Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: 1st round pass rusher has to be pick!

  1. -11
    2413fanphins's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,604
    vCash:
    2353
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    bjoern werner is the perfect way to start this draft unless we end up winning enough games to take him out of the conversation.

    I like werner, than either of the tennesee or clemson WR's with the first second rounder. I am also not against doubling up on positions, I'd really like to take a mid round flyer on werners team mate tank carradine... than we would have a very good arsenal of pass rushers.

    I'd take the double up on the WR's as well, with a guy like swope later in the draft. try to find a CB, TE, OG, LB in any order however the board falls.

    werner is key IMO...
    Quote Quote  

  2. -12
    Kdawg954's Avatar
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    14,675
    vCash:
    2833
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo

    Re: 1st round pass rusher has to be pick!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    bjoern werner is the perfect way to start this draft unless we end up winning enough games to take him out of the conversation.

    I like werner, than either of the tennesee or clemson WR's with the first second rounder. I am also not against doubling up on positions, I'd really like to take a mid round flyer on werners team mate tank carradine... than we would have a very good arsenal of pass rushers.

    I'd take the double up on the WR's as well, with a guy like swope later in the draft. try to find a CB, TE, OG, LB in any order however the board falls.

    werner is key IMO...
    I agree, it would be a hell of a way to start your draft. I really wish the NFL did Free Agency after the draft so teams wouldnt discard positions in the draft because of voids they filled in FA.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

  3. -13
    2413fanphins's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,604
    vCash:
    2353
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    I agree, it would be a hell of a way to start your draft. I really wish the NFL did Free Agency after the draft so teams wouldnt discard positions in the draft because of voids they filled in FA.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

    I agree although I think our chances of drafting a rusher with our first rounder increase dramatically if we sign a free agent WR. I would like to see them sign someone, and draft werner than snag up de andre hopkins with our 2a pick...

    My ideal draft would go something like
    1. werner
    2a. DeAndre Hopkins
    2b. jonathon cooper
    3a. tank carradine
    3b. zach ertz
    4. mike james if he's around still and we don't reup with reggie.

    swope hopefully in the fifth. My only problem with that is I fail to slot in a CB anywhere that makes sense from who I think will be available and who I have to pick them over...

    i have my heart set on werner, but I'll be happy with an edge rusher like moore, or mingo... I think we are in a bit of a pickle of those three are gone and keenan allen is sitting there, than I have to change EVERYTHING!!!!
    Quote Quote  

  4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    3134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by normaldude View Post
    Our front 7 is fine.

    What we really need is an elite WR and an elite CB. An upgrade over safety Chris Clemons would also be good.
    I like our front 7 moreso as run stoppers. Besides Wake we don't have anyone that puts the fear in opposing quarterbacks, though. I really think that is the key to this draft. We can compete with NE if we can constantly pressure Tom Brady. As our team sits now, we can't do that. Obviously, we need to add receivers and find some offensive firepower to help Ryan Tannehill as well.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    3134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    bjoern werner is the perfect way to start this draft unless we end up winning enough games to take him out of the conversation.

    I like werner, than either of the tennesee or clemson WR's with the first second rounder. I am also not against doubling up on positions, I'd really like to take a mid round flyer on werners team mate tank carradine... than we would have a very good arsenal of pass rushers.

    I'd take the double up on the WR's as well, with a guy like swope later in the draft. try to find a CB, TE, OG, LB in any order however the board falls.

    werner is key IMO...
    I'm going to hire you as GM because I also think that's the perfect scenario. If we could somehow fit in Chase Thomas and still get the receiver and corner along with Werner and Carradine that would be a championship type draft.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -16
    2413fanphins's Avatar
    Super Donator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    6,604
    vCash:
    2353
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I'm going to hire you as GM because I also think that's the perfect scenario. If we could somehow fit in Chase Thomas and still get the receiver and corner along with Werner and Carradine that would be a championship type draft.

    i did a mock awhile back where if I recall it went like this... I only bring it up because it had your man chase thomas in there... hahaha
    1. werner
    2a. deandre hopkins
    2b. chase thomas
    3a. desmond trufant
    3b. tank carradine
    4. jordan reed
    5. ryan swope
    6. travis bond
    7. jordan rodgers

    in that scenario... I still liked the FSU double up on the DE spots.. except I had tank at 3b instead of 3a... although i have since changed my mind and just want to pull the trigger on him at 3a instead of risking him being gone... chase thomas was in there over a guard I have pegged in there now. I have dropped bond from my latest idea, and plugged cooper in instead of thomas... choosing to grab a linebacker later from ISU, jake knott.

    jordan reed has since been replaced by zach ertz. although I now have nobody penciled in at CB... I can't get comfortable with anybody at cb the longer I wait, and although I know its a pretty big need, I keep not adressing it.... nothing is final for awhile at least hahahaha...
    Quote Quote  

  7. -17
    utahphinsfan's Avatar
    Impact Wrestling > WWE

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    5,553
    vCash:
    8842
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdawg954 View Post
    Odrick is a natural 4-3 DT . . . We need better athletes. CB, S, LB, DE, TE, WR, RB all on the table for me and I don't care which way we go as long as we take the best player at the time.
    Agreed. Odrick as the 3 Technique and Big Paul at the nose has incredible potential.

