Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Off the shoulder of Orion
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10. Arthur Brown OLB KSU 6'1" 231
    2012 LOTT IMPACT TROPHY FINALIST: Kansas State senior linebacker Arthur Brown is one of four finalists for the 2012 Lott IMPACT Trophy, the organization announced Thursday. Brown is K-State’s first finalist for the award, which recognizes college football’s Defensive Player of the Year who best exemplifies Integrity, Maturity, Performance, Academics, Community and Tenacity. Brown was joined on the finalist list by linebackers Jarvis Jones (Georgia), Manti Te’o (Notre Dame) and Chase Thomas (Stanford).
    In his second season for the Wildcats, Brown leads the team with 80 tackles, including six for loss and one sack. The Wichita, Kan., product also has two interceptions and five passes defended. His first pick of the season came at No. 15 West Virginia when he snapped Geno Smith’s then-NCAA record of 273-straight attempts without an interception. A week later against 14th-ranked Texas Tech, Brown intercepted a pass and returned it 37 yards for his first career touchdown. A former transfer from the University of Miami, Brown has averaged 7.5 tackles per game in 24 contests at K-State, including at least five tackles in 10 of 11 games this season. He notched a career best 13 stops against North Texas, while he had 11 at Baylor and 10 in K-State’s win at No. 5 Oklahoma. - Kansas State football
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...013&genpos=OLB
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    "It happens all the time," Taylor said. "It's not an exact science and personnel guys aren't the end-all, be-all. " Jason Taylor,2011
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    12. Xavier Rhodes CB FSU 6'2" 215
    Rhodes is a big cornerback who is very physical with receivers. He does a good job in press-man coverage. Off the snap, Rhodes limits the release with a strong jam and rerouting skills. He has the speed and athletic ability to run with receivers after the jam. Rhodes does a good job of not allowing separation and keeping his man covered. Rhodes showed the ability to match up with an elite receiver in his battle against Floyd. The Irish wideout couldn't beat Rhodes with speed or size.

Rhodes is a good run defender who is capable of putting on some nice hits on ball-carriers. Rhodes would probably be best playing press-man coverage or zone coverage in the NFL. Lining up off the ball and picking up a receiver in man coverage may not be a good fit for Rhodes' skill set. In that regard, a player who is similar to Rhodes is Alabama's Dre Kirkpatrick.
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013xrhodes.php
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    13. Matt Elam Florida SS 5'11" 205
    Skill-Set Summary: Elam is the complete package as a safety. He covers a lot of ground in pass coverage since he has the ability to run with receivers and tight ends. Elam is a physical, tough safety who does well in run support, too. He excels in any aspect of safety play.

Elam is very comfortable playing in the tackle box. He has a compact and muscular build that he uses to be a good tackler. An underrated aspect of Elam's game is his blitzing ability. The Gators haven't called his number that often to rush the quarterback, but when they have, Elam has showed off some dangerous ability to pressure the signal-caller. He has excellent pursuit speed to chase down ball carriers as well.

Elam is a natural in the deep part of the field in pass coverage. He is smart and judges the ball well. Elam shows good speed to cover a lot of ground and is able to pick up speed receivers running deep downfield. In zone coverage, he has a quick first step and doesn't get caught out of position.

Elam is an intelligent player who should only get better with experience. He is also a hard hitter who punishes receivers when given the opportunity.

Aside from a great physical skill set, Elam is very instinctive. He uses those instincts to fly around the field and be around the football, even when plays don't go his direction. Elam is disruptive and has a real presence in the back end of the field.

The scheme flexibility that the junior possesses will please NFL defensive back coaches. Elam has the size and physicality to play strong safety duties, but he is also fast and athletic enough to cover the deep part of the field as a free safety. Elam has fabulous coverage skills to play man-to-man with tight ends; more so than other early-round safety prospects.

Elam is a well-rounded prospect with big upside. He has tons of potential and could become a great player this season.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013melam.php
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great piece of work.... thanks for sharing.

I'd be interested to hear your view on Skov in our 43. This past year was mostly spent recovering from the injury the previous year so suspect this may have him around the 3rd/4th round... would love to have him in a Dolphin uni. Tough, intelligent, physical, good motor and has that mean streak that we really don't have in our LB corp at present.
    Pat
    Offensive Coordinator
    www.londonblitz.com
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    some odd ratings there...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    nice work DK... looks like a lot of work went into that. I like a lot of those guys.

i've been beating werners drum for a while now... obviously.

he's my first round target this year. and I dont see that changing.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This list will be updated continuously until the 2013 draft

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    nice work DK... looks like a lot of work went into that. I like a lot of those guys.

i've been beating werners drum for a while now... obviously.

he's my first round target this year. and I dont see that changing.
    I think Werner would be a great bookend with Wake, but I do not think he is going to be there when we pick.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by DKphin View Post
    This list will be updated continuously until the 2013 draft

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 AM ----------

I think Werner would be a great bookend with Wake, but I do not think he is going to be there when we pick.
    yea I hear ya, I liked our chances of grabbing him better before last weeks win. Now I think we have played ourselves out of contention for his services. It will maybe have to be somebody like mingo or moore/montgomer... whoever is there... still would try to double up with a flyer on carradine later... I'd like to have 3 great guys we could throw in there.

hate to trade up for the guy, but if we are only talking a spot or two... what do you think about that? hate giving away picks... wonder if somebody would go for a future pick...
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think trading up is something that you only do for a once in a lifetime player and if that is the case, you probably can not do it anyway. Just stick with the hand that is dealt to you and if your not an idiot, you can find talent. Now, I know we have Ireland so I know we are going to slip between coherent and delusional picks. Just hope he does not screw us to bad. In his defense, the last draft was not too bad- so there is hope.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    14. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 6'7" 243
    A very raw, long, and lean prospect, defensive end Dion Jordan is one of the leaders on the Oregon Ducks. Given his tremendous frame, the sky is the limit as long as he can continue to add bulk as his career progress in the NFL. Jordan is a very good athlete with a good first step and burst. Still requires coaching up in his technique. Relies on long arms to push away defenders. He needs to add strength in his upper and lower body. Projects as 3-4 OLB.
    Plays at his best against the run when in pursuit. Not built to handle powerful blockers head-on. His quick first step works best when it gets him into favorable position early. Not particularly aggressive and will sometimes fail to seal the edge contain. He has experience playing as a defensive end. Jordan is very tough and committed. No questioning his motor or hustle. In a few years, he may be able to play 4-3 DE, but must add weight and more power to his game.
    Jordan projects as a mid-first round prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft.
    http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/p...ospect_id=3393
    Last edited by DKphin; 12-31-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Quote