Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

1. -101
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Obviously your girlfriend doesn't get out a lot. I am from Eastern Pennsylvania and believe me, we all are not as secluded as you might think. It isn't all buggies and amazement at beaches from people here, most of the people I work with and know have much more eventful lives then your girlfriend.
    She's from Lancaster. You tell me. I was there back in May.

****in culture shock for me. Couldn't believe people lived like that on purpose. Flat land for miles. Cows. Horses. Stunning. I thought those stories were a myth.

She has a pretty eventful life now that she met me.

Quote Quote  

2. -102
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    I love Whole Foods, but if they started selling expired meat and Winn-Dixie (which isn't very good in comparison) quality produce for ten years, I wouldn't go back until they got their stuff together. Sports isn't some magical entity where those rules don't apply. You draw the crowd you deserve based on performance.
    What kind of comparison is this? If you don't go to Whole Foods, there are other alternative grocery stores to shop at. If you're going to jump ship to go like another NFL team, you can't be taken seriously.

Quote Quote  

3. -103
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    What kind of comparison is this? If you don't go to Whole Foods, there are other alternative grocery stores to shop at. If you're going to jump ship to go like another NFL team, you can't be taken seriously.
    I already admitted that it was a bad comparison, but continue harping on that comment if you wish. My other posts in this thread make it clear what my thinking is.
    Quote Quote  

4. -104
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    She's from Lancaster. You tell me. I was there back in May.

****in culture shock for me. Couldn't believe people lived like that on purpose. Flat land for miles. Cows. Horses. Stunning. I thought those stories were a myth.

She has a pretty eventful life now that she met me.
    I know Lancaster very well. Not everyone is Amish or farms.

Quote Quote  

5. -105
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Bull****. It's pure loathing, which is evident in your complete disregard for all possible reasons for the team not selling out. You despise the fact that they don't have the undying loyalty to their local team that teams in Podunk Middle American towns enjoy, the kind of loyalty that keeps the stadium packed no matter what. You completely disregard that Miami is an entirely different market. You disregard the economy's impact there. You disregard demographics. You disregard very basic business concepts. You disregard literally everything and fall back on one asinine idea: the local fanbase sucks because they don't give undying support to a **** product.

That loathing is pure hatred. Not disappointment, embarrassment, or any other patronizing feelings you claim to have towards the city and those that live there. That's evident in your willingness to have the team move. But I'm sure their all very hurt by your disappointment and embarrassment.
    Is it just me or are the only ones harping about ticket sales out of towners? Are there any season ticket holders in here complaining about the lack of support?
    Quote Quote  

6. -106
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    I know Lancaster very well. Not everyone is Amish or farms.
    You ever watch that show "Breaking Amish?"

Insane how they treat the "English" like we're the plague and excommunicate anyone who steps outside their Amish family. Bunch of weirdos. I couldn't get enough of that show, though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -107
    Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Orleans/Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Born and raised in the heart of Miami... the arguments that there is "more to do" in Miami and that is the reason why the stadium attendance continues to be crappy is just a giant load of horse manure. Miami fans are awful fans, I'm not referring to people on this board, but the south florida fan base as a whole just doesn't know how to be a dedicated fan.

JCANE can attest to this.... even the mighty University of Miami was struggling to fill up the Orange Bowl before they moved to SunLife (where it is basically impossible for them to fill up now). Up until a few years ago there were a few certain things.... death, taxes, and the Orange Bowl stuffed on saturdays. but once the product started to take a step down, the "die hard university of miami fans" stoppped going to the games.

Heat games? My family became season ticket holders in '89, 2nd year of the franchise.. ive watched the demographics of the fans change with the influx of South American's, especially Colombians, who have moved to south florida and brought their culture (and money), good and bad with them.(have nothing against them, ex girlfriend was Colombian so i got the full on experience). In Colombian culture, showing up on time just isn't important and isn't disrespectful. the majority of Miami Heat season ticket holders now are South Americans, and when you watch games and either see empty seats midway through the 1st quarter or empty by the middle of the 4th, its because they just don't see anything wrong with showing up late or leaving early.

Marlins... does anything really need to be said? Steal money from the city, build a palace for them on sacred OB ground, and they still cant give away tickets for people to show up midway through the season.

The bottom line is the nature of the Miami Fan has become to show up when the going is good, and jump out when its not. The easiest way to bring back the fans that will fill out the rest of the stadium is to win football games consistently.
    A great sports town can survive not winning and keep fans in the stands.. Miami is not a great sports town, doesn't have great fans, and doesn't have a winning product.... is it really any big surprise that seats are consistently empty?
    Quote Quote  

8. -108
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not three hours lol. Biggest problem with the Hurricanes is that you're playing in a 75k seat stadium and you hardly have 10k students. Even with graduate students you're under 15k. How can you fill that many seats with so few students?

As for other teams with losing records who fill their seats, what the **** are you going to do in Buffalo other than hang yourself? It's cold as **** there damn near all year. Girls in Buffalo don't own bikinis. People in Buffalo go to Canada of all places because Buffalo sucks. Imagine that your city sucks so bad that you're willing to go to Canada to get away lol. The Bills offer some kind of entertainment and escape. Any other time you're stuck inside trying to stay warm because there's 17 feet of snow on the ground. The Bills get you out of the house from time to time.
    I don't give a **** about the city of Buffalo but you're wrong about their climate.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...graph/USNY1071

May to September seems nice. The months that are cold are cold in all of the Northeast during that time of year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -109
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    You ever watch that show "Breaking Amish?"

Insane how they treat the "English" like we're the plague and excommunicate anyone who steps outside their Amish family. Bunch of weirdos. I couldn't get enough of that show, though.
    I have never seen the show, but yes they do live a different lifestyle then the rest of us do. They don't treat everyone like the plague, in fact most of them are very friendly. Also don't buy into that all of them live without electricity. They might not have it in their living homes, but some do use modern technology for their business. Once made a purchase from an Amish buisness and they sent me a confirmation via fax.

They do disown their family members if they leave the faith, but it just who they are. No different then some crazy things other religions do. My biggest problem with them is the buggies on the road, pain in the butt to get around them sometimes in my car.
    Quote Quote  

10. -110
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I already admitted that it was a bad comparison, but continue harping on that comment if you wish. My other posts in this thread make it clear what my thinking is.
    Who's harping on it? I commented on that without seeing your responses.

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

That's your choice. I'll continue to be "worthless" and watch the games from home. I have no desire to go to the stadium.
    Your choice. Let's switch home states and I'll go to the games.
    Quote Quote