Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Amaya Arrested Last Night

1. -21
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Amaya Arrested Last Night

Cut him asap.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    they hold crappy players accountable(like Ocho), if Cam Wake did something stupid they aren't cutting him. I don't know who this player is but it sounds like he is not a valuable guy so he will likely get cut, that doesn't mean they hold players accountable. These are guys they'd be letting go regardless.
    As MadDog 88 already pointed out, you don't need to cut someone to hold players accountable. If it is a boarderline roster player it is very likely you will see that player cut. Of course if an elite player like Cameron Wake got arrested he would not be cut, he would likely be fined and/or suspended a game or two. Players are treated different based on their talent level and importance to the team. That isn't just the way things are in Miami, it is like that in the entire NFL including the New York Jets. Remember when Braylon Edwards got arrested for a DUI during the 2010 season? The Jets didn't do anything to him.

Chad Johnson, Jabar Gaffney and Jonathon Amaya are all players on the fence between being with the team and not, so a screw up off the field is definitely going to push them off the fence. I would expect Amaya to be released by the team in the coming days. Just how the league works.

Also, welcome back nyjunc, I haven't seen you for a few days. I had a nice Thanksgiving, how was your Thanksgiving?

Quote Quote  

3. -23
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Touchdown

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DeFuniak Springs Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    That is so crazy.

Just win Phin baby!
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Lifelong Fin Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minneapolis MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Amaya was taken into custody and records indicate Amaya is still at this hour being held on $1,500 bond. It is unclear why Amaya ordered a cab if he got to the club in his own vehicle.
    Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy

Is Armono really this dumb? How about because he didn't wan't to drive drunk and possibly get a DUI or worse injure/kill somebody. What a ****ing moron.
    When I die I want to hire the Miami Dolphin's to be my pallbearers so they can let me down one last time.

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Those couple of years that he spent in the NOLA ruined him!
    ~~~~~~~

The rhythm of life is a jazz rhythm.

-Langston Hughes

Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Also, welcome back nyjunc, I haven't seen you for a few days. I had a nice Thanksgiving, how was your Thanksgiving?
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by mnphinfan View Post
    Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy

Is Armono really this dumb? How about because he didn't wan't to drive drunk and possibly get a DUI or worse injure/kill somebody. What a ****ing moron.
    Agreed, Amaya made the smart decision to call a cab and not drive himself. Smart move, until he choked the cab driver.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    You don't need to cut someone to hold them accountable. If Cam Wake does this there is going to be consequences. This staff has shown that.

Really can't say what the Jets would do if one of their talented players did this because, quite frankly they have no one worth keeping.
    what consequences? they cut Ocho b/c he couldn't play, they will cut this guy b/c he can't play. If a key guy got in trouble they aren't doing anything to him.

Our guys rarely get arrested unlike your guys who annually are getting arrested so I can't answer that question.

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    As MadDog 88 already pointed out, you don't need to cut someone to hold players accountable. If it is a boarderline roster player it is very likely you will see that player cut. Of course if an elite player like Cameron Wake got arrested he would not be cut, he would likely be fined and/or suspended a game or two. Players are treated different based on their talent level and importance to the team. That isn't just the way things are in Miami, it is like that in the entire NFL including the New York Jets. Remember when Braylon Edwards got arrested for a DUI during the 2010 season? The Jets didn't do anything to him.

Chad Johnson, Jabar Gaffney and Jonathon Amaya are all players on the fence between being with the team and not, so a screw up off the field is definitely going to push them off the fence. I would expect Amaya to be released by the team in the coming days. Just how the league works.

they wouldn't suspend Wake. When a key gut gets in trouble I want to see what he does. It hasn't happened yet so you are just speculating. What we do know is non key guys get let go when they get in trouble.

The Jets sat Braylon for a qtr which was a qtr more than Miami did to Ronnie Brown and the other guy that got arrested for the same offense that year and I wish we suspended him a game.

I'm good, anythig interesting happen while I was away?
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nubs, the Jets suspended Edwards for their first set of downs in their next game. A three and out for a DUI from the organization that doesn't have troublemakers only ass fumblers.
    Quote Quote