Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Empty Seats!!!!

1. -11
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's no secret that the Dolphins are known for having the most fickle fan base in the entire NFL. There are other teams who have fewer wins then we do and yet they fill their stadium. Remember when we didn't even sell out a home playoff game against the Colts when Wanny was head coach??!! A HOME PLAYOFF GAME!!! THAT IS TRULY PATHETIC!! And we won the damn game with a bunch of empty seats in the stadium. Dolphin fans won't truly appreciate their team until they get an owner that moves the team out of Miami. Sometimes I wish they would move to a place that has more appreciation.
    Please God, let me see 1 Dolphins Superbowl victory before I die.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    You have made me angry very angry indeed

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mars
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    It's no secret that the Dolphins are known for having the most fickle fan base in the entire NFL. There are other teams who have fewer wins then we do and yet they fill their stadium. Remember when we didn't even sell out a home playoff game against the Colts when Wanny was head coach??!! A HOME PLAYOFF GAME!!! THAT IS TRULY PATHETIC!! And we won the damn game with a bunch of empty seats in the stadium. Dolphin fans won't truly appreciate their team until they get an owner that moves the team out of Miami. Sometimes I wish they would move to a place that has more appreciation.
    Probably not an ideal market for the fins, but the people in Oklahoma City take their sports very seriously, would love to see an NFL team here.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Last game I went to was the Jets game this year. It was a horrible experience. Not worth the time, money, or jockage.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am going to this Sunday's game and I can't wait to cheer our team to a victory! Go Dolphins!!
    -

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Football Guru

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A&O View Post
    I am going to this Sunday's game and I can't wait to cheer our team to a victory! Go Dolphins!!
    You'll be there with about 500 other Dolphin fans and 30,000 Patriots fans.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    6 of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well I already have my tickets for the game against the patriots. Hope we win or it'll be another few seasons before I decide to leave the comfort of my home
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These threads are tiresome. When we win consistently, it'll be full.

Did you see the Eagles stadium last night? TONS of empty seats. In this economic climate, and with all the competition for your dollar, you've got to win to continuously pack a stadium.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    '72 Perfection!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    You'll be there with about 500 other Dolphin fans and 30,000 Patriots fans.
    Screw those bone heads. It's our house, our team, our game. I could be the only dolfan there for all I care. Those losers going for the Pats will leave the stadium with heads bowed low. We will pass this test with a win!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinking View Post
    After giving up my season tickets after the 2010 season. I finally decided to attend 3 games this season. I was careful to get tickets to the games I actually thought the Dolphins could win and this last game against Seattle was on of them. I was both surprised and sad to see so many empty seats for a professional sporting event. there was vertually no one in my old section. We had to go down about 18 rows to find the next group of fans we could sit with and talk football. We all agree on one thing; until Stephen Ross comes to his senses and gets rid of Jeff Ireland the fans are not coming back. If Ireland returns it will take a winning season next year for the ticket sales to pick up in 2014. We have a few clowns in the media down here who think Ireland deserves one more year because he drafted Ryan Tannehill. Well they can keep thinking that bu I know for a fact that Ross CAN NOT sell Jeff Ireland to this fan base anymore. There will be even fewer ticket sales next season. I hope Ross enjoys buying up tickets every week to avoid blackouts because as long as he keeps Ireland around, that is exactly what he will be doing. So go ahead all you Jeff Ireland apologists, the fans have spoken.

What's PATHETIC is fans not showing up because of Jeff Ireland. It's just an excuse for this terrible fan base to feel better about being terrible fans that don't show up for games. Ireland has done a fine job. These fans on the other hand...have not.

Screw it, move the team. That would be a more rational answer than dusting Jeff Ireland.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by uk_dolfan View Post
    After a good draft and a solid season which has shown improvement why on earth would we sack Ireland and start all over again :s

I dislike the attitude of fans only willing to attend to see a winning team - in any sport.
    These people don't realize how lucky they are to be one of the 32 cities to house an NFL team. Especially since this team FINALLY has its QB, and is so obviously heading in the right direction. Firing the GM is not the answer.
    Supporter of logic and organizational consistency

Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Please, Dolphins are lucky I even attended the Seattle game after the debacle that happened against Tennessee. I don't fault a lot of fans for staying home.
    Quote Quote