Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

1. -31
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    19. Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame 6'6" 255
    Draft Scouting Report

Positives:
    + Stats- Been really productive at Notre Dame; 282 receiving yards freshman year, already 347 5 games into his sophomore year
    + Size- prototypical, 6í6 250lb frame
    + Blocking- good blocker for size
    + Character- plays the game with as much passion and effort as any tight end I have ever seen
    + Hands- never seen him drop a pass, doesnít trap passes against his frame
    + Route running- Extremely fluid route runner with loose hips and deceptive footwork
    Negatives:
    - Speed- good short area speed, but pretty bad long speed for a first round prospect
    - Big play ability- not much in the red zone, canít get yards after the catch, not very powerful with the ball in his hands
    I love Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert. He isnít a highly publicized prospect, namely due to the fact that he isnít expected to enter the draft (heís a redshirt sophomore), but that doesnít mean he wonít be a first round draft pick if he enters the draft this year.
    Eifert has solid size and speed. He has good height and bulk, but his speed is mediocre. Although he reaches top speed extremely quickly, his top speed is mediocre at best, and it limits him as a deep receiver,
    Eifert has been very productive at Notre Dame. After Kyle Rudolph was injured early in the 2010 season, Eifert came in and was immediately productive, getting 282 receiving yards his redshirt freshman season. He has been very productive so far in 2011, getting 352 receiving yards in 5 games. He is also extremely consistent. However, his yards per catch has always been unspectacular, and he had a pretty bad back injury his true freshman year, and he ended up taking a medical redshirt that season.
    Eifert has good hands. Iíve never seen him drop a pass, he doesnít trap passes against his frame, and he shows elite body control in the air. He is also very good at adjusting to the poorly thrown football.
    Eifert is a good route runner. Although he lacks the speed to create a lot of separation between him and his defenders, he uses his size and physicality to create space in the open field. He also accelerates very quickly into his routes, and has extremely loose hips, giving him elite change of direction skills and quickness in and out of his breaks.
    Eifert has versatility. He often lines up in the slot for Notre Dame, and he is very productive when he is lined up in the slot, similar to Jermichael Finley with the Packers.
    Eifert is a good blocker. He plays the game with ridiculous on field intensity, he is tough, he has great strength, and he has extremely long arms that he uses to drive defenders off the ball. However, he has mediocre on field awareness as a blocker, he struggles to create a wide base, and he struggles to sustain blocks.
    Eifert has good character. He has no off the field issues to my knowledge, and he plays the game with unbelievable on field intensity. Character definitely isnít an issue for Eifert.
    Overall, Eifert looks like a great NFL prospect. I have a feeling he will be a great player in the NFL, and heíll be a safe pick for any team in the draft.
    NFL comparison: Todd Heap, except Eifert is a much better blocker.
    Grade: 95 (deserves to be a mid first round prospect)
    Projection: 93 (will be a mid-to-late first round pick)
    http://nflmocks.com/2011/10/02/tyler...outing-report/
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    I would have to do some digging but I thought I either read or had on my DVR that irelands philosophy was mostly to stick with the big board... I remember something to the effect of "you have to trust the work you put into your board"... but I think the approach should be a split between need and BPA, once in awhile you may even get lucky enough that they are one in the same.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am not in the least impressed by Ireland. He has passed so many talented players that would also fill a need for us that I hold no hope that he will get it right this time.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    20. Luke Joeckel OT TAMU 6'6" 310
    Texas A&M's Luke Joeckel is currently considered the premiere offensive tackle prospect in the country. Almost universally ranked as the best prospect at his position, Joeckel has paved the way for the Aggies to have one of their best seasons in years, which was particularly impressive for their first year in the SEC. Joeckel is a prototypical left tackle with choppy, fast feet. Not an especially powerful blocker, but has plus athleticism that can seal the edge against speed rushers. Great positioning and plays the angles well. Excellent in blitz pickup. Finds the extra man with his eyes and is consistently looking for stunts and twists.
    Good, but not great in run blocking. Shows good fundamentals in his technique. Plays with a natural knee-bend, doesn't lose his balance, and keeps his feet active. Not a great drive blocker due to below-average hand positioning and so-so strength. Could benefit from playing in a zone blocking scheme where he can get out to a spot and use his forward momentum to gain positioning.
    Joeckel has an aggressive, yet under control style of play. Still has room to add some weight and will need to work hard in the gym to add power through his core and lower body.
    The 6'6", 310 lb. junior projects as a Top 10 selection in the 2013 NFL Draft.
    <br>
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=3467
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    21. Jonathan Cooper OG UNC 6'3" 295
    University of North Carolina offensive guard Jonathan Cooper is a very reliable interior presence with few shortcomings to his game. His unique blend of athleticism and strength have pushed him into consideration for a first round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft. Cooper has been a four-year starter at left guard for the Tar Heels. Only missed a handful of games in his career. Cooper is a very proficient pass blocker and uses his hands extremely well. Although he only has average height and size, he can hold his own against bigger or stronger tackles. He will likely need to continue adding power to his game as he transitions into the NFL.
    He possesses above-average quickness and gets into position immediately. Aforementioned size limits his ability to truly dominate inside, but he plays with a chip on his shoulder and refuses to be pushed around. He smoothly pulls out into open space and shows nice balance moving around the trenches.
    At the next level, he'll need to adapt his ability to adjust to more complicated defensive schemes. Cooper will be asked to be more mindful of audibles, stunts, twists, etc.
    He projects as a late first round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=3434
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    22. Mike Gillislee RB Florida 5'11" 212
    Since the first time I saw him at the University of Florida, I knew this player was going to be a very good addition to the football team. In his freshman and sophomore seasons, as I would sit with my Dad(who is a UF grad), I would keep complaining that Gilly was the best RB on the team and I could not understand why Meyer was not playing him more. Even when Muschamp came in and took over when Meyer got scared by the way that Alabama manhandled his team in SEC Championship and he could not adapt to the changing climate in the league(on a side note, Meyer was a total punk the way he left UF and I hope the Gators get a chance to play and crush the Overrated State University) , Champ stayed with Rainey and Demps. But in his Senior year Gilly got his opportunity and he did not disappoint. The guy is the kind of player I love. He is a player that straps on his chinstrap, picks up the lunch pail and goes to work. You want him to block he will block with tenacity, he can catch out of the backfield and he will run inside and out. I love this guy as a football player. He reminds me of Errict Rhett, another UF RB who played for TB, BAL, CLE for 7yrs before ending his career. Is he going to be a superstar? I do not know, but I will tell you he will contribute and the team will be glad to have him. But enough of my diatribe, let us look at scouting report of him against TAMU:
    Mike Gillislee and the Currency of Respect

