Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: buttfumble pulled against the Cards

1. -71
    Are you gonna drink that?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West-by-god-Virginny
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    he didn't deserve to be benchec before yesterday.

I don't want to make excuses and ultimately he is judged on his performance regardless of circumstances but he doesn't have much help.
    2014 Goals:
    1) Win the next game.
    2) See goal #1

"The problem with internet quotes lies in verifying their authenticity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Chase for Lord Stanley Begins ...

LETS GO PENS!
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 1 12 13 14 15 16
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I went 2001-2011, a 10 year span. even if you go back to 2000 it's 6 playoff apps to 3 ang 6 playoff wins to 1- still a destruction.

we are in 2012 so keep making the "prior to" excuse but '09 & '10 count.

It's funny how you mention the 4 teams ahead of us but cut it off at Baltimore who has 1 more playoff app since '01 and the same amount of playoff wins.

If we don't choke in '00 or '08 you don't win either div title but we did and you earned it, stop making excuses.

2001-2011:

Jets 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
    Miami 2 playoff apps, ZERO playoff wins
    Buf 0 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins

1 of these is not like the other
    2001 to 2011 is 11 NFL seasons. You don't like to back up 1 more year because it adds another Dolphins playoff app and win and does not add any for the Jets. 3 more playoff apps is not the difference between one of the worst teams over that time span and one of the best. The Dolphins were definitely one of the worst, so that only leaves one other option. 09 / 10 count, but I am just pointing out how close the Jets were to Miami prior to that. 2 crazy runs in 09 / 10 (that account for nearly 70% of the Jets playoff win total over that time) does not change nearly a decade of mediocre football.

I cut it off at Bal because that is the last of the best teams from 2000 to 2012. The rest do not qualify. Bal has a Super Bowl win, 2 more division titles (on their way to 3 more) and a .604 winning % (compared to Jets .515) It is funny how the best teams continue to be the best while the Jets keep hovering around .500 like they have the past decade.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on, so how exactly did Miami need them to choke? The 02 Jets were 2 games back with 2 games to play and they wouldn't play Miami in either game. The 08 Dolphins and Jets were both 9-5 entering the last 3 games of the season. They would play each other in week 17. Miami didn't need the Jets to blow those games against other teams. Even if the Jets kept pace, Miami would beat the Jets themselves in week 17 to give them the division title. That is totally different than the Jets needing to rely on other teams like they did in several of their playoff apps. Those are not excuses, they are the facts.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    2001 to 2011 is 11 NFL seasons. You don't like to back up 1 more year because it adds another Dolphins playoff app and win and does not add any for the Jets. 3 more playoff apps is not the difference between one of the worst teams over that time span and one of the best. The Dolphins were definitely one of the worst, so that only leaves one other option. 09 / 10 count, but I am just pointing out how close the Jets were to Miami prior to that. 2 crazy runs in 09 / 10 (that account for nearly 70% of the Jets playoff win total over that time) does not change nearly a decade of mediocre football.

I cut it off at Bal because that is the last of the best teams from 2000 to 2012. The rest do not qualify. Bal has a Super Bowl win, 2 more division titles (on their way to 3 more) and a .604 winning % (compared to Jets .515) It is funny how the best teams continue to be the best while the Jets keep hovering around .500 like they have the past decade.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on, so how exactly did Miami need them to choke? The 02 Jets were 2 games back with 2 games to play and they wouldn't play Miami in either game. The 08 Dolphins and Jets were both 9-5 entering the last 3 games of the season. They would play each other in week 17. Miami didn't need the Jets to blow those games against other teams. Even if the Jets kept pace, Miami would beat the Jets themselves in week 17 to give them the division title. That is totally different than the Jets needing to rely on other teams like they did in several of their playoff apps. Those are not excuses, they are the facts.
    I know but I took a 10 year(not season) period. obviously '02-'11 makes us look better than '00-'11 though we still are one of the best either way and still far ahead of Miami.

so let's take away the Giants SBs the last 5 years then too. Did '09 & '10 happen? then stop whining about it. I can say 100% of your SB wins came in a 2 year period, take those 2 years away and you have none.

