Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WR Justin Hunter.... didn't realize he tore his acl last year, bummer.. his numbers

1. -21
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Agree I think he could shoot up draft boards...but top 15 is pretty rich. Although it only takes one team, and if Im not mistaken I think Slimm recently said he had him as his top WR if he comes out.

I really like him, but there are some pretty good receivers out there that other teams might like even more. I think you have Keenan Allen as a sure 1st rounder. After that, you have Woods, Patterson, Hopkins, Hunter, Bailey, Williams, etc etc. Lots of names out there..I think we can get ourselves a really good player in the 2nd round if it plays out like that
    I wonder if Miami would take a chance on someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Wilson from Washington maybe in the 2nd or 3rd? I think the problem now is that we can add LT to the needs list. Jake Long just can't stay healthy. As to Cordarelle Patterson, I really like him a lot. I might take him over Keenan Allen and I like Allen. Is that crazy?
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post
    I wonder if Miami would take a chance on someone like Da'Rick Rogers or Wilson from Washington maybe in the 2nd or 3rd? I think the problem now is that we can add LT to the needs list. Jake Long just can't stay healthy. As to Cordarelle Patterson, I really like him a lot. I might take him over Keenan Allen and I like Allen. Is that crazy?
    Could be a RT too...looks like Martin will get an audition at LT the rest of the way...and I think he will be okay over there. Id love Wilson..I think he gets to the 3rd round after his whole situation...and going into the year I had him as my #2 receiver...he can really play. More and more people are moving Patterson to the top of their lists...I don't think its crazy at all. Im not sure Im ready to put him above Allen...but the kid has the goods.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Would love to try out guys like Quinton Patton, Terrance Williams, Markus Wheaton, Denard Robinson or Corey Fuller.

Amongst the juniors you have to like Keenan Allen, DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods and Stedman Bailey.

YMMV on guys like Tavon Austin, Cobi Hamilton, Justin Hunter, Cordarelle Patterson and Da'Rick Rodgers.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiDolphin618 View Post
    Could be a RT too...looks like Martin will get an audition at LT the rest of the way...and I think he will be okay over there. Id love Wilson..I think he gets to the 3rd round after his whole situation...and going into the year I had him as my #2 receiver...he can really play. More and more people are moving Patterson to the top of their lists...I don't think its crazy at all. Im not sure Im ready to put him above Allen...but the kid has the goods.
    Honestly if Miami could get Wilson in the 3rd that would be incredible. I do think that Jake Matthews is now in play in round 1. I know most fans wouldn't like that pick, but the Dolphins could get a pass rusher in round 2 and maybe Markus Wheaton with the pick from Indy.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolphin Fan View Post

I don't think it's that crazy. Make no mistake, Patterson is rougher around the edges right now than Keenan is due to inexperience, but the upside with Patterson is the equalizer.

You can watch college football for a long time and not see a kid that brings the type of athleticism and ability with the ball in his hands that Patterson brings. You'll see several receivers that are tall and fast in a straight line, but don't have the agility in their hips and explosion to create separation and put fear in defenders with the ball in his hands.... the Johnathan Baldwin type.

Patterson has some Julio Jones in him, just not as physical or strong. He thinks he can make all 11 guys miss everytime he gets the ball in his hands.. and he almost does.

Special talent.

Patterson would be the receiver that would intrigue coaches the most. He's able to do some incredibly rare things with the ball in his hands for a receiver, much less a receiver that size.

It's the mental aspects and ability to pick up a system that I would question in regards to Patterson. That's to be determined in an X's and O's session during the interview process, but in terms of physical gifts and raw talent, I don't see a receiver that stacks up.
    Quote Quote