Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet "Hactivist" group Anonymous claims Karl Rove tried to steal election

1. -11
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Take away gays and abortion and you begin to have little to no differences between the parties. I say Obama won because Romney was a bigger douchebag than him. We really didn't have any choice in this election from wars, unfundable budgets, privacy, civil liberteries and rule of law. Not to mention corporate controlled candidates. It really is the greatest illusion of all time and countless millions fall for it.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Fat Kid

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeCounty1231 View Post
    I know one of Romney's cronies owned a company that did voting machines, some in Ohio. I have not heard this one yet.

Voting machines are fun.

Anyways, have to agree with others in this thread. ORCA was a complete disaster...but i doubt it was attempting to rig the election. Which is not to say i couldnt believe Rove attempting to rig an election. I have no doubt that if he thought it would succeed he would try.
    "I'm not here to be a distraction," Pouncey said.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ogical-testing
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Take away gays and abortion and you begin to have little to no differences between the parties. I say Obama won because Romney was a bigger douchebag than him. We really didn't have any choice in this election from wars, unfundable budgets, privacy, civil liberteries and rule of law. Not to mention corporate controlled candidates. It really is the greatest illusion of all time and countless millions fall for it.
    I don't know if I agree anymore, my friend. How many of those are solely on the shoulders of the President? The wars I'll give you. But what you and I know about what's going on over there is different than what they know. I would have to know everything they know before I could form an educated opinion on the matter. You could be right, or we could all have an opinion on something we know next to nothing about. It's tough to say.

But the budget has to go through Congress, as does any law that deals with privacy and civil liberties. In that respect, it didn't make a difference who was elected because Congress and the House were always going to have more of a say on those than the President.

Hell yeah Romney was a bigger douchebag than Obama. Romney felt like 47% of Americans were worthless, and thought women didn't deserve the same treatment as men. Romney felt like women shouldn't be able to make a choice on their own abortions, he felt like homosexuals shouldn't have a say on who they marry, and he felt like Hispanics were second-class citizens. Those are all social issues, and it cost him the election in an electoral ass-beating.

There are always going to be similarities between candidates. But the more I saw the campaign trail and the 2 men speaking, I'm not sure you could find two more different people than Romney and Obama...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I don't know if I agree anymore, my friend. How many of those are solely on the shoulders of the President? The wars I'll give you. But what you and I know about what's going on over there is different than what they know. I would have to know everything they know before I could form an educated opinion on the matter. You could be right, or we could all have an opinion on something we know next to nothing about. It's tough to say.

But the budget has to go through Congress, as does any law that deals with privacy and civil liberties. In that respect, it didn't make a difference who was elected because Congress and the House were always going to have more of a say on those than the President.

Hell yeah Romney was a bigger douchebag than Obama. Romney felt like 47% of Americans were worthless, and thought women didn't deserve the same treatment as men. Romney felt like women shouldn't be able to make a choice on their own abortions, he felt like homosexuals shouldn't have a say on who they marry, and he felt like Hispanics were second-class citizens. Those are all social issues, and it cost him the election in an electoral ass-beating.

There are always going to be similarities between candidates. But the more I saw the campaign trail and the 2 men speaking, I'm not sure you could find two more different people than Romney and Obama...

Fiscal policies.
    Monetary policies.
    Federal Reserve.
    Bloated and unfundable military budgets.
    NDAA.
    Indefinite Detention.
    Drone bombings.
    Patriot Act.
    Bailouts.
    Mandated health insurance.
    Privacy.
    Civil liberties.
    Rule of law.
    Debt and deficits.
    Corporate controlled.
    Bank and Wall Street controlled.
    Soft money and lobbyists.
    FISA.
    Warrantless searches.
    TSA.
    Drug war.

Not any difference at all.
    Last edited by Dolphins9954; 11-27-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Fiscal policies.
    Monetary policies.
    Federal Reserve.
    Bloated and unfundable military budgets.
    NDAA.
    Indefinite Detention.
    Drone bombings.
    Patriot Act.
    Bailouts.
    Mandated health insurance.
    Privacy.
    Civil liberties.
    Rule of law.
    Debt and deficits.
    Corporate controlled.
    Bank and Wall Street controlled.
    Soft money and lobbyists.
    FISA.
    Warrantless searches.
    TSA.
    Drug war.

Not any difference at all.
    I still say more than half of those aren't on the President's shoulders. But, we'll have to agree to disagree on the matter I suppose...
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Romney felt like 47% of Americans were worthless, and thought women didn't deserve the same treatment as men. Romney felt like women shouldn't be able to make a choice on their own abortions, he felt like homosexuals shouldn't have a say on who they marry, and he felt like Hispanics were second-class citizens. Those are all social issues, and it cost him the election in an electoral ass-beating.
    That is absurd.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    That is absurd.
    How so?

He didn't use the word worthless when he talked about the 47%, but that was pretty much the gist of what he was saying. He was anti-gay marriage, was pro-life, wouldn't even acknowledge the issue of unequal pay with women (which is the politically safe way of sticking to the status quo), and was anti-immigration. I supposed saying he viewed hispanics as second-class citizens may be harsh, but he definitely didn't seem to care about their needs. Where am I incorrect...?
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still say more than half of those aren't on the President's shoulders. But, we'll have to agree to disagree on the matter I suppose...
    IMO Obama supporters like their Bush sprinkled with gays and abortion. He isn't the change that was promised and turned out to be the status quo on SO MANY levels. Real progressives and Real conservatives should have voted for Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. Voting for Romney and Obama requires such a huge amount of selling out your principles. Especially when liberals and democrats claim to be the one's for civil liberties and anti-war. And conservatives claiming to believe in liberty and small government. In the end we get a bloated government that can't keep it's books straight with a BIG desire to take away liberties. There are differences in ideas and how they plan to do it. But in the end we all take it in the ass. Sodomy is still sodomy. One does it doggy-style the other prefers to spoon us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Make It Rain!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks

Wow... I feel you get most of your talking points from BSNBC. 47% comment was completely taken out context...

