Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 91

Thread: MERGED: Amaya Arrested Last Night

  1. -31
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,417
    vCash:
    28751
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Nubs, the Jets suspended Edwards for their first set of downs in their next game. A three and out for a DUI from the organization that doesn't have troublemakers only ass fumblers.
    he was sat down for a qtr by the organization that has 8 arrested players since 2002 while the organization w/ 28 arrested players in the same span allowed 2 DUI players to not miss a down.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,808
    vCash:
    40941
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he was sat down for a qtr by the organization that has 8 arrested players since 2002 while the organization w/ 28 arrested players in the same span allowed 2 DUI players to not miss a down.
    Are you sure it was a quarter? I remember the first set of downs only.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    NY8123's Avatar
    Sophisticated Redneck

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    12,183
    vCash:
    9423
    Loc:
    out in the Ding Weeds
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what consequences? they cut Ocho b/c he couldn't play, they will cut this guy b/c he can't play. If a key guy got in trouble they aren't doing anything to him.

    Our guys rarely get arrested unlike your guys who annually are getting arrested so I can't answer that question.



    they wouldn't suspend Wake. When a key gut gets in trouble I want to see what he does. It hasn't happened yet so you are just speculating. What we do know is non key guys get let go when they get in trouble.

    The Jets sat Braylon for a qtr which was a qtr more than Miami did to Ronnie Brown and the other guy that got arrested for the same offense that year and I wish we suspended him a game.


    I'm good, anythig interesting happen while I was away?

    Yeah you guys were a model of self imposed team punishment in the Edwards deal, gimma an efin' break here.

    "He will dress, he will play, but he will not start," Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. Tannenbaum said coach Rex Ryan will determine when Edwards enters the game.
    The one-time Pro Bowler was bleary-eyed and reeked of liquor when he was arrested shortly before sunrise Tuesday while driving with two teammates in his 2007 Range Rover.

    http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...-gridiron-star
    Hardly an earth shattering punishment.
    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally" ~ W.C. Fields

    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,808
    vCash:
    40941
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never mind. I just did some fact finding. We may have let Ronnie Brown play but was Sanchez drunk when he ran into Moore? :
    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    29,417
    vCash:
    28751
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Are you sure it was a quarter? I remember the first set of downs only.
    I am 100% positive it was the 1st qtr.

    Quote Originally Posted by NY8123 View Post
    Yeah you guys were a model of self imposed team punishment in the Edwards deal, gimma an efin' break here.



    Hardly an earth shattering punishment.
    Again, I wish we suspended him a game but no one was punishing players for similar offenses so at least we did something.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Never mind. I just did some fact finding. We may have let Ronnie Brown play but was Sanchez drunk when he ran into Moore? :
    If he was it would explain a lot.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    Daytona Fin's Avatar
    Ride The White Pony

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2002
    Posts:
    15,496
    vCash:
    34258
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he was sat down for a qtr by the organization that has 8 arrested players since 2002 while the organization w/ 28 arrested players in the same span allowed 2 DUI players to not miss a down.
    Cool story. Though nobody cares but you.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    greenrules008's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2012
    Posts:
    30
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ha! Ha! MIAMI with a team of criminals whoda ever thunk that one??? Ha! Ha! Ha!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    MadDog 88's Avatar
    TANNERECTION!!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2008
    Posts:
    13,808
    vCash:
    40941
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenrules008 View Post
    Ha! Ha! MIAMI with a team of criminals whoda ever thunk that one??? Ha! Ha! Ha!
    No ass fumblers which is far worse.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Nublar7's Avatar
    FinHeaven Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2003
    Posts:
    35,198
    vCash:
    129725
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    what consequences? they cut Ocho b/c he couldn't play, they will cut this guy b/c he can't play. If a key guy got in trouble they aren't doing anything to him.

    Our guys rarely get arrested unlike your guys who annually are getting arrested so I can't answer that question.



    they wouldn't suspend Wake. When a key gut gets in trouble I want to see what he does. It hasn't happened yet so you are just speculating. What we do know is non key guys get let go when they get in trouble.

    The Jets sat Braylon for a qtr which was a qtr more than Miami did to Ronnie Brown and the other guy that got arrested for the same offense that year and I wish we suspended him a game.


    I'm good, anythig interesting happen while I was away?
    I am speculating about Wake, but I am basing it off a long history of how teams act in these type of situations. History shows that boardline roster players get cut when they get arrested and elite players get punished in a different way, either fines and/or suspensions depending on the severity of the crime. If a key guy gets arrested, I am sure Philbin will handle it like any other head coach in the league would. He would talk to the player and give some sort of in house discipline. Not sure why Philbin would be under microscope anymore than any other coach in the leagye.

    You are right, the Jets did sit Braylon for a couple of series after he was arrested for driving drunk and putting the lives of innocent people in jeopardy. You are right, Ronnie Brown was not suspended by the Dolphins for his DUI. While I think DUI's should be more punished in this country then they are, this was his first ever run in with law. Edwards had a criminal history prior to being with the Jets, with the Jets and even after he left the Jets. A couple of series on the bench is nothing for someone like him. Not sure what you are trying to argue here, the point is low level players get cut and good players don't. You seem to understand that and agree with it, so I am not sure why you are so curious to see what he will do if a key player gets arrested, because we already know what would happen.

    A few things happened since you were away. Dolphins moved back into second place in the division with a huge win over the high flying Seahawks. NBC released a hilarious new comedy show on Thursday night. Usually the programming on NBC is not real funny, but I found myself laughing quite a bit. A lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    Ben Had's Avatar
    Average Fan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    1,296
    vCash:
    6570
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenrules008 View Post
    Ha! Ha! MIAMI with a team of criminals whoda ever thunk that one??? Ha! Ha! Ha!
    Speaking of criminals...hows your mascot doing? I hear he quit because of getting his azz beat by fellow jet fans! Whoda thunk that one??? HA! HA! HA!
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Merged: Reggie for Amaya.
    By miabrown23 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
  2. Phillip Merling arrested last night per WQAM.
    By SabanHater in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 09:36 PM
  3. MERGED: SS Jonathan Amaya signs with Dolphins/4 UDFAs so far
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
  4. Rb Larry Johnson Arrested Last Night
    By ROSCO P.C. JR in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 03:00 PM
  5. Rb Larry Johnson Arrested Last Night
    By ROSCO P.C. JR in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •