Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101

Thread: Hello Jets fans...

  1. -61
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    it wasn't a humiliation but it was a whooping, we controlled that game and saw Mark buttfumble outplay Tom Brady at Foxboro for NE's first playoff loss w/ a bye w/ Tom Brady at QB.
    Your definitions are a lot different than mine. When NE has a chance to tie if they recover on onside kick and lose 28 to 21, you consider that a whooping. When the Jets lose 30-17 in the AFCC game, you consider that a close game.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -62
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,965
    vCash:
    19208
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Your definitions are a lot different than mine. When NE has a chance to tie if they recover on onside kick and lose 28 to 21, you consider that a whooping. When the Jets lose 30-17 in the AFCC game, you consider that a close game.
    did they recover an OS kick? even if they recover they then have to go 60 yds for a TD. NE never had the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead, we were on control the majority of that game and all 2nd half long.

    The 2009 title game we LED in the 2nd half, we had the ball down a score in the 4th qtr- NE never did against us.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -63
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    did they recover an OS kick? even if they recover they then have to go 60 yds for a TD. NE never had the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead, we were on control the majority of that game and all 2nd half long.

    The 2009 title game we LED in the 2nd half, we had the ball down a score in the 4th qtr- NE never did against us.
    They did not recover it, but just having the chance to tie if they did recover the onside kick means it was not a whooping. Who cares what the score was in the first half? Who cares that the Jets were only down a score at one point in the 4th. What matters is the final score at the end of the game. From the 8:57 on in the 4th quarter, the Jets were down 2 scores and never had the opportunity to tie (even with an onside kick like NE did) and you called that a close game. NE did have a chance (with an onside kick recovery) and you call that a whooping.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -64
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,965
    vCash:
    19208
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    You keep using that word "if". IF they rule the buttfumble fumble an incompletion in the '10 title game we probably go to the SB but they didn't. The bottom line is NE never had a chance to tie or take the lead at any point in the second half.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -65
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    You keep using that word "if". IF they rule the buttfumble fumble an incompletion in the '10 title game we probably go to the SB but they didn't. The bottom line is NE never had a chance to tie or take the lead at any point in the second half.
    They attempted on onside kick down 7 with around 1:58 in the 4th. That is not an if, that is a fact. You call that a whooping. The Jets were down 2 scores (and never got any closer) from 8:57 in the 4th on to the end of the game, and you call that a close game.

    You never know how the game changes if they made the wrong call on the fumble, but if everything played out the same, the Jets still would have lost the AFCC game to Pitt. Pitt was in FG range when they kneeled to end the game. So, even if you take away the score from the buttfumble fumble, Pitt could have kicked the game winning FG instead of kneeling.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -66
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,965
    vCash:
    19208
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    it's an IF they recovered situation, they didn't. They needed a miracle OS kick then had to score a TD. They never had a chance w/ the ball to tie or take the lead.

    we know how the rest of the game plays out if Pitt doesn't score that TD?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -67
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    it's an IF they recovered situation, they didn't. They needed a miracle OS kick then had to score a TD. They never had a chance w/ the ball to tie or take the lead.

    we know how the rest of the game plays out if Pitt doesn't score that TD?
    No whooping comes down to an onside kick attempt with 1:57 to play. You can't call NE's 28 to 21 loss a whooping because NE didn't have the ball with a chance to tie, and then call the Jets 30 to 17 loss to the Colts a close game. From 8:57 on in the 4th, the Jets never even cut it to a 1 score game, let alone have a chance with an onside kick. That is worse than NE's loss.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -68
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,965
    vCash:
    19208
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    No whooping comes down to an onside kick attempt with 1:57 to play. You can't call NE's 28 to 21 loss a whooping because NE didn't have the ball with a chance to tie, and then call the Jets 30 to 17 loss to the Colts a close game. From 8:57 on in the 4th, the Jets never even cut it to a 1 score game, let alone have a chance with an onside kick. That is worse than NE's loss.
    at no point did the great NE Patriots have the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead, that's a whooping on them on their homefield.

    again, we had the LEAD in the 2nd half, we were on the ROAD, we were a huge underdog and we had the ball w/ a chance to tie/take the lead in the 4th qtr. none of that applied to NE against us.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -69
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    at no point did the great NE Patriots have the ball w/ a chance to tie or take the lead, that's a whooping on them on their homefield.

    again, we had the LEAD in the 2nd half, we were on the ROAD, we were a huge underdog and we had the ball w/ a chance to tie/take the lead in the 4th qtr. none of that applied to NE against us.
    Again, who cares what the score was in the first half. The Jets were down by 2 scores from the 8:57 mark on in the 4th and never had a chance to even cut it to a one score game. At least NE cut it to 7 points and attempted an onside kick. You can't have it both ways. You can't call NE's loss a whooping and then call the Jets 30 to 17 loss a close game.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -70
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,965
    vCash:
    19208
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    it got away from us late, we lost multiple DBs and we lost Shonn Greene during that game but we were in it and had the ball w/ a chance to tie/take the lead in the 4th qtr- something NE didn't have a chance to do.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Miami fans and Jets fans views of good QB.
    By rvz1020 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 03:13 AM
  2. Jets fans complain about being harrassed by Bills Fans!!
    By Phins_Dynasty in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 08:45 PM
  3. Hey Jets fans...
    By fugawzi in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
  4. Jets Fans..
    By Phinz420 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-18-2005, 05:58 PM
  5. Here is something for all the JETS fans!!
    By SoFL-Cheesehead in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •