Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

1. -61
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7 View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong Gonzo, there is definitely no hate towards Miami or its residents. None whatsoever. Disappointment and embarrassed? Yes.
    Bull****. It's pure loathing, which is evident in your complete disregard for all possible reasons for the team not selling out. You despise the fact that they don't have the undying loyalty to their local team that teams in Podunk Middle American towns enjoy, the kind of loyalty that keeps the stadium packed no matter what. You completely disregard that Miami is an entirely different market. You disregard the economy's impact there. You disregard demographics. You disregard very basic business concepts. You disregard literally everything and fall back on one asinine idea: the local fanbase sucks because they don't give undying support to a **** product.

That loathing is pure hatred. Not disappointment, embarrassment, or any other patronizing feelings you claim to have towards the city and those that live there. That's evident in your willingness to have the team move. But I'm sure they're all very hurt by your disappointment and embarrassment.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 12-01-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Quote  

2. -62
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

MERGED: Dolphins top of the list in the NFL for teams losing fans

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Bull****. It's pure loathing, which is evident in your complete disregard for all possible reasons for the team not selling out. You despise the fact that they don't have the undying loyalty to their local team that teams in Podunk Middle American towns enjoy, the kind of loyalty that keeps the stadium packed no matter what. You completely disregard that Miami is an entirely different market. You disregard the economy's impact there. You disregard demographics. You disregard very basic business concepts. You disregard literally everything and fall back on one asinine idea: the local fanbase sucks because they don't give undying support to a **** product.

That loathing is pure hatred. Not disappointment, embarrassment, or any other patronizing feelings you claim to have towards the city and those that live there. That's evident in your willingness to have the team move. But I'm sure their all very hurt by your disappointment and embarrassment.
    It's a shame because Nubs is a very knowledgeable poster imo. He's just way off base whenever he mentions this subject, as if we should just continue accepting poor to mediocre product and continue to line Ross' pockets no matter what. He knows damn well he wouldn't commit his money to any other industry if they consistently produced subpar performance for this long.

But it's sports, right? Just because it's sports, we should just disregard all of that and give up our money blindly? No thanks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post

That loathing is pure hatred. Not disappointment, embarrassment, or any other patronizing feelings you claim to have towards the city and those that live there. That's evident in your willingness to have the team move. But I'm sure their all very hurt by your disappointment and embarrassment.
    Please don't tell me how I feel. I think a lot of the "excuses" are just that, excuses. I don't hate Miami or the people in it, that is ridiculous to even say. I wouldn't be a fan of the Dolphins if I didn't like the state of Florida or the city of Miami. I want to see the team I love supported by the city they reside in. When I see the stadium empty on game day I am disappointed and embarrassed as a Dolphins fan. I just wish the locals loved the team as much as I do, but sadly they do not.

Also, not once did I ever say I would be happy to see the team move. Yet another attempt to put words in my mouth and spread lies. I have said I think it is a legitimate fear if the bad attendance continues over the course of a lengthy time.

Quote Quote  

4. -64
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Please don't tell me how I feel. I think a lot of the "excuses" are just that, excuses. I don't hate Miami or the people in it, that is ridiculous to even say. I wouldn't be a fan of the Dolphins if I didn't like the state of Florida or the city of Miami. I want to see the team I love supported by the city they reside in. When I see the stadium empty on game day I am disappointed and embarrassed as a Dolphins fan. I just wish the locals loved the team as much as I do, but sadly they do not.
    I love Whole Foods, but if they started selling expired meat and Winn-Dixie (which isn't very good in comparison) quality produce for ten years, I wouldn't go back until they got their stuff together. Sports isn't some magical entity where those rules don't apply. You draw the crowd you deserve based on performance.
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    FinHeaven Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    120 mi west of Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jurassic World2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    I love Whole Foods, but if they started selling expired meat and Winn-Dixie (which isn't very good in comparison) quality produce for ten years, I wouldn't go back until they got their stuff together. Sports isn't some magical entity where those rules don't apply. You draw the crowd you deserve based on performance.
    Are you a Patriots fan when the Dolphins have a bad season? Bad comparison.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

The Dolphins would be blacked out also if Ross and company didn't buy up the remaining tickets. Every Dolphins home game, except this week, would have been blacked out if they didn't buy up the rest. Thank Ross for no blackouts, not local attendance.
    I'm not thanking Ross for that. That's him saving himself. I can watch the game either way without going into the stadium.
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know about you guys, but i just ordered my 2013 season tix..this will be year 33..
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Are you a Patriots fan when the Dolphins have a bad season? Bad comparison.
    Touché. It is a bad comparison now that I read it over again. I know you're intelligent enough to understand the spirit of the argument though. Any thoughts on that?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finomenal View Post
    I'm not thanking Ross for that. That's him saving himself. I can watch the game either way without going into the stadium.
    Correct. He does it to make the sponsors and local tv stations happy.

No game on tv = unhappy sponsors and thus no sponsors spending $$$ in the stadium.

These owners make more money from the tv deals anyway...

As I've said many times, I had season tickets for over a decade and gave them up...The at home experience kicks ass...I'll never get season tickets again and maybe will go a game a year once they get good again.
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    Correct. He does it to make the sponsors happy.

No game on tv = unhappy sponsors and thus no sponsors spending $$$ in the stadium.
    Bingo. He's a businessman. A very successful one at that evidenced by his billionaire status. Buying his own tickets isn't a goodwill gesture. It's all about the bottom line.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsfanBarb View Post
    I dont know about you guys, but i just ordered my 2013 season tix..this will be year 33..
    You're exactly the brand of sucker Ross is banking on. You're part of the reason he laughs in private and says, "It doesn't matter, they'll show up anyway."
    Quote Quote