Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110

Thread: buttfumble pulled against the Cards

  1. -91
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,371
    vCash:
    17613
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Ford LogoTannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    They needed Dallas to choke losing 4 of their last 5 to win the division.
    And here's where the hypocrisy comes in. The Jets, this year, have needed and still need the Steelers and Bengals to lose games so they have a chance. They don't control their own destiny. Same as a lot of teams yet you **** on the Giants and act like what they did doesn't mean anything.



    Quote Quote  

  2. -92
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    You said I was taking a shot at the Jets for calling it an AFL / NFL Championship. That is exactly what it was.




    I'm not the one who brought it up first. You did with your comment of the Dolphins getting worse each decade. I just pointed out how much better the Dolphins have been while getting worse each decade. It burns me that the Dolphins have been bad for 12 years. What the Jets have done in that same time period does not bother me in the least. Believe it or not.



    The Jets are making the playoffs?



    You not only blamed the injuries for missing the playoffs, but also said that is why buttfumble played so poorly last year. Every year you have a new excuse for buttfumble. I'm sure next year will be no different.



    Good one.




    And your team still stinks. Bad is bad. I've said it many times before, I'm glad you feel good about the Jets finishing a couple games ahead of a 6-10 team. I'm sure Charger fans feel great that they are finishing ahead of the Raiders.



    How did the Jets fair playing 2 out of 3 dead teams to finish the 2011 season?




    Sorry, the Giants were 1 game back with 4 games to go and still had Dallas on the schedule twice. Losing one game in the beginning of December is not needing a team to choke away the division. The Jets are the team that needed the Dolphins to choke away the division in 02 by being 2 games back with 2 games to go. Can you not see the difference? The Giants played a big part in the Cowboys collapse by beating them twice in the last 4 games of the season. The Jets had nothing to do with the Dolphins choking.



    I'm sure it does. That doesn't make your team one of the best for over a decade. Outside of the crazy 2009 and 2010 runs (which accounted for 70% of the Jets playoff wins in the last 12 years), the Jets had nearly the same playoff record as Miami. If the Jets were really one of the best, how can that be? How can two years take you from being on par with one of the worst teams the last 12 years to one of the best? It can't.
    It was known as the Super Bowl.

    getting worse each decade and it looks like that trend will continue through the 20teens

    the Jets have a chance, something Miami hasn't had for a long time.

    I didn't use the injuries as an excuse, I used the OL sucking as an excuse and I never used mark's stinger as an excuse. He was awful the last 3 weeks.

    I didn't need excuses for him until the last 3 games last year and this year and I have provided no excuses. I do discuss having no weapons this year which is a fact not an excuse.

    I'm happy we are in the playoff race, I'm happy our team hasn't quit, I'm happy we have good people running this organization and we have talent to rebuild around.

    Philly wasn't dead, Philly was playing the best football in the NFL the last month and we were dead in week 17 which was why we lost to such an awful team. In week 16 one play turned the seasons of both teams, the 99 yd TD to salsa boy.

    If Dallas goes 3-2 instead of 1-5 they win the division, if Dallas just wins ONE of those Giants games they win the division so they really only needed to go 2-3 as long as they beat NYG. They choked.


    It's not our fault you lost to a bad Minnesota team in 2002 while we whipped the Pats then whipped GB- 2 of the better teams in the league. We took care of business, you didn't just like 2 years earlier we blew it and you took care of business or back in '08 when we blew it while you took care of business.

    what makes my team one of the best in the last decade is being 5th in playoff apps and 4th in playoff wins.

    2009 & 2010 count, you can't take away 2 seasons. A fluke is like 2008 when you have 1 playoff app sandwiched around 10 seasons of missing the playoffs. We made BACK to BACK Title games, it wasn't a fluke. even taking those away in the last 10 years we had 3 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins vs. your 1 playoff app and zero playoff wins so no matter what way you slice it we come out on top.

