Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st round pass rusher has to be pick!

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    wales and will die a prou
    Thanks / No Thanks

1st round pass rusher has to be pick!

In my mind there are 3 primary positions in NFL...QB, DE & LT.....in that order.

We have our QB and no matter what anyone says about Jake Long he is still a very good Left Tackle.

I love Cameron Wake but we need a threat opposite him. If we can get a legitimate pass rusher to play opposite him and rotate with Vernon, it would allow Odrick to move inside and rotate with Soliai & Starks.

A rotation of Starks, Soliai & Odrick together with Wake, Vernon and Werner/Moore/Montgomery would be amongst the best in NFL.

With a couple of WR's & CB's thereafter, in my mind would be the ideal draft!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Costa Rica
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Question, if this is such a deep draft in quality pass rushers, assuming we pick early, shouldŽnt we focus on positions of need which are not so deep, in order to maximize the priviledge of picking early?? Example, pick the best CB available, and with our 1st 2nd rounder, best pass rusher available, then WR?? Whereas, picking a CB 2nd or 3rd round, might be such a drop-off, that it could be considered a 4th round talent in other drafts... My choice? Trade back anyways, from the teens, to the twenties, and pick an extra 2nd-3rd...we have way too many needs!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's also the strength of this years' draft. I personally think Miami needs to add two pass rushers, one ideally with the #1 pick. It's the only way to really compete with the Patriots who have owned the division for far too long. Attack Brady all day long with a relentless pass rush and you've got a good chance to win. Miami can concentrate of wr's and the secondary after that.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    BPA....I've bought into the draft for need over talent as you approach the draft. Fill holes. Not anymore. You draft the best player on the board unless it's a QB or lineman.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Student of the Game

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not many pass rushers in this draft it seems.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canandaigua,NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just give me a PLAYMAKER on either side of the board!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Forget need . . . I mean we can still field a football team w/o reaching for a need. This team has lacked "overall" talent for years. No playmakers and very few high quality athletes.

The only positions I would personally rule out early is QB (Tannehill), OL (ZBS guys are usually easier to find . . . can be had later) and DT (We have Starks and Soliai and even if Starks goes elsewhere Odrick is a natural 4-3 DT . . . plus Tony McDaniel could be a cheap backup come the offseason) . . . yea the 2 beefy positions. We need better athletes. CB, S, LB, DE, TE, WR, RB all on the table for me and I don't care which way we go as long as we take the best player at the time.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we need to get at least 1 of the top 4 wr's in this draft someway somehow. even if that means trading back into the first to do so. im for drafting a DE early and it looks like the best two pass rushes available at the time we pick will be either dion jordan or werner. moore is a beast but it looks like he might go top 10.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    we need to get at least 1 of the top 4 wr's in this draft someway somehow. even if that means trading back into the first to do so. im for drafting a DE early and it looks like the best two pass rushes available at the time we pick will be either dion jordan or werner. moore is a beast but it looks like he might go top 10.
    I believe Free Agency comes first, so we may address WR then . . . atleast to the degree that our hand is not forced to reach for a WR. I tend to agree that if the stars aligned correctly, I'd hope for a pass rusher with that first pick and comeback with a CB/WR combo in round 2.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Our front 7 is fine.

What we really need is an elite WR and an elite CB. An upgrade over safety Chris Clemons would also be good.
    Quote Quote