Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

1. -41
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    Yes but other losing teams sell out their tickets. Their fans come and support them even if they have a crappy product. Our fans don't.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

What about the Hurricanes? They can have a winning record and win their division and the stadium is half empty. Horrible fan support. It seems like the fans don't show up for the Hurricanes games unless they're ranked in the top 5 and are undefeated.
    I kind of figured I was wasting my time writing all of that up.

You didn't counter a single thing I wrote. Not one. I have a better question for you, why in the **** would you like a team from a city you hate with a fanbase you despise? Makes zero sense.

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another thread!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If only there was something that's changed with this team in the past 10 years that would explain this troubling statistic...
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Lets get those balls deep!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    the world
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTank View Post
    It should not be understated that Florida gained a third NFL team in 1995. If you consider the time that it takes for a new team to saturate a region into its fan base, I think that the Jaguars have certainly impinged on what was once Miami Dolphins territory.

You could then also factor the Buccaneers Superbowl win in 2002 as a sort of resurgence for a team that had been largely irrelevant for a very, very long time. They obviously picked up some new fans during that stretch.

Obviously, since 2000, it has mostly been downhill for Miami. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to the NFL. The Dolphins organization's region is basically south Florida. Its TV region is incredibly small now since Tampa Bay has west Florida and Jacksonville has East Florida, and then there's Atlanta. How the hell is anyone supposed to watch this team on TV? Oh... I guess I'm expected to go follow the Seahawks.
    Yeah move the Jags to LA. That should do it.
    "hey atleast I'm housebroken!"
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Why are the Dolphins more deserving than teams like the Bills, Chiefs, Rams, Raiders, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Browns, Redskins, Lions, etc.?
    In short, go look at the beach and tell me where would you rather be? Miami beach or watching crappy game where the team comes out flat half the time...your examples do not have the scenery to match miami beach...you either go to the game or sit at home and feel sorry that you live in buffalo...

also Ill give you another reason...I had season tickets with my dad from 1996 - 2000...we sat on the opponents side, right side of the field at about the 30...the tickets were 38$ a ticket for those 4 years...now they are past 50...

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

The Chargers, Buccaneers and Bengals have all had blackouts this season. The Bills were blacked out last season and had 15k tix available for Sunday a couple days ago.

I am sure you see the common denominator.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

Quote Originally Posted by Dmarino110 View Post
    In short, go look at the beach and tell me where would you rather be? Miami beach or watching crappy game where the team comes out flat half the time...your examples do not have the scenery to match miami beach...you either go to the game or sit at home and feel sorry that you live in buffalo...

also Ill give you another reason...I had season tickets with my dad from 1996 - 2000...we sat on the opponents side, right side of the field at about the 30...the tickets were 38$ a ticket for those 4 years...now they are past 50...
    Please don't give the finger wavers room for nuance. That's not the reason. NBA tickets cost more, and consumers flock to Miami to watch the Heat play.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    The Chargers, Buccaneers and Bengals have all had blackouts this season. The Bills were blacked out last season and had 15k tix available for Sunday a couple days ago.

I am sure you see the common denominator.
    Wasting your time, they'll still use those teams as examples. The weird hatred they have for Miami and its residents is all that drives them.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Wasting your time, they'll still use those teams as examples. The weird hatred they have for Miami and its residents is all that drives them.
    do they actually think by complaining to this forum everyday is actually goin to help though? i just dont see how complaining helps there cause. I dont mind locals givin me **** about not going to games, but out of towners just have no place to talk. They arent season ticket holders so they are contributing just as much as me.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lexington, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoRadioactiveCam Wake 91Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    do they actually think by complaining to this forum everyday is actually goin to help though? i just dont see how complaining helps there cause. I dont mind locals givin me **** about not going to games, but out of towners just have no place to talk. They arent season ticket holders so they are contributing just as much as me.
    Have you ever been a season ticket holder? I have.
    Quote Quote