Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet "Hactivist" group Anonymous claims Karl Rove tried to steal election

1. -1
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks

Internet "Hactivist" group Anonymous claims Karl Rove tried to steal election

This is actually about 2 weeks old, but it never came up, so I figure better late than never.

The hactivist group Anonymous is claiming that Karl Rove attempted to rig the election for Mitt Romney using ORCA, Rove’s Get Out the Vote program. They claim that ORCA is really a vote tabulation manipulation software — though they have not been able to provide proof of their actions.

Two days after the election, The Daily Kos reports that Anonymous posted an open letter regarding the reported attempted election fraud, saying in part:
    “We began following the ‘digital traffic of one Karl Rove, a disrespecter of the Rule of Law, knowing that he claimed to be Kingmaker while grifting vast wealth from barons who gladly handed him gold to anoint another King while looking the other way.

“After a rather short time, we identified the digital structure of Karl’s operation and even that of his ORCA. This was an easy task in that the barn doors were left open and the wind swept us inside.”
    http://www.inquisitr.com/403570/anon...-the-election/

I'm not much for conspiracy theory, but this does seem to fit. Karl Rove didn't just seem upset that Romney lost Ohio, he looked shocked. He appeared to be stuck in a state of disbelief. On top of that, no one has been able to contradict their claims for how Rove was planning to do it. Apparently, it is entirely feasible. The biggest issue seems to be that Anonymous won't provide proof. The two theories are that Anonymous broke laws themselves by hacking into a private network, so they would be opening themselves up for prosecution if they gave proof, or that they are simply lying. Thoughts on this...?

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Soul Rebel

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Georgia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I don't know anything about this particular instance, but I love these guys.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't buy this for a second. ORCA wasn't hooked in to any of the vote tabulation software at all. All it was supposed to be (it didn't work, but the idea anyway) was a computerized "strike list." And all a strike list is is a list of names of voters you're trying to turn out. As they vote, you cross them off, so you have a good way to isolate who hasn't voted yet and can be contacted. ORCA was just an app designed to make that process digital.

If you read some of the stories of ORCA's hilarious failures and bugs and mistakes, it becomes pretty clear that any picture of ORCA as a grand plan to steal the election is comical, at best.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    This is actually about 2 weeks old, but it never came up, so I figure better late than never.

http://www.inquisitr.com/403570/anon...-the-election/

I'm not much for conspiracy theory, but this does seem to fit. Karl Rove didn't just seem upset that Romney lost Ohio, he looked shocked. He appeared to be stuck in a state of disbelief. On top of that, no one has been able to contradict their claims for how Rove was planning to do it. Apparently, it is entirely feasible. The biggest issue seems to be that Anonymous won't provide proof. The two theories are that Anonymous broke laws themselves by hacking into a private network, so they would be opening themselves up for prosecution if they gave proof, or that they are simply lying. Thoughts on this...?
    Anonymous already breaks the law, this is not anything new. They are just making stuff up. If they had something they would release it, there's no reason not to.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

5. -5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Anonymous already breaks the law, this is not anything new. They are just making stuff up. If they had something they would release it, there's no reason not to.
    There is some truth to this, but there is definitely a difference between breaking the law and messing with one of the most influential people in U.S. politics. I tend to agree with you and Walrus, though. If this was something some internet hackers could catch, it would have been caught by the CIA or FBI as well. People tend to forget that this isn't a movie where some genius kid outsmarts everyone in the government. There are some serious heavy hitters working with these agencies...
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I know one of Romney's cronies owned a company that did voting machines, some in Ohio. I have not heard this one yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The election is "rigged" to begin with. Goldman Sachs wins regardless.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Like there was any real discernable difference between Obama and Romney.....or Obama and Bush for that matter.....

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Like there was any real discernable difference between Obama and Romney.....or Obama and Bush for that matter.....
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    If you ignore social issues, I agree. But it's hard to ignore those, especially when exit polls seem to point to those issues being why Romney lost...
    Quote Quote