Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Take Your Pick (Senior RB Edition)

1. -21
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gragg is a player.... better blocker than just about any of the TE's who have 4 inches and 30 pounds on him despite having the receiving prowess of what amounts to an overgrown wide receiver.

Joe Fauria is an absolute nightmare in the redzone. No clue when it comes to blocking... and that's being kind. I believe he has the ability to be a threat for double-digit TD's in the NFL for years.

I still prefer Ertz over Toilolo. Ertz creates more seperation in addition to just being a better player on a down to down basis, but we're not far off from each other in terms of Toilolo. Dion Sims would be right there with Ertz.

Justice Cunningham might be the most underutilized receiving talent in the country. This kid is capable of making huge plays, and never fails to step up and do just that on the rare occasions Spurrier gives him a chance to. Unselfish player who just lines up and blocks his butt off until an opportunity comes his way in the passing game. Reminds me a little bit of Troy Drayton, and wouldn't surprise me if he were to go on have a similar career despite a relatively quiet 4 years at South Carolina.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Crystal River, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=TedSlimmJr;1064511895]I thoroughly agree with you on everything in bold here and I think his versatility is very unique in this draft... essentially to the point that I'm not even sure if I like him better as a RB or a WR. He plays both pretty well. I'd also agree with you that beginning around the 4th round area is where a player like him should start to become valuable.'

Riddick is one of those guys who are valuable week in, week out, in terms of gameplan and attacking an opponents weakness. If you are playing a team like the Saints or Raiders, with bad run fits, and poor tackling, Riddick's ability to make one guy miss and make a house call is very valuable. In those situations, I primarily try to use him out of the backfield. If you are playing the Dolphins, and can get him matched up on a Koa Misi or a Jimmy Wilson, you line him up in the slot. He gives you value on jet sweeps and end arounds.

I really hope he is chosen to play in the Senior Bowl, as it would really help give us an idea how the pro scouts view his best position depending on how he is used that week. We have the guys that move the chains, give us dependable catches. What we need are guys who are great at the RAC part, who can really open things up for our already formidable short/intermediate game. You build to a QB's strengths, and we have all seen now Tannehill is very good at putting it in spots where guys can get YAC. I would LOVE to come out of the draft with Stedman Bailey and Theo Riddick, as their versatility opens up numerous possibilities for our entire offense.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Crystal River, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As for the TE's, adding Joe Fauria would be a really good get. His most dangerous asset is his ability to high point the ball, IMO, and would instantly help us a lot in the tight red area. Green Bay was notorious for having 4 and 5 TE's on the roster, and I would be comfortable re-signing Fasano to a team friendly 2 year deal, and going forward with Clay/Egnew as H-Backs, and Fauria offering size and length as well. Formationally, it would offer us a lot of creativity, and really force defenses to defend us either in base or nickel personnel. Again, always trying to make the defense wrong.

The only problem with going with Chris Gragg is I feel he and Egnew are kinda the same player. Personally, I like Gragg better, and wished he was healthier this year, to build a rapport with Wilson. However, if I am adding another TE to this group, I want someone who will really prove his worth in the red zone, as Clay and Egnew both have decent ability in the seam area, but little value in the red area.

I am not as high on Tyler Eifert as some people are. Too many times I have watched him let the ball get into his body on routine catches. I wonder about his athletic ability, and if he could be a difference maker because of this. For where I would have to take Eifert, compared to where I think I can get Fauria, I prefer to take Fauria.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand there's at least one person here who wouldn't draft Lonnie Pryor for some reason, but I couldn't disagree more with it.

He reminds me of Zach Crockett when he came out of Florida St. in the mid-90's... except he has better speed than Crockett, who was virtually unstoppable as a goalline/short yardage back for several years in Oakland.

Pryor is a complete back who does everything well. Best blocking back in the draft, particularly when asked to lead around the edge and block defenders in space. He's so good at it because he's athletic enough to execute the fundamentals required of this type of blocking.... targeting the outside leg with his upfield shoulder. I see him consistently execute some absolute classics in this regard that result in huge runs for the rest of FSU's backs.

He's underrated at totin' the rock himself and has been underutilized in this area. Solid catching passes out of the backfield. I think this kid is a hell of a football player that has a chance to make a quality pro. Not necessarily in terms of being among the league leaders in rushing yardage or things like that, but having himself a long career where he'll be the most well rounded back on whatever team he goes to, and typically thought of as one of the best football players on his side of the ball. Versatile player who can line up as your tailback or fullback, and execute anything asked of him.

I think he makes a solid mid-round selection.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yea Mike James sighting! Solid, smart RB. Great guy. []_[]
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Take your pick of the back you'd prefer in each of the following matchups. I've paired up backs of similar skillsets. Of course, it's likely that you may not have even seen some of these backs unless you watch an incredible amount of college football.

Kenjon Barner or Andre Ellington

Montee Ball or Stepfan Taylor

Miguel Maysonet or Cameron Marshall

Orwin Smith, Marcus Curry, or Theo Riddick

Ray Graham or Robbie Rouse

Dennis Johnson or Zac Stacy

Johnathan Franklin or Mike Gillislee

Latavius Murray or Christine Michael

Mike James or Rex Burkhead

Onterio McCalebb or D.J. Monroe

Kerwynn Williams, Chris Thompson, or Curtis McNeal

Zach Line, Lonnie Pryor, or Shawn Alston

Montel Harris or D.J. Harper
    I think Ray Graham might be special in the league. Natural runner with vision and instincts. Montee Ball...ehhhh. But his #'s don't lie...

One guy who i really don't see being an impactful back in the league is Marcus Lattimore. God bless the kid, that injury was horrid..but he's got a long stride that, especially with the knee injury, doesn't bode well of the NFL.

Watched alot of Florida football, and Gillislee i THINK is a stud, but he usually did his damage after Florida's very physical o-line wore down their opponent in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    I understand there's at least one person here who wouldn't draft Lonnie Pryor for some reason, but I couldn't disagree more with it.

He reminds me of Zach Crockett when he came out of Florida St. in the mid-90's... except he has better speed than Crockett, who was virtually unstoppable as a goalline/short yardage back for several years in Oakland.

Pryor is a complete back who does everything well. Best blocking back in the draft, particularly when asked to lead around the edge and block defenders in space. He's so good at it because he's athletic enough to execute the fundamentals required of this type of blocking.... targeting the outside leg with his upfield shoulder. I see him consistently execute some absolute classics in this regard that result in huge runs for the rest of FSU's backs.

He's underrated at totin' the rock himself and has been underutilized in this area. Solid catching passes out of the backfield. I think this kid is a hell of a football player that has a chance to make a quality pro. Not necessarily in terms of being among the league leaders in rushing yardage or things like that, but having himself a long career where he'll be the most well rounded back on whatever team he goes to, and typically thought of as one of the best football players on his side of the ball. Versatile player who can line up as your tailback or fullback, and execute anything asked of him.

I think he makes a solid mid-round selection.
    Knew speed was good but he flashed the hell out of it in that game recently. I should probably get a good look at him. He deserves it. I usually ignore fullbacks.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    Knew speed was good but he flashed the hell out of it in that game recently. I should probably get a good look at him. He deserves it. I usually ignore fullbacks.
    I had the same experience with that bowl game. Turned it on mostly to check out Werner and Rhodes, then saw this big stout guy (6'0, 230ish) running by people. I know nothing about his overall game (blocking, cutting, smarts, etc). But Those wheels on that body is really something.
    Quote Quote