    ---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PhinzN703 View Post
    And here's where the hypocrisy comes in. The Jets, this year, have needed and still need the Steelers and Bengals to lose games so they have a chance. They don't control their own destiny. Same as a lot of teams yet you **** on the Giants and act like what they did doesn't mean anything.
    read the posts please, I am suing his flawed logic whining about the Jets making the playoffs needing help. teams earn their way into postseason by winning the required amount in a given year, last year NYG earned it and Dallas didn't just like we didn't earn b/c we sucked late.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -93
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was known as the Super Bowl.
    And was an AFL / NFL Championship game, just like the previous 2. Calling it what it was is not taking a shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    getting worse each decade and it looks like that trend will continue through the 20teens
    Here you go again bringing up the 70's, 80's and 90's as if it has something to do with the future. Do you realize how ridiculous it is for a Jets fan to tell Dolphins fans that they have been getting worse each decade? I've already listed all of the other accomplishments that the Dolphins tower over the Jets in, but since you seem to only care about playoff apps and wins, here you go:

    Dolphins playoff apps by the decade:

    70's (7 playoff Apps) 8 wins
    80's (5 playoff Apps) 6 wins
    90's (7 playoff Apps) 5 wins
    00's (3 playoff Apps) 1 win
    10's (0 playoff Apps) 0 wins

    Jets playoff apps by the decade:

    70's (0 playoff Apps) 0 wins
    80's (4 playoff Apps) 3 wins
    90's (2 playoff Apps) 1 win
    00's (5 playoff Apps) 4 wins
    10's (1 playoff App ) 2 wins

    The Dolphins have 10 playoff apps in the 90' and 00's alone. The Jets have 12 in their entire franchise history. The Jets have never had more than 4 playoff wins in a single decade. The Dolphins getting worse each decade had more in each of the first 3 decades. (8, 6 and 5) It has only been in the 00's that the Jets have been better. Do you now see why it is silly for a Jets fan to say the Dolphins have been getting worse each decade? Outside of the 00 decade, the Jets have stunk for most of their entire history.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the Jets have a chance, something Miami hasn't had for a long time.
    Maybe mathematically, but so do the Dolphins. Neither team is going or deserves to go. We both stink.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I didn't use the injuries as an excuse, I used the OL sucking as an excuse and I never used mark's stinger as an excuse. He was awful the last 3 weeks.

    I didn't need excuses for him until the last 3 games last year and this year and I have provided no excuses. I do discuss having no weapons this year which is a fact not an excuse.
    When I state the facts, you say they are excuses, but when you give excuses, they are the facts. Got it!


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    I'm happy we are in the playoff race, I'm happy our team hasn't quit, I'm happy we have good people running this organization and we have talent to rebuild around.
    You are a Jets fan, you should be happy. You should just realize that this is still the same team that lost by 21 to Miami, lost by 21 to Seattle, and lost by 30 to NE just a few weeks ago. Just like last year, you guys are getting excited over a couple of wins against really bad teams. Bad teams that buttfumble didn't even play well against either. You are one of the few who think the Jets have good people running things. The Jets have become a bigger joke in the media than the Dolphins, and that is saying something.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Philly wasn't dead, Philly was playing the best football in the NFL the last month and we were dead in week 17 which was why we lost to such an awful team. In week 16 one play turned the seasons of both teams, the 99 yd TD to salsa boy.
    I love it! Philly wasn't dead being 2 games back with 3 games to go, but Miami is dead being 2 games back with 3 games, and the Jets were already dead being 1 game back with 1 game to go. Way to be consistent.
    The Jets lost those games because they stunk, not because of 1 play. If you want to talk about single plays, what about Tony Romo and Stevie Johnson?


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    If Dallas goes 3-2 instead of 1-5 they win the division, if Dallas just wins ONE of those Giants games they win the division so they really only needed to go 2-3 as long as they beat NYG. They choked.
    Let's talk about the last 4 weeks of the season since that is when teams usually back in. The Giants were 1 game back of Dallas with Dallas being on the schedule twice. From week 13 on, the Giants didn't need anyone else to beat the Cowboys because they did it themselves. If you beat the teams that you need to lose yourself, that is not needing help.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It's not our fault you lost to a bad Minnesota team in 2002 while we whipped the Pats then whipped GB- 2 of the better teams in the league. We took care of business, you didn't just like 2 years earlier we blew it and you took care of business or back in '08 when we blew it while you took care of business.
    No, but it was the Jets fault for being 2 games back with only 2 games to go to a team the wouldn't play again that season. That is needing help. The Dolphins have been in the same spot several times, and the only difference between the Jets playoff app and the Dolphins non playoff apps was something that another team did or didn't do. That is not earning your spot anymore than what the Dolphins did when they didn't get in.

