I thought I'd share some options we would have with our first three picks of the 2013 Draft that would make me a happy camper if we took.
Disclaimer: I am in no way a draft guru, and I really have no clue where these guys are going to end up being taken. I'm just hazarding a guess at players I like in places I like them. I'm assuming we'll be picking in the 12-18 range come April.
- I think we have to take a DE here, considering it seems to be the strength of this class. We definitely have an opportunity at some elite talent here (I'm assuming Werner and Moore will be gone by this stage).
- DE Dion Jordan, Oregon
- DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
- DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
- Skill positions is the name of the game in Round 2 IMO, and I'm banking on a couple of guys declaring early to give us even more options with our two picks here (denoted by *).
- CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State
- CB Logan Ryan*, Rutgers
- WR Stedman Bailey, West Virginia
Second Pick (from Indianapolis)
- TE Zach Ertz, Stanford
- WR Brandon Coleman*, Rutgers
- CB Leon McFadden, San Diego State (I can see McFadden rising up the draft board with the slight dearth of depth at that position in the draft)
I'm not well-versed enough to know or even guess at who might be available in the third round (and beyond), but position-wise ideally I'd like if we picked up an LB (we need more depth there) and possibly another WR. I would be okay with an OG too.