Miami won the div by 2 games over us, we held the tiebreakers based on sweeping you and we went 0-3 the last 3 weeks and lost 6 of our last 9. We handed you the division based on your logic.

we were a DEAD team in week 17 in '08 and we atill nearly beat you. we blew the division the weeks prior where our only win was a defensive TD late against Buf as they were trying to run out the clock.
    Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I know but I took a 10 year(not season) period. obviously '02-'11 makes us look better than '00-'11 though we still are one of the best either way and still far ahead of Miami.

so let's take away the Giants SBs the last 5 years then too. Did '09 & '10 happen? then stop whining about it. I can say 100% of your SB wins came in a 2 year period, take those 2 years away and you have none.

Miami won the div by 2 games over us, we held the tiebreakers based on sweeping you and we went 0-3 the last 3 weeks and lost 6 of our last 9. We handed you the division based on your logic.

we were a DEAD team in week 17 in '08 and we atill nearly beat you. we blew the division the weeks prior where our only win was a defensive TD late against Buf as they were trying to run out the clock.
    Are you trying to say that Super Bowl wins are the same as playoff wins that result in nothing? They are completely different.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on and won the division by 2 games at 11-5. The 02 Jets were down 2 games with 2 games to go and the won the division on a tie breaker at 9-7. That is not even close to being the same. What happens early in the season can be overcome. When you still need to rely on another team (that you don't even play) losing in order to make it (in the last week or 2), is completely different. That was the case with the Jets in several seasons, and was not the case with the 00, or 08 Dolphins.
    Quote Quote  

5. -75
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Are you trying to say that Super Bowl wins are the same as playoff wins that result in nothing? They are completely different.

The 2000 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up at least 1 game from week 12 on and won the division by 2 games at 11-5. The 02 Jets were down 2 games with 2 games to go and the won the division on a tie breaker at 9-7. That is not even close to being the same. What happens early in the season can be overcome. When you still need to rely on another team (that you don't even play) losing in order to make it (in the last week or 2), is completely different. That was the case with the Jets in several seasons, and was not the case with the 00, or 08 Dolphins.
    ohhhh we can remove our playoff wins from a 2 year span but not your SB wins, got it

the 2000 Jets held the tiebreaker, the 200 Jets lost 6 of their last 9. If they went just 5-4 instead of 3-6 we win the division but we lost our last 3 and 6 of 9. I'm using your weak excuses here.

the only season we relied on teams losing week 17 was 2002. In 2008 you needed us to lose 4 of 5 to end the season, in 2000 you needed us to lose 6 of 9.

The bottom line is this, you guys have ONE playoff app since 2002, you have ONE playoff win since 2000. You are far beneath us in recent, relevant times. Even as bad as we were last year we were ahead of you, as bad as we have been this year we will likely finish ahead of you.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    ohhhh we can remove our playoff wins from a 2 year span but not your SB wins, got it

the 2000 Jets held the tiebreaker, the 200 Jets lost 6 of their last 9. If they went just 5-4 instead of 3-6 we win the division but we lost our last 3 and 6 of 9. I'm using your weak excuses here.

the only season we relied on teams losing week 17 was 2002. In 2008 you needed us to lose 4 of 5 to end the season, in 2000 you needed us to lose 6 of 9.

The bottom line is this, you guys have ONE playoff app since 2002, you have ONE playoff win since 2000. You are far beneath us in recent, relevant times. Even as bad as we were last year we were ahead of you, as bad as we have been this year we will likely finish ahead of you.
    So you do think meaningless playoff wins are the same as Super Bowl wins. That makes me understand why you think the Jets have been elite the past few years.