    In 03 Miami was 7-7 in week 15 (Just like the Jets in 02) and Pitt was 9-5. Miami needed to win their final 2 games and needed Pitt to lose their final 2 games. Miami won out, but they didn't get the help like the Jets got in 02. Same thing in 03, but 1 week later in the season. The Dolphins were 9-6 and needed a win and a Denver loss (Just like the Jets needed Miami to lose in week 17 in 02), but they didn't get the help they needed like the Jets did. In 05, Miami was 2 games back with two games to go just like the Jets. Miami won out again, but did not get the help the Jets got. You can say the Jets earned their spot by winning the required # of games (9), but that # wasn't better (even worse some seasons than the Dolphins # (twice at 9 and once at 10 when they missed out) and would not have been good enough if not for the help of other teams losing. That is backing in.


    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    What makes my team one of the best in the last decade is being 5th in playoff apps and 4th in playoff wins.
    2009 & 2010 count, you can't take away 2 seasons. A fluke is like 2008 when you have 1 playoff app sandwiched around 10 seasons of missing the playoffs. We made BACK to BACK Title games, it wasn't a fluke. even taking those away in the last 10 years we had 3 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins vs. your 1 playoff app and zero playoff wins so no matter what way you slice it we come out on top.


    Not when 70% of those playoff wins came in 2 seasons. That doesn't change a decade of mediocrity. Even with the playoff wins included, the Jets are still not one of the best teams of the decade. All of the best teams of the decade have at least a Super Bowl app and multiple division titles to go with their playoff wins. The Jets have 1 division title (at 9-7), are barely above .500 the last 12 years and have only 7 more regular season wins than the Dolphins who have been terrible. That is not one of the best. Call it what you want though, I done pointing out the facts. You just ignore them and deflect by pointing out that the Jets have been better than the Dolphins for a decade.

    Time will tell if the Jets 09 /10 were a fluke or not. So far, the Jets are off to a good start being on their way to missing the playoffs for the second straight year.





    Quote Quote  

  4. -94
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    And was an AFL / NFL Championship game, just like the previous 2. Calling it what it was is not taking a shot.



    Here you go again bringing up the 70's, 80's and 90's as if it has something to do with the future. Do you realize how ridiculous it is for a Jets fan to tell Dolphins fans that they have been getting worse each decade? I've already listed all of the other accomplishments that the Dolphins tower over the Jets in, but since you seem to only care about playoff apps and wins, here you go:

    Dolphins playoff apps by the decade:

    70's (7 playoff Apps) 8 wins
    80's (5 playoff Apps) 6 wins
    90's (7 playoff Apps) 5 wins
    00's (3 playoff Apps) 1 win
    10's (0 playoff Apps) 0 wins

    Jets playoff apps by the decade:

    70's (0 playoff Apps) 0 wins
    80's (4 playoff Apps) 3 wins
    90's (2 playoff Apps) 1 win
    00's (5 playoff Apps) 4 wins
    10's (1 playoff App ) 2 wins

    The Dolphins have 10 playoff apps in the 90' and 00's alone. The Jets have 12 in their entire franchise history. The Jets have never had more than 4 playoff wins in a single decade. The Dolphins getting worse each decade had more in each of the first 3 decades. (8, 6 and 5) It has only been in the 00's that the Jets have been better. Do you now see why it is silly for a Jets fan to say the Dolphins have been getting worse each decade? Outside of the 00 decade, the Jets have stunk for most of their entire history.




    Maybe mathematically, but so do the Dolphins. Neither team is going or deserves to go. We both stink.




