the 2013-14 season.
    Quote Quote