The 2000 Dolphins were never behind the Jets in the standing from week 12 on. Again, the 08 Dolphins and Jets were both 9-5 entering the last 3 games of the season. They would play each other in week 17. Miami didn't need to rely on someone else taking care of business against the Jets since they would play them at the end of the season. Even if the Jets were able to keep pace, Miami would take care of business themselves in week 17. The Dolphins didn't need to rely on anyone other than themselves. The same can not be said about the Jets who needed other teams to beat the Dolphins twice (the last 2 games of the season) in 02, and who needed Buff to lose in week 17 in 04, and needed Indy to lay down for them in 09. One of the best teams of the decade don't need those things to happen to make the playoffs.

The Dolphins have been really bad over that time span. I'm not saying otherwise.

Bad is bad and missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. I'm glad finishing a couple games better than a 6-10 team makes you feel better about the Jets. You will feel really good about next year if / when you finish ahead of teams like Buff, SD, Oak, Tenn, and Cle.

If you want to go with the most recent history, why don't you start with the new decade? The Jets will have missed the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years while the best teams over that time span continue to be the best.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So you do think meaningless playoff wins are the same as Super Bowl wins. That makes me understand why you think the Jets have been elite the past few years.

The 2000 Dolphins were never behind the Jets in the standing from week 12 on. Again, the 08 Dolphins and Jets were both 9-5 entering the last 3 games of the season. They would play each other in week 17. Miami didn't need to rely on someone else taking care of business against the Jets since they would play them at the end of the season. Even if the Jets were able to keep pace, Miami would take care of business themselves in week 17. The Dolphins didn't need to rely on anyone other than themselves. The same can not be said about the Jets who needed other teams to beat the Dolphins twice (the last 2 games of the season) in 02, and who needed Buff to lose in week 17 in 04, and needed Indy to lay down for them in 09. One of the best teams of the decade don't need those things to happen to make the playoffs.

The Dolphins have been really bad over that time span. I'm not saying otherwise.

Bad is bad and missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. I'm glad finishing a couple games better than a 6-10 team makes you feel better about the Jets. You will feel really good about next year if / when you finish ahead of teams like Buff, SD, Oak, Tenn, and Cle.

If you want to go with the most recent history, why don't you start with the new decade? The Jets will have missed the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years while the best teams over that time span continue to be the best.
    I am using YOUR flawed logic. You want to take away our 2 most successful recent seasons to try to make us look worse than we have actually been.

Again, the Jets held the tiebreakers and lost our last 3 and 6 of 9, using your flawed logic we gave you the division.

We only needed Miami to choke in 2002, we've been over the '04 scenario before. We essentially had a playoff spot clinched after week 15.

You played 3 non playoff bound opponents in 2009 including 2 at home and you lost all 3. It's not our fault teams like Miami choked. Buf had Pitt backups at HOME in '04 and lost, we faced Hou backups needing 1 win in '93 and lost. Nothing is guaranteed but once in we proved we belonged unlike the 2008 dolphins who got thrashed at home in the WC rd.

It doesn't make me feel better but how can you make fun of my team when it is always better than your team?

In this new decade we have 1 playoff app, 2 playoff wins, you have zero of both- we still win and we still have the most title game apps of any team in the league(though we are tied for that lead as well as tied for the lead in AFC playoff wins).
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I am using YOUR flawed logic. You want to take away our 2 most successful recent seasons to try to make us look worse than we have actually been.

Again, the Jets held the tiebreakers and lost our last 3 and 6 of 9, using your flawed logic we gave you the division.

We only needed Miami to choke in 2002, we've been over the '04 scenario before. We essentially had a playoff spot clinched after week 15.

You played 3 non playoff bound opponents in 2009 including 2 at home and you lost all 3. It's not our fault teams like Miami choked. Buf had Pitt backups at HOME in '04 and lost, we faced Hou backups needing 1 win in '93 and lost. Nothing is guaranteed but once in we proved we belonged unlike the 2008 dolphins who got thrashed at home in the WC rd.

It doesn't make me feel better but how can you make fun of my team when it is always better than your team?

In this new decade we have 1 playoff app, 2 playoff wins, you have zero of both- we still win and we still have the most title game apps of any team in the league(though we are tied for that lead as well as tied for the lead in AFC playoff wins).