    When I state the facts, you say they are excuses, but when you give excuses, they are the facts. Got it!




    You are a Jets fan, you should be happy. You should just realize that this is still the same team that lost by 21 to Miami, lost by 21 to Seattle, and lost by 30 to NE just a few weeks ago. Just like last year, you guys are getting excited over a couple of wins against really bad teams. Bad teams that buttfumble didn't even play well against either. You are one of the few who think the Jets have good people running things. The Jets have become a bigger joke in the media than the Dolphins, and that is saying something.




    I love it! Philly wasn't dead being 2 games back with 3 games to go, but Miami is dead being 2 games back with 3 games, and the Jets were already dead being 1 game back with 1 game to go. Way to be consistent.
    The Jets lost those games because they stunk, not because of 1 play. If you want to talk about single plays, what about Tony Romo and Stevie Johnson?




    Let's talk about the last 4 weeks of the season since that is when teams usually back in. The Giants were 1 game back of Dallas with Dallas being on the schedule twice. From week 13 on, the Giants didn't need anyone else to beat the Cowboys because they did it themselves. If you beat the teams that you need to lose yourself, that is not needing help.




    No, but it was the Jets fault for being 2 games back with only 2 games to go to a team the wouldn't play again that season. That is needing help. The Dolphins have been in the same spot several times, and the only difference between the Jets playoff app and the Dolphins non playoff apps was something that another team did or didn't do. That is not earning your spot anymore than what the Dolphins did when they didn't get in.

    In 03 Miami was 7-7 in week 15 (Just like the Jets in 02) and Pitt was 9-5. Miami needed to win their final 2 games and needed Pitt to lose their final 2 games. Miami won out, but they didn't get the help like the Jets got in 02. Same thing in 03, but 1 week later in the season. The Dolphins were 9-6 and needed a win and a Denver loss (Just like the Jets needed Miami to lose in week 17 in 02), but they didn't get the help they needed like the Jets did. In 05, Miami was 2 games back with two games to go just like the Jets. Miami won out again, but did not get the help the Jets got. You can say the Jets earned their spot by winning the required # of games (9), but that # wasn't better (even worse some seasons than the Dolphins # (twice at 9 and once at 10 when they missed out) and would not have been good enough if not for the help of other teams losing. That is backing in.




    Not when 70% of those playoff wins came in 2 seasons. That doesn't change a decade of mediocrity. Even with the playoff wins included, the Jets are still not one of the best teams of the decade. All of the best teams of the decade have at least a Super Bowl app and multiple division titles to go with their playoff wins. The Jets have 1 division title (at 9-7), are barely above .500 the last 12 years and have only 7 more regular season wins than the Dolphins who have been terrible. That is not one of the best. Call it what you want though, I done pointing out the facts. You just ignore them and deflect by pointing out that the Jets have been better than the Dolphins for a decade.

    Time will tell if the Jets 09 /10 were a fluke or not. So far, the Jets are off to a good start being on their way to missing the playoffs for the second straight year.





    It was actually called the Super Bowl.

    so going from 8 to 6 to 5 to 1 to ZERO isn't getting worse? Really?

    we are a game out, IF we win our last 3 we have a very realistic shot of making it, if you win your last 3 you would need the miracle of all miracles to make it.


    stop deflecting, point to the exact fact I give out and tell me why you think it is an excuse?


    you can only play who is on your sched, a 9-7 team won the SB last year so anything is possible. Do I expect it? No, do I think it will happen? No but it's nice to know we have a shot.

    If we beat the Giants in week 16 Philly would have won the NFC East. Philly was very much alive and was playing the best football of any team the last qtr of the season.

    If Dal doesn't choke at home vs. NYG they win the div even going 1-4 or 2-3.


    The Jets had a slow start, had a million injuries and were playing awful football but no team was playing better over the 2nd half of the season which NE found out(our beat down of NE kept NE from the playoffs) and GB found out(our humiliation of GB kept them from the #1 seed in the NFC and made them play in the WC rd).

    Miami started off better, we finished better. we wer better over 16 games.


