Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad News: KC Player Shoots GF, Commits Suicide at Team Facilities.

1. -131
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Im pretty sure her dad wasnt nearly wealthy enough to set her for life. He was an UDFA and played this year on like a million dollar tender. He might be worth a million when you consider agent fees and other stuff like that.
    Not counting taxes, highly likely greedy relatives, and the inevitable therapy she's going to need. I wonder if she's going to feel like she's "set for life" knowing her dad killed her mom and then himself?

Quote Quote  

2. -132
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    True. Well said. Kids especially. There's a promise made there, sort of a moral contract. But still, I think the emotional pain people feel can sometimes be overwhelming. If we as a society can see with compassion and understanding the desire for a person in physical pain to end their life -- even if people depend on them -- I don't know why emotional pain is treated so callously.

Locke would be far better suited to talk about it but there seems to be sort of a Stone Age macho attitude about mental health -- that these are not real problems and all boil down to weakness -- and that needs to change. Because when people with issues don't seek counseling, then you get incidents like this where they might (and I stress might) not have.

Not saying we have to agree with someone's decision to end their life, but we do have to respect first the existence and then the severity of emotional trauma and, at the end of the day, people's right to do with their lives what they please. Part of the reason I think people think it's selfish for a loved one to commit suicide is because they feel guilty for not being able to help them.
    Ill try find it, but I read a very interesting study a year or two ago about the differences in thought process in a genuinely suicidal person as opposed to a non-suicidal person. It even went as far as studying suicide notes of people who failed at weak suicide attempts and compared them to people who actually did kill themselves. The differences were huge. They used different words. Completely devoid of emotion or the thought of the aftermath. It was a really great read. I remember it being weird that I stumbled on it completely by accident about a week after a friend of mine had killed himself so it really stuck out to me.

Quote Quote  

3. -133
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Sad News: KC Player Shoots GF, Commits Suicide at Team Facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemyfins4eva View Post
    this guy should rot in hell.

why the **** do u have to ruin a young girls life before taking ur own? if u want to kill urself, thats your choice, but to go ahead and just murder a young lady like this also, **** u.

condolences to this girls family, and to the guys family, but not one ounce of sympathy from me for this dude.
    Unless he caught her with another guy, then it would be justified! Taking himself out was the right thing also! No trials and no vindication for the families! Well played imho!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One day my grandfather as a young boy had his uncle come over to the house. His uncle then proceeded to go out back on the swing set and put a bullet through his head. Then my great grandmother proceeded to tell my grandfather to go outside and clean up the skull pieces that had scattered over the yard. Sorry but I have no sympathy for someone that takes their own life.
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    No, suicide is the one sin that cant be forgiven. I fail to see how in the world you can justify the murder of a young mother as getting rid of evil.

I agree that suicide and murder are two unforgivable sins, but my god...this guy must have really had some internal demons. How bad do things have to be before you murder the mother of your son and then pull the trigger on yourself? Belcher must have been a tortured soul, but I feel for the poor mother and his son. That poor little boy is now an orphan with a horrific family history.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CattailsrEdible View Post
    Unless he caught her with another guy, then it would be justified! Taking himself out was the right thing also! No trials and no vindication for the families! Well played imho!

I really hope you're being sarcastic.

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

6. -136
    1/7/14

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky4Life View Post
    One day my grandfather as a young boy had his uncle come over to the house. His uncle then proceeded to go out back on the swing set and put a bullet through his head. Then my great grandmother proceeded to tell my grandfather to go outside and clean up the skull pieces that had scattered over the yard. Sorry but I have no sympathy for someone that takes their own life.
    If you can't have sympathy for someone who's life is in such tatters that they feel the need to do such a thing, then who can you have sympathy for?

Also, WTF was wrong with your great grandmother to tell a young boy to go pick up pieces of skull and brain? Seriously.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by endorPHINS72 View Post
    That poor little boy is now an orphan with a horrific family history.
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CattailsrEdible View Post

you cant be serious, right? ill take it ur being sarcastic and give u the benefit of the doubt ( at least i hope u r)
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    Ground and Pound

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Snakes!RadioactiveHalo Legendary1972 Dolphins LogoMike Wallace 11
    Man I rather be drafted to the jets than the chiefs even before this incident
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    Repin the MIA in AZ!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerdolphin View Post
    Sadly he probably did a lot of "developing" his kid in the last 24 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    If you can't have sympathy for someone who's life is in such tatters that they feel the need to do such a thing, then who can you have sympathy for?

Also, WTF was wrong with your great grandmother to tell a young boy to go pick up pieces of skull and brain? Seriously.
    I don't have sympathy for the action itself. Also, not really sure what was wrong with her. I don't have any memories myself of her, but the only way my grandma described her was that she was a *****. She was full blooded South Dakota Sue and was a piece of work.
    Quote Quote