Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Empty Seats!!!!

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

PATHETIC The Empty Seats!!!!

After giving up my season tickets after the 2010 season. I finally decided to attend 3 games this season. I was careful to get tickets to the games I actually thought the Dolphins could win and this last game against Seattle was on of them. I was both surprised and sad to see so many empty seats for a professional sporting event. there was vertually no one in my old section. We had to go down about 18 rows to find the next group of fans we could sit with and talk football. We all agree on one thing; until Stephen Ross comes to his senses and gets rid of Jeff Ireland the fans are not coming back. If Ireland returns it will take a winning season next year for the ticket sales to pick up in 2014. We have a few clowns in the media down here who think Ireland deserves one more year because he drafted Ryan Tannehill. Well they can keep thinking that bu I know for a fact that Ross CAN NOT sell Jeff Ireland to this fan base anymore. There will be even fewer ticket sales next season. I hope Ross enjoys buying up tickets every week to avoid blackouts because as long as he keeps Ireland around, that is exactly what he will be doing. So go ahead all you Jeff Ireland apologists, the fans have spoken.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yep. Not firing Ireland and giving the front office a fresh start to go along with the new coaching staff and first round QB was a colossal mistake. Its not going to take just a winning season with Ireland around to get the fans back either, its going to take playoffs and at least the illusion we are super bowl contenders.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Glad you were there. I hope to one day be able to attend a Phins home game. Seeing the empty seats during the home games makes me sad. If the team starts winning more people will come, Ireland or no.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Galactic Empire medalManchester United FCPS4 ControllerCam Wake 912013 Dolphins Logo
    After a good draft and a solid season which has shown improvement why on earth would we sack Ireland and start all over again :s

I dislike the attitude of fans only willing to attend to see a winning team - in any sport.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Spartanburg, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bottom line - fans don't give a d--- about the GM. If the team improves, and wins consistently, those seats will be filled. When did this infatuation over firing a GM become in vogue? I only care about the guys ON the field.
    Or Check out My Wallpapers Thread
    http://www.finheaven.com/show...e-Good-Ol-Days...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albemarle, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People who are attending games on a somewhat regular basis...If you're talking to them...then yes they care about the non firing of Jeff Ireland.

The people that don't attend games, for the most part, only care about winning and losing. If you want to fill the rest of the seats...start winning.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Haven't seen this thread before. Everyone is pretty much set in their ways regarding this issue, but hey, why not start another thread about it?

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Miami just isn't a great sports town. While becoming a perennial contender will bring a big boost in attendance, non-marquee regular season games will always have empty seats, save acquiring a player like Peyton Manning.

It isn't the end of the world. I'm a NJ Devils fan, a great franchise with poor home attendance. I'll take that over the large crowds, mediocre product that is the New York Rangers.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I find it ironic that someone who gave up season tickets is complaining about attendance.

Anyway...this is a tired argument. Winning cures everything. When this team wins people will show up
    BREAKING NEWS ALL OFFSEASON LONG!
    FOLLOW FINHEAVEN ON TWITTER!

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    After giving up my season tickets after the 2010 season. I finally decided to attend 3 games this season. I was careful to get tickets to the games I actually thought the Dolphins could win and this last game against Seattle was on of them. I was both surprised and sad to see so many empty seats for a professional sporting event. there was vertually no one in my old section. We had to go down about 18 rows to find the next group of fans we could sit with and talk football. We all agree on one thing; until Stephen Ross comes to his senses and gets rid of Jeff Ireland the fans are not coming back. If Ireland returns it will take a winning season next year for the ticket sales to pick up in 2014. We have a few clowns in the media down here who think Ireland deserves one more year because he drafted Ryan Tannehill. Well they can keep thinking that bu I know for a fact that Ross CAN NOT sell Jeff Ireland to this fan base anymore. There will be even fewer ticket sales next season. I hope Ross enjoys buying up tickets every week to avoid blackouts because as long as he keeps Ireland around, that is exactly what he will be doing. So go ahead all you Jeff Ireland apologists, the fans have spoken.
    I thought I read somewhere that ticket sales for next year are already higher than they were coming into this year. Am I nuts?

Quote Quote