Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

1. -131
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    93. Akeem Spence DT Illinois 6'1" 305
    Analysis
    STRENGTHS: Spence is a physical tackler and powerful hitter, showing good range and mobility for an interior lineman. He has good awareness to find the run lane and halt ballcarriers. Spence isn't much of a pass rusher at this point (3.5 career sacks), but has good experience, starting every game for Illinois the past three seasons (38 starts). Good experience, starting every game for Illinois the past three seasons (38 starts).
    WEAKNESSES: Needs to improve his leverage and timing in meeting ballcarriers at the line, and keeping his eyels level to follow the ball and not take himself out of the play. Spence isn't much of a pass rusher at this point (3.5 career sacks).
    COMPARES TO: Stephen Paea, DT, Chicago Bears - Like Paea, Spence is a strong, stout run defender who has room to grow as a pass rusher.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...5/akeem-spence
    Last edited by DKphin; 02-11-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -132
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    94. Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida 6'0" 237
    STRENGTHS - Jenkins is extremely quick and maintains that quickness throughout a play. He is very physical and will fight until the end of the play. He goes sideline to sideline extremely well and can cover a lot of ground in zone coverage. He has the speed and explosive burst to recover if he loses a step in separation. He is a strong and fundamentally sound tackler.
    WEAKNESSES - Jenkins needs to improve his playing strength so that he can take on and shed blocks more consistently. He needs to improve his play vs blockers if he is going to be productive against the inside run. While he can cover very well in zone coverage, I feel he needs to improve his hip turn if he is going to be a high end man coverage linebacker. Having missed time in numerous games due to injury and Florida's bowl game due to a broken bone, Jenkins ability to be a durable NFL player is a major question mark.
    SUMMARY - Jenkins is a versatile LB who would be best in a 4-3 defense as an OLB, but could also play in a 3-4 scheme as an ILB. He has the ability to get moving at the snap quickly and explode to the ball extremely well. He tackles very well, will hit you hard and is a very physical football player. He is extremely competitive and you will always see him fighting to make a play on the football. His m/m coverage skills could improve as I feel he needs to become better at turning his hips so that he can react quicker to the receiver's routes. He is very good in the zone as he has the quickness to react well to plays and he does not over pursue on any plays as he is very patient. Overall, Jenkins physical skill, ability to makes plays against the run in pursuit and strong coverage skills warrant a second round pick, but if he comes out early for the 2013 NFL Draft he will likely slide lower than that. His struggles staying healthy will likely lead to him being a third round pick at best, which is why I believe he should stay in school another season.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&position=olb
    Quote Quote  

3. -133
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    95. Jon Bostic ILB Florida 6'1" 246
    STRENGTHS - Bostic is a very patient player, will sit in the zone in pass coverage and will not over-commit to a play too often. He has very good footwork and if he does commit too quickly, he has a good change of direction to recover and make a play on the ball. On pass rush/blitz, Bostic has good initial quickness and the speed to get the corner and pressure the quarterback and make a play. He is a sound tackler, who uses good form most of the time. He uses his hands well to take on and stay free from OL blocks on the 2nd level, which enables him to consistently make tackles on runs at him.
    WEAKNESSES - While he displays good short area quickness, Bostic has not shown the explosive closing ability to make big, impact plays. At times he does not follow through on tackle after making initial contact, which allows ball carrier to break his tackle. He lacks the top end speed to run with TE down the seam and to pickup and stay with RB on "wheel" route down the sideline. Being tight in the hips hinders his ability to adjust quickly when receiver crosses his face. When he does not stay free from OL blocker and they get ahold of him, he lacks the strength to consistently anchor and can be ridden out of the play.
    SUMMARY - Bostic is a guy who possesses the athleticism, quickness and reaction to become a contributor in the NFL, although I do not see him as a starting LB. He gets moving at the snap quickly, has patience and reacts well to the play. He will not over-commit, will stand his ground and has the quickness to make the play in a small area. However, I would like to see him explode to the play better. He needs to finish plays better when he gets close them. He can change direction okay when he anticipates having to, but when he gets faked he is slow to change directions and lacks the burst to recover and get back into the play. Bostic lacks the playing speed to make plays consistently outside of the OT box - Basically, he can be productive in a small area. While he has quick hands and uses them well to stay free from OL blocks, he lacks great strength and can be ridden out of the play if the OL can lock up on him. Overall, Bostic is worthy of a late round pick as I believe he can challenge to make a roster as a backup linebacker and special teams player. However, he is not someone I believe can be a starter and will struggle to carve out a long NFL career.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=40231
    Last edited by DKphin; 02-11-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -134
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    whats the latest on jake stoneburner? I see him falling completely out of mocks... I haven't heard much of him in trouble since quite a long time ago, and I was wondering if something else had come to light with this kid. If he's gonna fall completely out of mock drafts there has to be something that I don't know about, and I should probably move him in my mock to the 7b pick...
    Quote Quote  

