Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

1. -131
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Lol at the bad stadium excuse and bad location excuse. Who the hell really cares where the stadium is located? Are you going to the game or are you looking to buy a house? It's a football game not a hollywood tour bus ride. Go to the game and leave like everybody else. Are you planning on camping out in the parking lot and walking the streets at night.

As far as the bad stadium excuse. That's a personal preference issue. If the stadium is keeping you from going to the games then stay home , we don't need fans at the game that are more concerned with the color of the bathroom walls than the actual game.
    I certainly hope they are not attempting to limit the fans they "want" to those that fit a certain criteria. Getting to and from that stadium is a nightmare compared to many others I've been to. I couldn't imagine going with kids. Just one of the many small things that all add up to a big problem. But, I can see how it's much easier/more convenient to just say the local fanbase sucks. All I know is, if that's the view Ross and Co. are taking as well, good luck addressing it.

Quote Quote  

2. -132
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Lol at the bad stadium excuse and bad location excuse. Who the hell really cares where the stadium is located? Are you going to the game or are you looking to buy a house? It's a football game not a hollywood tour bus ride. Go to the game and leave like everybody else. Are you planning on camping out in the parking lot and walking the streets at night.

As far as the bad stadium excuse. That's a personal preference issue. If the stadium is keeping you from going to the games then stay home , we don't need fans at the game that are more concerned with the color of the bathroom walls than the actual game.
    The casual fan cares. As JCane and WV and Gonzo have said, the Dolphins do not have the large, local, passionate fanbase that other teams have. It's a diaspora. So what you're left with is a large group of people who might come to the game under a certain set of circumstances. A bad team, playing in a bad stadium in an inconvenient location, is three strikes against their decision making. So they stay home.

Do we "need" the fans at the stadium? Well, that depends on whether you think having fans at the game affects the outcome. I happen to think it does, perhaps you don't. But if you do, then these kinds of variables -- and the Dolphins' total lack of awareness of them -- should be important to you. It's a lot easier to fix the stadium than it is to fix the demographics of Miami, donchathink? The way the situation is now the stadium and it's location help keep people away, which makes the team worse, which means more people stay away... around and around the toilet bowl until you've got the situation as it is now.

A better stadium in a better location would incentivise people to show up even with the team mediocre as it is now, which could be the spark the team needs to get better and get more people coming to the game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Most of the fans , or should i say most of the past season ticket holders, reside north of miami, lauderdale, west palm,on up I-95. It's a shorter drive than going deep into miami. It's not pretty but is a better access location for those fans. I'm like you I loved the orange bowl and was brought up as dolphin fan in that stadium. At some point we have to let it go and deal with what we have now. It doesn't look like we are getting a new home anytime soon, so we have to embrace what we have, there's really no other solution other than not going. But as usual , these threads can be summed up in one sentence. Just win baby.
    Literally the ONLY solution.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Purple Pain

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I certainly hope they are not attempting to limit the fans they "want" to those that fit a certain criteria. Getting to and from that stadium is a nightmare compared to many others I've been to. I couldn't imagine going with kids. Just one of the many small things that all add up to a big problem. But, I can see how it's much easier/more convenient to just say the local fanbase sucks. All I know is, if that's the view Ross and Co. are taking as well, good luck addressing it.
    No that's my opinion not the dolphins. The stadium is right on the turnpike, not sure which route you take , but it's pretty simple to get too. I prefer 95 though.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Purple Pain

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    The casual fan cares. As JCane and WV and Gonzo have said, the Dolphins do not have the large, local, passionate fanbase that other teams have. It's a diaspora. So what you're left with is a large group of people who might come to the game under a certain set of circumstances. A bad team, playing in a bad stadium in an inconvenient location, is three strikes against their decision making. So they stay home.

Do we "need" the fans at the stadium? Well, that depends on whether you think having fans at the game affects the outcome. I happen to think it does, perhaps you don't. But if you do, then these kinds of variables -- and the Dolphins' total lack of awareness of them -- should be important to you. It's a lot easier to fix the stadium than it is to fix the demographics of Miami, donchathink? The way the situation is now the stadium and it's location help keep people away, which makes the team worse, which means more people stay away... around and around the toilet bowl until you've got the situation as it is now.