    Miami was 7-5 facing Philly and NE, they lost both and were essentially out of the race before beating 2 bad teams and needing an awful call to beat one of them.


    100% of your SB wins came in a 2 season stretch, can we take that away from you?

    5th in PO apps, 4th in PO wins- one of the best in the AFC. made the playoffs consistently, didn't just have a good 2-3 year run. made it in '01, '02, '04, '06, '09, '10


    the '09/'10 Jets have proven they weren't a fluke b/c they did it back to back years like the '08 phins proved they were a fluke b/c they were a one hit wonder.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -95
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was actually called the Super Bowl.
    And was an AFL / NFL Championship game. You said I was taking a shot when I was only stating the facts.

    so going from 8 to 6 to 5 to 1 to ZERO isn't getting worse? Really?
    I never said it wasn't getting worse. I just said it is silly for a Jets fan to mention that when they have 0, 3, 1, 4 and 2 in those decades. 3 out of the 5 decades of the Dolphins getting worse is better than the Jets best in all 5 decades. It would be hard for any team not to get worse with as much success as the Dolphins had early. The Jets have been so bad, they had no where to go but up.


    The Jets had a slow start, had a million injuries and were playing awful football but no team was playing better over the 2nd half of the season which NE found out(our beat down of NE kept NE from the playoffs) and GB found out(our humiliation of GB kept them from the #1 seed in the NFC and made them play in the WC rd).

    Miami started off better, we finished better. we wer better over 16 games.
    That is not the point. You brag about the Jets having 3 more playoff apps than the Dolphins in the last 12 years and give all the credit to the Jets for making it and calling the Dolphins fake contenders when they didn't make it. In reality, the only difference was something that another team did or didn't do that the Jets had nothing to do with. The Jets got bailed out several times making it at 9-7 twice and 10-6 because of something other teams did or didn't do in the final week of the season. The Dolphins missed out at 9-7 twice and 10-6 once based on something other teams did or didn't do in the final weeks of the season.


    Miami was 7-5 facing Philly and NE, they lost both and were essentially out of the race before beating 2 bad teams and needing an awful call to beat one of them.
    This is what kills me with you. The Dolphins are out of the race 2 games back at 7-7 with 2 games to go. (I agree with you on that) Guess what? The Jets were in the exact same position in 2002. 7-7 and 2 games back with 2 games to go needing another team (they didn't play) to choke to get in. The Jets got the help they needed, and the Dolphins didn't.


    100% of your SB wins came in a 2 season stretch, can we take that away from you?
    Super Bowl wins are a little different than playoff wins that result in nothing. Wouldn't you agree?

    5th in PO apps, 4th in PO wins- one of the best in the AFC. made the playoffs consistently, didn't just have a good 2-3 year run. made it in '01, '02, '04, '06, '09, '10
    10's start a new decade, so in the 00's the Jets made it 50% of the time. 3 out of the 5 times they backed in. The Dolphins (who were really bad) made it 30% of the time.

    The best AFC teams of the decade are:

    Patriots made it 70% of the time with 3 Super Bowl wins, 4 Super Bowl apps, and 7 division titles.
    Colts made it 90% of the time with 1 Super Bowl win, and 7 division tittles.
    Steelers made it 60% of the time with 2 Super Bowl wins, 3 Super Bowl apps and 4 division titles.
    Ravens made it 60% of the time with 1 Super Bowl win, and 4 division titles.

    The Jets don't belong in that list. They belong in this list:

    Jets made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 1 division tittle
    Chargers made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 5 division tittles
    Titans made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 2 division tittles
    Broncos made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 1 division tittle

    You want to include the Jets with the big boys because they won 4 playoff games (70% of their total in the decade) in 2 years. Playoff wins that result in nothing don't mean much and don't make your team one of the best in the decade. It is like me trying to put the Raiders on the same level with the Jets, Chargers, Titans and Broncos based on their 1 Super Bowl app in 2002.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 12-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -96
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    And was an AFL / NFL Championship game. You said I was taking a shot when I was only stating the facts.



