Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do the dolphins mean to you?

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

What do the dolphins mean to you?

We invest a lot emotionally into our team. I think even the ones who bash the recent state of our franchise truly love the team. I think some bash because of how much it hurts when we loose. I've defenitely been guilty of that. I was pondering why it is we love the dolphins so much. I'm sure everyone has a different answer. For me it's simple, some of the best memories I have involve watching dolphins games with my dad. It was those silent moments. We didnt have to talk, we just watched and cheered. Did I fall in love with the team or did I fall in love with the subtle moments a Sunday afternoon with your father can bring? In any case I love the dolphins for the memories. I get sarcastic because it hurts to loose, and sometimes I can get optimistic against all odds, but those memories never change.

What do the dolphins mean to you?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    We Are Still Going To The SB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MIAMI, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Miami Dolphins isn't a matter of life and death - it's much more important than that,"- No matter what, the week leading up to the game, the hours before the game and the game itself, nothing can replace that joy. And loving the Dolphins is one thing nobody can or will ever be able to take away from me. Under no circumstances.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The truth is out there.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Playmakers!

Ice up, Leodis.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    They are my greatest passion but also my biggest frustration. Every year brings new hope but by the end of the season same old heart ache. They make me bitch moan and complain but the bottom line is I love them and I just hope to see some superbowl victories before I die.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they are a 3 hour escape from reality 16 weeks a year (i miss the years when it was more) regardless of how bad they may play at times for those 3 hours, you're not worried about work, finances, relationships, or world issues. i know that isnt 100% accurate 100% of the time, but its an escape. Then from the end of the july every year til january, it gives us a time to bond with our fin brothers on this site. i know the site doesnt shut down during the offseason, but with me being a member for what seems like forever....except for at draft time and freeagency yeah its pretty much shut down. up until i was early 20's (22-23) i would not take a phone call during the game, but then ya know, ya kinda cant let your g/f know that the fins are more important than her so occasionally you have to talk for a minute.

i love the bar life, it gives me something to chat about at the bar, i dont watch the games at the bar anymore, i spent too much on sunday ticket and know how much i could drink so its a waste of money for me to go to bar. but at least when i go to the bar, wearing my fins jersey, tobaggon, or hats (i used to be a dork and had the fins khaki shorts too) then im met with the normal "oh so you're a fins fan, im sorry" but it makes for good icebreaker to start talking junk back and forth. it does make it harder to meet girls though because unless you're a dime and half i dont like female fans of other teams, girls can be aggravating enough at times that ya want to choke them to death, much less if they pull for bills, jets, or pats. my current intrest is a tenn fan so i got to hear her mouth a couple weeks back, but thats handlable cause she's knew and we dont play them every year twice a year. so yeah guess the fins have prob cost me a few girls...im the same way with UNC though, i wont date a dukie.

heck i'd prob even take a flesh wound to save danny marino or shula. not a full on bullet but if it grazing me would save their life i'd be all over it.

they are the reason i buy madden every year even though im starting to get burnt out on video games over the last two years and have become more carreer and socially focused. i dont play online really anymore but i would just love going into a match up with the fins just to have my opponet jabbering into the mike about how bad their team is gonna beat me (most of the time one of the top 4 ranked teams on the game, gamers want to win, im a homer) i miss ted ginn jr for madden purposes alone, you run cover two im getting a td, you blitz safety....td. last couple years its just been run reggie behind long and fasano. i jump into any tecmo or super tecmo bowl tourney anyone around here mentions because if i can change play book on super bowl fins are guaranteed win. clayton up top on a dig and go route is automatic homerun, tecmobowl, the play where duper runs a 12 yard in, unstopable and almost impossible to intercept.

when i wake up in the morning the first thing i think about in the morning isnt the fins (its my first smoke of day or AM BM) even on sundays takes me at least 20 minutes to start getting hyped up for game after i wake up, smoke, BM, shower, shave...then straight to the fridge to make sure i have adequate alcohol and food for game. i dont thank them in my prayers at night time. but man fins fan or anykind of nfl fan, if you have the love that some of us do, if you have a great fansite, with some a mix of drunk friends, ignorant friends, loud mouth friends, intelligable friends, homer friends, or doomsday friends, mixed in with 48 hours of get away time a year, man ya cant beat it. thats what the fins mean to me. love em. god, family, work, friends then fins
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The dolphins mean everything to me (and fantasy football). they usually dictate how my week is going to me, or at least mondays. Seeing us win and play competitively makes me proud to have stuck by this team through thick and thin....Proving the critics wrong--as well as the fair weather fans wrong---is also important...No matter how well or poor we perform, there will always be criticism towards this team....truth is EVERY team has holes....when we lose, fair weather fans are quick to pounce on our holes as the sole reason....Being a dolphins fan should be more than pointing fingers it should be just being happy we have a football team with a young promising QB and a smart HC. Give them time, let them develop, draft a young core of playmakers and let this team grow into a contender.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, pure and simple. I follow no other sports team, and never watch any other sport. If Miami isn't playing, then there is no reason for me to watch football... and that includes the playoffs or Super Bowl.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't know how something that is imprinted on your DNA is qualified.

Lord knows, I've been called all sorts of names for questioning the "Trifecta"

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A Phoenix trying to rise from the ashes of its greatness.
    "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others" -George Orwell
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Diehard Phinatic!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They mean everything to me. I've been a diehard for 25 years. I suffered through the heart break Marino years it was rough. I will always love the Dolphins. The future is bright!
    Quote Quote