A better stadium in a better location would incentivise people to show up even with the team mediocre as it is now, which could be the spark the team needs to get better and get more people coming to the game.
    The stadium location and the stadium appearance will have no effect on attendance once philbin and ryan start ripping the nfl apart.

Miami fans get labeled fickle all the time. It's understandable if you don't want to support the fins at the stadium because of their poor play or if you live far away. Going to the game is an enjoyable experience for me and my family and friends.

If you don't attend because of what street the stadium was built on or the appearance of the stadium that is fickle and there is no reason to debate with that type of fan because if the stadium was new and in their back yard that would still make an excuse not to go.
    Last edited by Daytona Fin; 12-01-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    Lumberjack Batman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Most of the fans , or should i say most of the past season ticket holders, reside north of miami, lauderdale, west palm,on up I-95. It's a shorter drive than going deep into miami. It's not pretty but is a better access location for those fans. I'm like you I loved the orange bowl and was brought up as dolphin fan in that stadium. At some point we have to let it go and deal with what we have now. It doesn't look like we are getting a new home anytime soon, so we have to embrace what we have, there's really no other solution other than not going. But as usual , these threads can be summed up in one sentence. Just win baby.
    I agree with this somewhat. If I drive down just for the game, it's very easy to get in (not out, the parking still sucks ass). If I stay in Miami or somewhere nearby, it's annoying as Hell to get to the stadium.

Valandui's Weekly Music Video

Dub FX:
    Step On My Trip (Live)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEPEleJVjOo
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    TANNERECTION!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roy_miami View Post
    I would have agreed with you until I saw that 60 minutes piece on the Jags owner, it doesn't look like he's planning on going anywhere anytime soon.
    I didn't see that so obviously I need to get caught up

The last I had read was his interest in seeing a team(s) in London and was not against moving the Jags there.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Winning is the biggest problem without doubt. That's a 75k+ seat stadium. Winning football games and competing on a year in, year out basis will regularly put 65k+ in the stadium. Right now we average 55k which is roughly 75% of total capacity.

But then you have contributing problems which are smaller problems, yet still very much so a problem. Ticket prices, scorching heat, disconnect from the players, etc. It really pisses me off that now that the Marlins have left Jimmy Buffett Beer Stand Stadium, we still have that HUGE gap between the first row of seats and the sideline.

Then you have what TheWalrus referred to as "special combinations" such as stadium experience and bad location. I like that phrase "special combination." If a bad stadium in a bad location has bad parking, I can fix the bad parking by changing the way traffic funnels in and out of my lots. However, I still have a bad stadium in a bad location with easy access parking.
    I hear you. It is a factor, but the problem with mentioning the minor issues is that anyone arguing the other side of it only wants to focus on those minor issues even though the the stench of cow manure known as losing lingers over this franchise.

They know they have no retort for the constant losing argument other than, "go to the games no matter what!" so they conveniently avoid that altogether and talk about everything else (stadium, demographic, etc.).
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dade County
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's because we haven't had consistency in any sense of the word.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The stadium location and the stadium appearance will have no effect on attendance once philbin and ryan start ripping the nfl apart.

Miami fans get labeled fickle all the time. It's understandable if you don't want to support the fins at the stadium because of their poor play or if you live far away. Going to the game is an enjoyable experience for me and my family and friends.

If you don't attend because of what street the stadium was built on or the appearance of the stadium that is fickle and there is no reason to debate with that type of fan because if the stadium was new and in their back yard that would still make an excuse not to go.
    If you don't think the convenience of attendance (location) and the enjoyment of the experience (winning team, good seats) has an effect on the decision of the casual fan to come to the game, then I don't know what to tell you. It's just nonsense, what you're saying.

As it is the Dolphins are a negative in all three categories. "Ripping the NFL up" would be made easier by a full stadium, don't you think? It doesn't just happen in a vacuum.
    Quote Quote