Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad News: KC Player Shoots GF, Commits Suicide at Team Facilities.

1. -121
    it is what it is

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Justice League Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan_101 View Post
    this is what scares me about believers, what kind of logic is that? I guess they say with god all things are possie, smh.
    Agreed. With God, all... = Ins'allah = farm fresh grade A bull plop.

p.s. Reason/logic are the antithesis of organized religion.
    Winning without ethics is not winning at all - Don Shula.

Quote Quote  

2. -122
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by utahphinsfan View Post
    Its probably the humorless drones making Benoit references or blaming our "Grand Theft Auto Society" that think JCane is tactless, etc...

It is a tragedy & I'd hate to be Pioli or Crennel. However, JCane is entirely within his rights to bring a little levity.
    Sure he is within his right but that doesnt make it right either and as a mod he is also suppose to hold himself to higher standards, other clown posters see a mod acting like that and they follow his lead. How someone can joke about a situation like this is not normal, its easy to sit there and laugh at something like this because you are not related to those people that got shot but if this was one of your family members than you would see why its disgusting to joke about a situation like this.
    Quote Quote  

3. -123
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    Sure he is within his right but that doesnt make it right either and as a mod he is also suppose to hold himself to higher standards, other clown posters see a mod acting like that and they follow his lead. How someone can joke about a situation like this is not normal, its easy to sit there and laugh at something like this because you are not related to those people that got shot but if this was one of your family members than you would see why its disgusting to joke about a situation like this.
    Jcanes wasn't making a joke. He was telling you what some classless Chief fans were saying.
    Quote Quote  

4. -124
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eomdtbtr View Post
    What's selfish is for other people to force you to stay in this life, if you truly don't want to; not the other way around.
    I agree with this, actually. Your life is still your life to live, for you. It doesn't belong to other people.
    Quote Quote  

5. -125
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSSUCK View Post
    Jcanes wasn't making a joke. He was telling you what some classless Chief fans were saying.
    Um, You must have missed his earlier post in the thread. It said "chiefs fan hoped it was cassel" , if u dont call that joking around, i dont know what is.
    Quote Quote  

6. -126
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    I agree with this, actually. Your life is still your life to live, for you. It doesn't belong to other people.
    I agree, but only to a degree. I think its selfish for a person who's kids and family depend on them for support to kill themselves.

Quote Quote  

7. -127
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    I agree, but only to a degree. I think its selfish for a person who's kids and family depend on them for support to kill themselves.
    Pretty sure that kid will probably never have to work a day in her life after alll the "donations" that family receives + her dads fortune. Nowadays after every crazy incident like this the first thing that happens is a fund gets created for donations..
    Quote Quote  

8. -128
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallFin1 View Post
    Pretty sure that kid will probably never have to work a day in her life after alll the "donations" that family receives + her dads fortune. Nowadays after every crazy incident like this the first thing that happens is a fund gets created for donations..
    Im pretty sure her dad wasnt nearly wealthy enough to set her for life. He was an UDFA and played this year on like a million dollar tender. He might be worth a million when you consider agent fees and other stuff like that.
    Quote Quote  

9. -129
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im pretty sure her dad wasnt nearly wealthy enough to set her for life. He was an UDFA and played this year on like a million dollar tender. He might be worth a million when you consider agent fees and other stuff like that.
    Maybe not for life but enough to get her into a good college i'd say so.
    Quote Quote  

10. -130
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True. Well said. Kids especially, not so much spouses. There's a promise made there, sort of a moral contract. But still, I think the emotional pain people feel can sometimes be overwhelming. If we as a society can see with compassion and understanding the desire for a person in physical pain to end their life -- even if people depend on them -- I don't know why emotional pain is treated so callously.

Locke would be far better suited to talk about it but there seems to be sort of a Stone Age macho attitude about mental health -- that these are not real problems and all boil down to weakness -- and that needs to change. Because when people with issues don't seek counseling, then you get incidents like this where they might (and I stress might) not have occurred.

Not saying we have to agree with someone's decision to end their life, but we do have to respect first the existence and then the severity of emotional trauma and, at the end of the day, people's right to do with their lives what they please. Part of the reason I think people think it's selfish for a loved one to commit suicide is because they feel guilty for not being able to have helped them.
    Last edited by TheWalrus; 12-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    Quote Quote