Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: realignment anyone for it?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

realignment anyone for it?

a few years back when the NFL did some realignment it really was hard to understand why they went in the direction they did.now that the years have passed i can review what they did and still to this day scratch my head.i thought they put to much consideration in the rivalry aspect,but failed to see the new rivalries that would come to follow.
    what should the divisions look like if they were to do it by location and not past rivalry.the sport is at an all time high in its popularity.why not test realignment again i think fans would travel more to see road games esp if they are closer to wear they live.i would love to see
    DOLPHINS
    BUCKS
    JAGS
    FALCONS
    WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melrose, MA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No.

Sports is about rivalries, not geographical correctness. Plenty of good rivalries exist already. No reason to tear them all down and start over just so all of the Florida teams can be placed in the same division.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    so you enjoyed playing the same team twice a year for the last 40 years.
    dont you think playing teams in the same state would bring an even bigger rivalry.
    even help attendance
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceGalactic Empire medal
    We play the jags just about every year anyways. That hasn't done anything for our attendance but when we play at jax us dolfans in central and north florida take over jags stadium, so it does boost their attendance. As for the fins and jags rivalry , there really isn't one because there are not that many jags fans walking the earth.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hate the alignment of the AFC East. I think it puts the Fins at a disadvantage. IMO, rivalries would develop against other teams. The Colts didn't suffer from moving out of the division.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As much as I enjoy the rivalries that we have, I am no fan of being in the same division as New England. We won't beat New England again for a long time I'm afraid. And if we have a divisional game late in the season in the cold, more often than not you can forget about it. But ultimately it'll never change. I'm fine with the division the way it is.
    but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Quote Originally Posted by King Stannis Baratheon
    Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    a few years back when the NFL did some realignment it really was hard to understand why they went in the direction they did.now that the years have passed i can review what they did and still to this day scratch my head.i thought they put to much consideration in the rivalry aspect,but failed to see the new rivalries that would come to follow.
    what should the divisions look like if they were to do it by location and not past rivalry.the sport is at an all time high in its popularity.why not test realignment again i think fans would travel more to see road games esp if they are closer to wear they live.i would love to see
    DOLPHINS
    BUCKS
    JAGS
    FALCONS
    WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE
    I wouldnt mind a realignment. It is odd that Indy was moved to the south while Miami wasnt and they are the most southern team.
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't understand, how is it a head scratcher that they did it the way they did? Most of the big rivalries are still there and, for example, there was no reason for the Cardinals to be in the NFC East or the Saints, Panthers or Falcons in the NFC West.
    Quote Quote