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what,” Romney is shown saying in the video of a May 17 fundraiser in Boca Raton, Fla. “There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it.”
    Romney said in the video that his role “is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”
    http://politics.heraldtribune.com/20...victims-video/

Where does it say "worthless" because I am not seeing the word anywhere? You are simply parroting a liberal talking point. Congratulations!

Romney admitted to not being so eloquent, but the message was that die-hard Democrats believe in big government, various social programs and things like Obamacare. In other words, people that fall in the category of Progressives believe that that people need more help (or intervention) from the government. Tell me is that true or false? Romney says he doesn't "worry" about these people because he knows trying to get them to vote for him is an act of futility (their minds are already made up).

Where does Romney say that women don't deserve to be treated as equals? He sees his wife as an equal partner. During the debates he made a point about how he wanted women to be given equal opportunity in the workplace. Of course, all that liberals remember from that exchange was the "binders full of women" comment in typical liberal meme fashion.

In fact, if you look at the commercials by the Democrats during the election there were several that objectify and debase women if you look at the subtext. Exhibit A. Lena Dunham stating voting is like losing your virginity. Exhibit B. The issue of contraceptives. Oh those mean Republicans are going to take them away. Get real. People need to be responsible for themselves. Furthermore, it is disgusting to portray women as sperm receptacles that need financing.

The abortion issue... again women need to own up to their mistakes. With so many options available... birth control i.e. the morning after pill etc. Abortion should only be relied upon as a last resort. In Mitt's case he felt that issues of rape, incest or at the risk of the life of the mother an abortion would make sense. Otherwise, be responsible to not get pregnant or have the kid and put it up for adoption. Honestly, I am in favor of abortion, but it is not something that should be taken lightly (i.e. another form of birth control).

As for homosexuals and their right to marry... marriage is a holy sacrament of a church. I think that gay people should be allowed to have civil unions with all the same rights as straight people, but it should be up to the churches if they want to deem it a marriage. Traditionally speaking, churches define marriage as between a man and woman, and that's what Romney believes as well. Shocking I know.

Also, if you start telling churches that they have to marry everyone that infringes upon their rights. It would be like me being a Catholic and demanding that I have a Bar Mitsvah in a Jewish Synagogue because I felt left out when working in Hollywood. Again the government has stuck its nose into something that it shouldn't and that's what has created all the controversy. If the government simply stated that we recognize that two people are legally together for tax purposes etc. and that religious institutions are responsible for bequeathing all the other monikers, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Where did Romney treat Latino's as second class citizens? Ok later you say anti-immigration. Again, he was all for people that went through the process legally, however, people that come here "illegally" and take advantage or our system are not welcome. It's the same reason you may have fence or feel compelled to lock your door to your residence. Guests/Roommates etc. should feel welcome and are granted access by yourself or are given a key to stay for the long term. They are given access to your amenities etc. However, you would be hard-pressed to find someone okay with waking up and seeing a complete stranger raiding your refrigerator or going through your closet. Being "undocumented" is tantamount to being a stranger in my book. I can't account for you, and consequently you are not welcome. So again, come here legally and enjoy the spoils of your being a citizen, otherwise, Romney stated that he wouldn't welcome those who take advantage of our system. Common sense really.

Finally, social issues were not the main issue of this last election. It was and still is the economy. Romney kept hammering that point, but the media and the Democrats liked to keep us distracted with all these secondary issues.

I keep hearing about the Fiscal Cliff not abortion rights as being the main concern that is looming in the months ahead. Conservatives at least had a plan, but the Obama & Co. feel the solution is to just keep taxing the rich. Taxing the rich just makes the rich leave the country, hide their wealth or give up trying to grow their business. When there is no incentive because they keep getting dinged with more and more taxes, they will all just retire/close up shop or cut way back to avoid getting taxed to death. All those that rely on the wealthy for their jobs, as a result, will see their jobs vanish or their hours cut drastically. Furthermore, as the public sector grows and the private sector shrinks how is it sustainable to keep paying for you beloved social programs that promote all your social issues? It can't. We can keep borrowing against future by asking China to dole more money our way, but eventually the piper comes to collect. Just saying.

Please stop regurgitating your liberal talking points (the lies), and enjoy your Cadmean victory since the outcome of this country's most recent election may prove to be its undoing.

P.S. Climate change is also complete b.s.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How so?

He didn't use the word worthless when he talked about the 47%, but that was pretty much the gist of what he was saying. He was anti-gay marriage, was pro-life, wouldn't even acknowledge the issue of unequal pay with women (which is the politically safe way of sticking to the status quo), and was anti-immigration. I supposed saying he viewed hispanics as second-class citizens may be harsh, but he definitely didn't seem to care about their needs. Where am I incorrect...?
    These were posturings to the crowd at the time. Romney never would have sought any legislation on abortion and would have allowed same-sex marriage to continue its course.
    Quote Quote