    Miami does need a playmaker/athlete/pass rusher. The latest Walter football mock has Dion Jordan (Oregon DE) going to the phins @ 14. He reminds me of JPP but with more experience at the college level.

    The phins could double up in the Beaver State by taking Oregon St WR Markus Wheaton in the 3rd.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.








    Quote Quote  

  8. -18
    MiamiDolphin618's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2010
    Posts:
    1,199
    vCash:
    2417
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I like our front 7 moreso as run stoppers. Besides Wake we don't have anyone that puts the fear in opposing quarterbacks, though. I really think that is the key to this draft. We can compete with NE if we can constantly pressure Tom Brady. As our team sits now, we can't do that. Obviously, we need to add receivers and find some offensive firepower to help Ryan Tannehill as well.
    I do agree we need another pass rusher...but Im all for taking the BPA in the 1st. So if Keenan Allen and Dee Milliner are on the board...for me its going to depend on what pass rushers are available. We want to use the Giants defensive idea where we put constant pressure on Brady...but at the same time the Giants have weapons all around Eli. For me..this defense needs improvement obviously...but this team is only going to go as far as Ryan Tannehill takes them. Get this kid weapons....lots of them (it would be nice to get help in FA)
    Quote Quote  

  9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    3134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    i did a mock awhile back where if I recall it went like this... I only bring it up because it had your man chase thomas in there... hahaha
    1. werner
    2a. deandre hopkins
    2b. chase thomas
    3a. desmond trufant
    3b. tank carradine
    4. jordan reed
    5. ryan swope
    6. travis bond
    7. jordan rodgers

    in that scenario... I still liked the FSU double up on the DE spots.. except I had tank at 3b instead of 3a... although i have since changed my mind and just want to pull the trigger on him at 3a instead of risking him being gone... chase thomas was in there over a guard I have pegged in there now. I have dropped bond from my latest idea, and plugged cooper in instead of thomas... choosing to grab a linebacker later from ISU, jake knott.

    jordan reed has since been replaced by zach ertz. although I now have nobody penciled in at CB... I can't get comfortable with anybody at cb the longer I wait, and although I know its a pretty big need, I keep not adressing it.... nothing is final for awhile at least hahahaha...
    That is an incredible draft. I think if the Dolphins pulled that off they would instantly compete with NE for the division. I do think Trufant could end up early 2nd round, but other than that the players seem to be mocked about where they are projected.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2005
    Posts:
    3,117
    vCash:
    3134
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    I do agree we need another pass rusher...but Im all for taking the BPA in the 1st. So if Keenan Allen and Dee Milliner are on the board...for me its going to depend on what pass rushers are available. We want to use the Giants defensive idea where we put constant pressure on Brady...but at the same time the Giants have weapons all around Eli. For me..this defense needs improvement obviously...but this team is only going to go as far as Ryan Tannehill takes them. Get this kid weapons....lots of them (it would be nice to get help in FA)
    When you look at the Giants you have to wonder why they don't win more games. That team is loaded. I guess the bottom line is they win when they have to, but they nearly missed the playoffs during both super bowl title years. But to the point, yes best player makes sense. We have a lot of needs to fill. I think there is a really good chance that the best player ends up being a DE/pass rusher. Miami definitely needs to draft two wide receivers with their first 5 picks and give Tannehill some weapons. The Dolphins have to get a wr that can stretch the defense and that more physical #1 type. I think we go primarily for depth in free agency, but I'd definitely like to see the team add one quality starter. Ideally it might be a corner because I don't know if there's that much talent there in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Could we found a solid pass rusher in the fourth round ?
    By fastball83 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 11:49 PM
  2. #1 pick Wr, Qb, Pass rusher.
    By 1Dolfan in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
  3. Another Kam Pass Rusher
    By NY8123 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
  4. QB, RB & Pass Rusher??????
    By normaniii in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 11:48 PM
  5. Pass Rusher in the 1st round......is it the best option?
    By Dolphinator530 in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 08:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •