Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Second Look At The Secondary

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
Gift received at 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM from hooshoopsTannehill 17Tannehill 17

Second Look At The Secondary

After watching the game a second time, I am going to be feasting on a bit of, after Thanksgiving, CROW, from Gonzo & friends, without much spice.

Our safeties were VG yet again vs the run, with Jones giving up one catch for 9 yards, and Clemons giving up one for 4 yards. Well Done by anyone's standards.

On to the CB's. Carroll split time with Stanford, and gave up a couple of catches for nothing. Stanford gave up that 32 yarder but, not because of his coverage, just a great play which happens.

Now to the CROW aka Smith. I cannot fault him on the TD where a backup TE runs across to back of the end zone the width of the field, JMO, However, his coverage on Rice was BAD. He got beat on 3 for 72 yards, and, with a better QB could have been lit up for over 200. He looked lost, and is not the same player I saw earlier in the year. Don't know what happened, in still playing for a new contract but, in this game he pretty much sucked.

So, time for LOTS of mango salsa to put on my crow. LOL
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    #12 #13 #23 #39 #54 #99

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not sure how much you watched but Clemons didn't play pretty much the 3rd quarter and most of the 4th. Jimmy Wilson replaced him. Not sure what this says about Clemons.

article: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...d-jones-cramps
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The true test comes this weekend.will Brady go after smith if so we might be in trouble
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we're gonna get roasted simple as that.
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm just waiting for the "Our Defensive Backs SUCK!" threads when the 40something pts avg per game' Pats play well against a young team in the Dolphins

I hope people on this board realize that the Pats are still a super bowl team... and we're not, yet.
    2014 Mock Draft

1. Zack Martin - OT/OG - Notre Dame
    2. Chris Borland - ILB - Wisconsin
    3. C.J. Fiedeorowicz - TE - Iowa
    4. Trai Turner - OG - LSU
    5. Brandon Thomas - OT/OG - Clemson
    6. Storm Johnson - RB - South Florida
    7. Calvin Barnett - DT - Oklahoma State

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pueblo West CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What I did not like about the TD in the corner was Smith had the "**** it they aren't throwing it there" attitude and quit on the play. We need guys that finish the play. It wasn't that the guy snook by him that got me, it was the way he just gave up on the play when a litte effort could have altered the outcome.

MY FAM
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    clemons left the game with cramps...had nothing to do with being benched...smith hasn't played a very good game since like the first quarter of the season...the sanford catch against i mean he was in perfect position even got his head around and all to keep from getting called for pi but he lost his footing and was falling...still tate made a rediculous catch inches off the ground after leaping over sanford...just give credit where it's due tate made a terrific play on a ball too far inside that was tailor made for an int...also carroll played a sideline vertical route really nicely getting his head around also after the face guard...pretty textbook stuff and shows growth in his play...

officials will give you a lot of benefit of the doubt even if you're riding a guy out of bounds or cutting off his angle down the field provided you get your head around...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    AJ DUHE JET KILLER

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guys, re watch the play, the tight end was not his man, he tried to leave his responsibility and was obviously late. Not smiths fault on that play
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by allsilverdreams View Post
    The true test comes this weekend.will Brady go after smith if so we might be in trouble
    Smith will likely be vs Lloyd, and "should" be able to contain him, depending on which Smiht we see.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    clemons left the game with cramps...had nothing to do with being benched...smith hasn't played a very good game since like the first quarter of the season...the sanford catch against i mean he was in perfect position even got his head around and all to keep from getting called for pi but he lost his footing and was falling...still tate made a rediculous catch inches off the ground after leaping over sanford...just give credit where it's due tate made a terrific play on a ball too far inside that was tailor made for an int...also carroll played a sideline vertical route really nicely getting his head around also after the face guard...pretty textbook stuff and shows growth in his play...

officials will give you a lot of benefit of the doubt even if you're riding a guy out of bounds or cutting off his angle down the field provided you get your head around...
    Good post. Smith was the only one I can fault this past week in coverage.
    Quote Quote