    I never said it wasn't getting worse. I just said it is silly for a Jets fan to mention that when they have 0, 3, 1, 4 and 2 in those decades. 3 out of the 5 decades of the Dolphins getting worse is better than the Jets best in all 5 decades. It would be hard for any team not to get worse with as much success as the Dolphins had early. The Jets have been so bad, they had no where to go but up.




    That is not the point. You brag about the Jets having 3 more playoff apps than the Dolphins in the last 12 years and give all the credit to the Jets for making it and calling the Dolphins fake contenders when they didn't make it. In reality, the only difference was something that another team did or didn't do that the Jets had nothing to do with. The Jets got bailed out several times making it at 9-7 twice and 10-6 because of something other teams did or didn't do in the final week of the season. The Dolphins missed out at 9-7 twice and 10-6 once based on something other teams did or didn't do in the final weeks of the season.




    This is what kills me with you. The Dolphins are out of the race 2 games back at 7-7 with 2 games to go. (I agree with you on that) Guess what? The Jets were in the exact same position in 2002. 7-7 and 2 games back with 2 games to go needing another team (they didn't play) to choke to get in. The Jets got the help they needed, and the Dolphins didn't.




    Super Bowl wins are a little different than playoff wins that result in nothing. Wouldn't you agree?



    10's start a new decade, so in the 00's the Jets made it 50% of the time. 3 out of the 5 times they backed in. The Dolphins (who were really bad) made it 30% of the time.

    The best AFC teams of the decade are:

    Patriots made it 70% of the time with 3 Super Bowl wins, 4 Super Bowl apps, and 7 division titles.
    Colts made it 90% of the time with 1 Super Bowl win, and 7 division tittles.
    Steelers made it 60% of the time with 2 Super Bowl wins, 3 Super Bowl apps and 4 division titles.
    Ravens made it 60% of the time with 1 Super Bowl win, and 4 division titles.

    The Jets don't belong in that list. They belong in this list:

    Jets made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 1 division tittle
    Chargers made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 5 division tittles
    Titans made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 2 division tittles
    Broncos made it 50% of the time with 0 Super Bowl wins or apps and 1 division tittle

    You want to include the Jets with the big boys because they won 4 playoff games (70% of their total in the decade) in 2 years. Playoff wins that result in nothing don't mean much and don't make your team one of the best in the decade. It is like me trying to put the Raiders on the same level with the Jets, Chargers, Titans and Broncos based on their 1 Super Bowl app in 2002.
    It was known as the SB so I guess you won AFC/NFC Championships?

    I'm not worried about the Jets in the 70s, 80s or 90s. In recent, relevant history we have been one of the best teams in the AFC despite playing in a division w/ a dynasty team where we had no shot to win div titles.

    I don't brag, I am stating FACTS.

    we won big games in '02, when you faced NE in '03 you got shut out, when we faced them in '02 we whipped them. When you faced a top NFC team in '03 you lost, when we faced a top NFC team we humiliated them. That's the difference btw your '03 and our '02.

    SB wins are different but the argument is the same, trying to take away our 4 playoff wins in 2 years is like trying to take away your 2 SBs in 2 years.



    You keep expanding the years, I said the last DECADE. bal's SB win does not fall into the last decade and they didn't win a single playoff game from 2002 through 2007- that's 6 seasons w/o a playoff win. The Jets longest stretch was 4 years.

    5th in playoff apps, 4th in playoff wins. One of the top teams in the AFC.

    The Raiders have 1 playoff app and 2 playoff wins in the last decade, how would they be on our level?
    Quote Quote  

  7. -97
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was known as the SB so I guess you won AFC/NFC Championships?

    I'm not worried about the Jets in the 70s, 80s or 90s. In recent, relevant history we have been one of the best teams in the AFC despite playing in a division w/ a dynasty team where we had no shot to win div titles.

    I don't brag, I am stating FACTS.

    we won big games in '02, when you faced NE in '03 you got shut out, when we faced them in '02 we whipped them. When you faced a top NFC team in '03 you lost, when we faced a top NFC team we humiliated them. That's the difference btw your '03 and our '02.