It is impossible to use my logic when the situations were completely different. You can't compare the Jets losing games early in the season to needing the Dolphins to lose the final two games of the season to clinch a spot on a tie breaker at 9-7. The Jets were 2 games back with 2 games to go and wouldn't play the Dolphins again. The Dolphins were up a game from week 12 on in 2001 and won the division by 2 games at 11-5. In 2008, they were tied at 9-5 with a game against the Jets still on the schedule. Those situations are nothing alike.

We have been over it, and you have been proven wrong. The Jets clinched nothing in week 15 of 2004. They could have, but they failed to take care of business losing 3 of their last 4 games. If Buff hadn't lost, they would have been eliminated. The difference from the Jets making it or not came down to weather another team won or lost for them. That is not how one of the best teams over a decade gets into the playoffs.

I'm not making fun of your team, I am disputing your claim that they have been one of the best teams from 2000 to the present. Anytime someone points out the facts that show that they were not, you come back with how much better the Jets are than the Dolphins. Being better than the Dolphins has nothing to do with being one of the best teams in the AFC.

The Dolphins have had their worst 12 years in franchise history while the Jets have had their best 12 years in franchise history. You should have been better 12 out of 12 years and had a lot more playoff apps if your team was really one of the best. The truth is, they have not been.

The facts are the Jets only have 3 more playoff apps and 7 more regular season wins than a franchise that has been struggling for 12 years. Prior to 2009 / 10, the stats were nearly identical to Miami's. Those count, but 2 crazy runs that racked up 70% of the playoff win total doesn't change what happened the last decade.
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is impossible to use my logic when the situations were completely different. You can't compare the Jets losing games early in the season to needing the Dolphins to lose the final two games of the season to clinch a spot on a tie breaker at 9-7. The Jets were 2 games back with 2 games to go and wouldn't play the Dolphins again. The Dolphins were up a game from week 12 on in 2001 and won the division by 2 games at 11-5. In 2008, they were tied at 9-5 with a game against the Jets still on the schedule. Those situations are nothing alike.

We have been over it, and you have been proven wrong. The Jets clinched nothing in week 15 of 2004. They could have, but they failed to take care of business losing 3 of their last 4 games. If Buff hadn't lost, they would have been eliminated. The difference from the Jets making it or not came down to weather another team won or lost for them. That is not how one of the best teams over a decade gets into the playoffs.

I'm not making fun of your team, I am disputing your claim that they have been one of the best teams from 2000 to the present. Anytime someone points out the facts that show that they were not, you come back with how much better the Jets are than the Dolphins. Being better than the Dolphins has nothing to do with being one of the best teams in the AFC.

The Dolphins have had their worst 12 years in franchise history while the Jets have had their best 12 years in franchise history. You should have been better 12 out of 12 years and had a lot more playoff apps if your team was really one of the best. The truth is, they have not been.

The facts are the Jets only have 3 more playoff apps and 7 more regular season wins than a franchise that has been struggling for 12 years. Prior to 2009 / 10, the stats were nearly identical to Miami's. Those count, but 2 crazy runs that racked up 70% of the playoff win total doesn't change what happened the last decade.
    losing games early in the season? I said we lost our last 3 in '00 and 6 of 9, we lost 4 of 5 in 2008. using your logic you didn't earn either div title, we handed them to you.

I haven't been proven wrong, we didn't need to win a game after week 15 so essentially we clinched w/ our week 15 win and again we only needed a tie in week 17. There's no way we attempt a 50+ yd FG late in OT if we didn't know Buf had lost.

You can use the 12 worst years excuse but every decade Miami is getting worse. SB wins in the 70s, sb apps in the 80s, 1 title game app in the 90s, 1 playoff win in the 00s.

we have 6 more playoff wins since 2001, 5 more since '00. You have 1 playoff win since '00, your last title game app was 1992. we have been much better for a LONG time and that will likely continue b/c we have a down year here and there but alway bounce back, you guys stay down.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo

Yet your team is **** when talking about elite teams. The Jets being better than the Dolphins isn't saying anything. You should be insulted with any comparisons yet you're the one always making them.
    Quote Quote