5. -135
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    whats the latest on jake stoneburner? I see him falling completely out of mocks... I haven't heard much of him in trouble since quite a long time ago, and I was wondering if something else had come to light with this kid. If he's gonna fall completely out of mock drafts there has to be something that I don't know about, and I should probably move him in my mock to the 7b pick...
    The only thing that I could find is that public urination charge that got him suspended from the team in 2012. Other than that I could find nothing. Most teams are looking for a TE that can hold up at the LOS and Jake is lacking in that area. He has been compared to Aaron Hernandez, but Hernandez is a more physical player. Stoneburner is very athletic, but if he can not get more physical with defenders, that is going to hurt him in the draft.
    Quote Quote  

6. -136
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    96. Troy Stoudermire CB Minnesota 5'10" 195
    STRENGTHS - Stoudermire is a tough and highly competitive cornerback, which has helped him to produce at a high level despite his height and lack of experience at the position. He consistently gets hands on receiver quickly at the line to slow receiver's release from "press" alignment and is able to flip hips to stay on receiver's hip. Natural timing, good ball skills and an explosive closing have helped him to break-up a lot of passes . For a cornerback with such little experience, he really showed football intelligence.
    WEAKNESSES - Obviously, at 5'9 Stoudermire lacks the ideal height and cannot consistently make plays to keep tall receivers from catching passes even when he is in good coverage position. Additionally, he lacks the strength to get receiver off "stem" and strong receivers are able to push-off to create separation. According to sources, he needs to prove that he has the maturity to handle being a professional athlete.
    SUMMARY - Stoudermire returned to the field in 2012 after being hurt in Minnesota's fourth game of 2011 and missing the rest of the season. A dynamic kickoff returner who holds the Big Ten record for most career kickoff return yards, Stoudermire has improved drastically since being switched from receiver to cornerback after his sophomore season. No doubt a gifted athlete with the potential to make big plays because of his explosive athleticism, Stoudermire is still raw and learning the position, but has excellent upside. Overall, despite questions about his maturity, Stoudermire is a worthy mid-round pick because he has the talent to be a nickel cornerback early in career and potentially a starter on the outside with improved technique and playing strength and will also contribute as a kickoff returner.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=37231
    Last edited by DKphin; 02-11-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -137
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    The only thing that I could find is that public urination charge that got him suspended from the team in 2012. Other than that I could find nothing. Most teams are looking for a TE that can hold up at the LOS and Jake is lacking in that area. He has been compared to Aaron Hernandez, but Hernandez is a more physical player. Stoneburner is very athletic, but if he can not get more physical with defenders, that is going to hurt him in the draft.
    The kid can block. Hes not a mauler by any means but is a competent and can improve. I believe he has slid because he's been used as a WR and not very successfully (until the last third of the season).
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better. - S. Beckett
    Quote Quote  

8. -138
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I will admit that I have not seen alot of Stoneburner because of 1. I hate Urban Meyer and 2. OSU gets way too much praise when every year they play a weak schedule. The only tape I have seen is that 2011 one against Akron. I have to rely more on what I read from a number of sources. The National Football Post is one of the better publications and this is what they had to say:
    While he is a good positional run blocker, he will need to be more aggressive on run blocks to be effective as an in-line blocker in the NFL.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=35944
    Last edited by DKphin; 02-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -139
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    97. Jonathan Cyprien SS FIU 6'0" 209
    Is this guy an OLB or SS?
    Analysis
    Strengths: Well-built defender who certainly looks the part of an NFL safety. Aggressive playing style and active demeanor. Took advantage of the Senior Bowl opportunity, standing out with his full-speed effort from the first practice. Enjoys the physical nature of the position. Meets the ballcarrier with a pop and refuses to let up.
    Good ball skills. Shows the ability to extend and snatch the ball out of the air. Has consistently played well against so-called "top" competition over his career, enjoying standout performances in past years against the likes of Texas A&M, Rutgers, Maryland and Louisville, among others.
    Weaknesses: Some have concerns about Cyprien's straight-line speed. Played a lot of two-deep coverage at FIU, showing the ability to play halves but not necessarily operate as a true centerfielder. Takes highly aggressive angles to the ball and consistently tackles ballcarriers high, two potential areas of concern considering the significant jump in competition he'll be making. There may be some initial struggles.
    Compares To: Morgan Burnett, SS, Green Bay Packers -- Surrounded by big names in the Packers' secondary, Burnett is quietly emerging as one of the league's better young safeties. He was targeted early by opponents as a rookie before going down with a torn ACL. Hopefully Cyprien won't have to deal with an injury, but he could struggle through similar growing pains. Once acclimated to the speed of the NFL, however, he also could rise quickly.

Last edited by DKphin; 02-12-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

10. -140
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    98. Duke Williams FS Nevada 6'1" 200
    Williams (6-1, 200, 4.60) will no doubt be one of the more debated safeties this year because he has been a dominant defender at Nevada, but scouts wonder if he has the elite athleticism to carry that production over to the NFL. Safeties who excel coming up and making plays in run support, tackle well in space and are excellent in deep coverage usually end up as high draft picks, so Williams has a chance to fly up draft boards if he shows during the 2012 season that he has the quick feet, loose hips and speed to produce at the same level in the NFL. Projection: Fourth-round pick

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...-eric-reid-lsu
    Last edited by DKphin; 02-13-2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Quote