    SB wins are different but the argument is the same, trying to take away our 4 playoff wins in 2 years is like trying to take away your 2 SBs in 2 years.



    You keep expanding the years, I said the last DECADE. bal's SB win does not fall into the last decade and they didn't win a single playoff game from 2002 through 2007- that's 6 seasons w/o a playoff win. The Jets longest stretch was 4 years.

    5th in playoff apps, 4th in playoff wins. One of the top teams in the AFC.

    The Raiders have 1 playoff app and 2 playoff wins in the last decade, how would they be on our level?
    I can't take it!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

  8. -98
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,863
    vCash:
    59451
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was known as the SB so I guess you won AFC/NFC Championships?
    That wouldn't be the correct term. AFC / NFC Championships are what gets each conference to the Super Bowl. You could call it an NFL Championship if you like.

    I'm not worried about the Jets in the 70s, 80s or 90s. In recent, relevant history we have been one of the best teams in the AFC despite playing in a division w/ a dynasty team where we had no shot to win div titles.
    I just pointed out how silly it was for you to say the Dolphins are getting worse each decade, when even getting worse the Dolphins were still much better than the Jets. In recent, relevant history, the Jets have been better than the Dolphins. That doesn't make them one of the best in the AFC in that same time frame.

    I don't brag, I am stating FACTS.
    Facts that are only facts according to you. You use the argument of how much better the Jets have been based on playoff apps/ wins but ignore the fact that the Jets barely made the playoffs several times and the Dolphins missed out several times. The Jets won 9 or more games 7 times in the decade. The Dolphins won 9 or more games 6 times in the decade. You are giving the Jets credit and discrediting the Dolphins based on things that other teams did or didn't do for them in the final weeks of the season. You can say the Jets won the required amount of games, but it was only the required amount because teams choked in the final week for the Jets and did not for the Dolphins.


    we won big games in '02, when you faced NE in '03 you got shut out, when we faced them in '02 we whipped them. When you faced a top NFC team in '03 you lost, when we faced a top NFC team we humiliated them. That's the difference btw your '03 and our '02.
    The Jets whipped NE the year they won 9 games and missed the playoffs, and we got shut out the year they went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The Jets whipped the top NFC team that was 1 and done in the playoffs (beat 27-7 by 9-6-1 Atlanta) while the Dolphins loss was to the top NFC team that made the NFCC game.

    You are the one who is always saying that it doesn't matter if you win games early or late, yet you credit the Jets for their 9 wins and discredit the Dolphins for their 10 wins. One 9 win team made it because they got help and the other 10 win team missed out because they didn't get help. I don't care what big games the Jets won when they are 2 games back with 2 weeks left in the season. They got in based on another team choking. They didn't earn it the way the best teams do.

    SB wins are different but the argument is the same, trying to take away our 4 playoff wins in 2 years is like trying to take away your 2 SBs in 2 years.
    No, it is not. Average teams can make the playoffs and even win some playoff games. You are trying to make the argument for being one of the best teams in the decade based on playoff apps / wins. Winning 70% of your playoff total in 2 seasons does not change nearly a decade of mediocrity. I didn't say to take those two years away. Even with them included, the Jets have not been one of the best.


    You keep expanding the years, I said the last DECADE. bal's SB win does not fall into the last decade and they didn't win a single playoff game from 2002 through 2007- that's 6 seasons w/o a playoff win. The Jets longest stretch was 4 years.
    You are the one who wants to narrow time frames in order to try and make your argument. If you are talking best teams of the decade, I think it is common to start at the beginning of each decade. 80's, 90's 00's, 10's. You want to start at specific points because it adds to the Jets and takes away from other teams.

    What is your point? The Jets won just 2 playoff games from 2000 to 2008 and you want to call them one of the best based on the 4 playoff wins that came in two seasons. Each team doesn't get to face the same competition in the playoffs. If you want to narrow the time frame to take away 4 playoff wins and the Super Bowl win, I wouldn't consider Bal one of the best AFC teams.