By Matt Waldman ē October 24, 2012 ē Print-Friendly Gators runner Mike Gillislee understands the currency for respect in the game of football. Photo by Photo-Gator.

Hitting and guts are the currency of respect in the game of football. A football player that can deliver a hit, take a hit, and play with abandon earns respect from teammates, opponents, and fans. When I watch a prospect, these three aspects of football stand out immediately when I see them. Said player may not have the technical or conceptual skills, or physical talent to become an NFL player, but hitting and guts make a great first impression.
    Florida running back MIke Gillislee delivered a strong first impression against Texas A&M in the 2012 opener. Although I watched him carry the ball 14 times for 83 yards and 2 touchdowns, the box score only reveals the tip of the iceberg. What the stat line doesnít show is that Gillisleeís best runs Ė both statistically and otherwise Ė came during his final eight carries after he injured his groin in the first offensive series and required an A-C bandage.
    Among these impressive displays was a 24-yard run up the right sideline where he turned the corner on three defenders. As he was generating separation up the boundary he made the choice to go out of bounds, because as he opened his stride to his third gear he knew his groin couldnít handle it. Still, that didnít stop him from making an incredible run for a game-winning score with said groin injury that left him holding his private parts after the play. Iíll show that play later, because technically this gutsy, balls-out play was my lasting impression of Gilislee.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLKExSPzw2I" target="_blank">
    Read more:http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2012/10/24...ike-gillislee/
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Huge fan of the Gators. Elam and Gillislee are two of the more complete players we have had come out in a while. I hope that this is finally the year that we draft a gator players. It kills me to see them all go to the Pat's.

I love the two top tightends this year. Physically imposing size that opposing defenses have to account for. They should be a nightmare in the redzone with some good coaching.

Is it me or does this WR draft class seem to be fairly strong? Of course the drills haven't been run and the times havent been taken, but i feel like some difference makers can be found in the second and third.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    can gillislee block? if he can , i'd be all for taking him
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlared View Post
    can gillislee block? if he can , i'd be all for taking him
    As I stated previously, he is willing blocker and yes, he can block. You tell him to block a 350lb. DL and he will do everything in his power to stop him. If you told him in order to win he has to run through a brick wall, his only question would be-When?
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    23. Dalton Freeman C Clemson 6'5" 285
    Freeman is a leader on the Clemson offensive line and the lone returning starter for the 2012 season. He is considered one of the best offensive linemen in the country, and certainly one of the best at his position. He is one the Rimington Award watch list as a recognition for the nationís top center. He is one of the top player leaders on the team, and is a guy who can come in and probably start right away. He was a highly recruited prospect four years ago, and he wound up starting at center all four years for the Tigers. He has overall solid size, but a little less bulk than youíd like out of a center. I think he will be a very solid NFL player, if even as a backup lineman, and could be had in the middle to late rounds of the draft.

*Sorry, there was not much video on Freeman
    http://www.tigernet.com/view/clemson_update.do?id=7940
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Quote