Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Jets fans...

1. -51
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Baltimore won the SB in the past 4 years? interesting, I didn't know that but then again I learn a lot of new stuff from you. You don't even know Pats history so why are you discussing other teams?
    So your saying that teams can be elite without winning anything??? Please. Sure the Ravens were elite the year they won the S.B. and they have been pretty darn good since, but not elite. You just want so bad to call your two failed AFC Championship teams elite that you want to change the very meaning of the word. Get it through your brain, failure "CAN NEVER BE CALLED ELITE". I'll change my mind on that the second they start calling teams that actually won something "SUPER DUPPER ELITE".
    Last edited by rob19; 11-30-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: PA
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    So your saying that teams can be elite without winning anything??? Please you are so bull**** it's not even funny. Sure the Ravens were elite the year they won the S.B. and they have been pretty darn good since, but not elite. You just want so bad to call your two failed AFC Championship teams elite that you want to change the very meaning of the word. Get it through your pea brain, failure "CAN NEVER BE CALLED ELITE". I'll change my mind on that the second they start calling teams that actually won something "SUPER DUPPER ELITE".
    elite teams are the best teams in the game not just the SB champs. the elite teams in a given yar are the top teams in the league, being atop 4 team 2 straight years made us elite.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    elite teams are the best teams in the game not just the SB champs. the elite teams in a given yar are the top teams in the league, being atop 4 team 2 straight years made us elite.
    You can keep telling yourself that but it doesn't make it true. As they say you can call your ass a turkey but that doesn't make it Thanksgiving.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    of course it's true, whether some whiny, phony Pats fan thinks so means nothing to me.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    don't let the final score fool you where NE scored a garbage time TD(you knew I would say that b/c it's true). we dominated play from the 2nd qtr on and it was only 3-0 NE after 1.

a "nice win"? we beat NE on the road in the div round when NE was far and away the favorite to win the SB a month after being humiliated 45-3 on the same field.
    It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th quarter. The biggest 4th quarter lead the Jets ever had was 10. It was a 1 score game with 1:57 to go. The Pats had a chance to tie the game with on onside kick recovery. That is not a whooping. What Bal did to them the year before was a whooping. What the Pats did to the Jets on Thanksgiving was a whooping.

The Jets get credit for a nice (or great, grand, best in Jets history) win, but don't try and make it out to be something it was not.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th quarter. The biggest 4th quarter lead the Jets ever had was 10. It was a 1 score game with 1:57 to go. The Pats had a chance to tie the game with on onside kick recovery. That is not a whooping. What Bal did to them the year before was a whooping. What the Pats did to the Jets on Thanksgiving was a whooping.

The Jets get credit for a nice (or great, grand, best in Jets history) win, but don't try and make it out to be something it was not.
    The Pats never had the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead in the 2nd half. The Jets controlled that game from the 2nd qtr on, don't let a garbage time TD fool you. The moment NE got bakc in the game w/ the TD and 2 pt conversion to cut it to 14-11 late in the 3rd we immediately came back and scored a TD in just over 2 mins going 75 yds to take a double digit lead again.

what NE did to us on Thanksgiving and in dec '10 was humiliation, I bet they'd trade both of those wins for the 2010 div rd win though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Pats never had the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead in the 2nd half. The Jets controlled that game from the 2nd qtr on, don't let a garbage time TD fool you. The moment NE got bakc in the game w/ the TD and 2 pt conversion to cut it to 14-11 late in the 3rd we immediately came back and scored a TD in just over 2 mins going 75 yds to take a double digit lead again.

what NE did to us on Thanksgiving and in dec '10 was humiliation, I bet they'd trade both of those wins for the 2010 div rd win though.
    Not having the ball with a chance to tie in the 2nd half does not make it a whooping. It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th. The Jets did score to put it back to 10, and NE ate up a ton of clock on the next drive and could have potentially cut it back to 7 with a 52 yard FG. They decided to go for it on 4th down and Branch dropped an off target pass from Brady that ended the drive. They stopped the Jets on their next drive and drove to kick a FG to cut it to 7 with 1:57. They needed on onside kick and didn't get it. The game was basically over at that point with no garbage time touchdowns scored. The Jets scored a meaningless TD after that which gave them the 14 point lead, and NE scored a garbage time TD that cut it back to 7. It was a much closer game than what you are making it out to be.

Since NE would have had a shot to actually make the SB, they probably would trade them. If they knew the outcome would be the same as the Jets, I doubt it would make any difference to them. Only Jets fans care about title game losses.
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not having the ball with a chance to tie in the 2nd half does not make it a whooping. It was a 3 point game at the start of the 4th. The Jets did score to put it back to 10, and NE ate up a ton of clock on the next drive and could have potentially cut it back to 7 with a 52 yard FG. They decided to go for it on 4th down and Branch dropped an off target pass from Brady that ended the drive. They stopped the Jets on their next drive and drove to kick a FG to cut it to 7 with 1:57. They needed on onside kick and didn't get it. The game was basically over at that point with no garbage time touchdowns scored. The Jets scored a meaningless TD after that which gave them the 14 point lead, and NE scored a garbage time TD that cut it back to 7. It was a much closer game than what you are making it out to be.

Since NE would have had a shot to actually make the SB, they probably would trade them. If they knew the outcome would be the same as the Jets, I doubt it would make any difference to them. Only Jets fans care about title game losses.
    The Jets controlled that game, were never in danger of losing at anytime and had a 2 TD lead late in the game before NE scored a meaningless TD to make the score look closer.

even knowing you'd lose Miami fans would trade places b/c it would mean they'd get to see 2 playoff wins, the last time you won 2 playoff games in a playoff year was 1984.
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    The Jets controlled that game, were never in danger of losing at anytime and had a 2 TD lead late in the game before NE scored a meaningless TD to make the score look closer.

even knowing you'd lose Miami fans would trade places b/c it would mean they'd get to see 2 playoff wins, the last time you won 2 playoff games in a playoff year was 1984.
    That is still not a whooping like you describe it. NE scored a garbage time TD after the Jets scored a garbage time TD.

As a fan, I would have enjoyed the ride like I am sure you did, but ultimately it was for nothing since the Jets have nothing to show for it. No one, other than the fans of that team cares or remembers playoff wins that result in nothing. I prefer the things that are written down in history, like Division Championships, Conference Championships, and Super Bowl Championships. When people look back in history from 2000 to 2012, they are going to see NE's 10 Division Championships, 5 Conference Championships, and 3 Super Bowl Championships. Nobody will care that the Jets advanced further than them in the playoffs in 09 and 10.
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That is still not a whooping like you describe it. NE scored a garbage time TD after the Jets scored a garbage time TD.

As a fan, I would have enjoyed the ride like I am sure you did, but ultimately it was for nothing since the Jets have nothing to show for it. No one, other than the fans of that team cares or remembers playoff wins that result in nothing. I prefer the things that are written down in history, like Division Championships, Conference Championships, and Super Bowl Championships. When people look back in history from 2000 to 2012, they are going to see NE's 10 Division Championships, 5 Conference Championships, and 3 Super Bowl Championships. Nobody will care that the Jets advanced further than them in the playoffs in 09 and 10.
    it wasn't a humiliation but it was a whooping, we controlled that game and saw Mark sanchez outplay Tom Brady at Foxboro for NE's first playoff loss w/ a bye w/ Tom Brady at QB.
    Quote Quote