    The Raiders have 1 playoff app and 2 playoff wins in the last decade, how would they be on our level?
    I'm just using you logic. Winning % doesn't matter, division tittles don't matter. Nothing else seems to matter except for AFCC game losses. Well, the Raiders have 1 Super Bowl app while the Jets have 0.

    I've enjoyed debating with you, but it is clear that I'm never going to get through to you. I doesn't bother me if you want to think that your team has been one of the best in the decade. We've both given our point of views for why or why not, and I am going to move on. I'm sure we will pick this back up in the future sometime.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 12-14-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -99
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    27,940
    vCash:
    19045
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    That wouldn't be the correct term. AFC / NFC Championships are what gets each conference to the Super Bowl. You could call it an NFL Championship if you like.



    I just pointed out how silly it was for you to say the Dolphins are getting worse each decade, when even getting worse the Dolphins were still much better than the Jets. In recent, relevant history, the Jets have been better than the Dolphins. That doesn't make them one of the best in the AFC in that same time frame.



    Facts that are only facts according to you. You use the argument of how much better the Jets have been based on playoff apps/ wins but ignore the fact that the Jets barely made the playoffs several times and the Dolphins missed out several times. The Jets won 9 or more games 7 times in the decade. The Dolphins won 9 or more games 6 times in the decade. You are giving the Jets credit and discrediting the Dolphins based on things that other teams did or didn't do for them in the final weeks of the season. You can say the Jets won the required amount of games, but it was only the required amount because teams choked in the final week for the Jets and did not for the Dolphins.




    The Jets whipped NE the year they won 9 games and missed the playoffs, and we got shut out the year they went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. The Jets whipped the top NFC team that was 1 and done in the playoffs (beat 27-7 by 9-6-1 Atlanta) while the Dolphins loss was to the top NFC team that made the NFCC game.

    You are the one who is always saying that it doesn't matter if you win games early or late, yet you credit the Jets for their 9 wins and discredit the Dolphins for their 10 wins. One 9 win team made it because they got help and the other 10 win team missed out because they didn't get help. I don't care what big games the Jets won when they are 2 games back with 2 weeks left in the season. They got in based on another team choking. They didn't earn it the way the best teams do.



    No, it is not. Average teams can make the playoffs and even win some playoff games. You are trying to make the argument for being one of the best teams in the decade based on playoff apps / wins. Winning 70% of your playoff total in 2 seasons does not change nearly a decade of mediocrity. I didn't say to take those two years away. Even with them included, the Jets have not been one of the best.




    You are the one who wants to narrow time frames in order to try and make your argument. If you are talking best teams of the decade, I think it is common to start at the beginning of each decade. 80's, 90's 00's, 10's. You want to start at specific points because it adds to the Jets and takes away from other teams.

    What is your point? The Jets won just 2 playoff games from 2000 to 2008 and you want to call them one of the best based on the 4 playoff wins that came in two seasons. Each team doesn't get to face the same competition in the playoffs. If you want to narrow the time frame to take away 4 playoff wins and the Super Bowl win, I wouldn't consider Bal one of the best AFC teams.



    I'm just using you logic. Winning % doesn't matter, division tittles don't matter. Nothing else seems to matter except for AFCC game losses. Well, the Raiders have 1 Super Bowl app while the Jets have 0.

    I've enjoyed debating with you, but it is clear that I'm never going to get through to you. I doesn't bother me if you want to think that your team has been one of the best in the decade. We've both given our point of views for why or why not, and I am going to move on. I'm sure we will pick this back up in the future sometime.
    whatever you want to call it to try to take away credit from the jets they won a world championship game and the single most significant game in pro football history.

    how is it silly? the facts tell us Miami has gotten worse each decade.

    You can say they "bare;y" made it all you want but they made it, right? We can say Miami won the SB in 1972 facing the easiest sched of any eventual SB champ but they won it. We can make excuses for anything and that is what you are trying to do.

    2001-2011:
    Jets 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
    Miami 1 playoff app, ZERO playoff wins

    FACTS

    If we didn't whip NE in week 16 NE would have won the division.

    The Jets tore the heart out of GB, they were 12-3 playing for a top seed and we humiliated them which they couldn't recover from.


    Miami had destiny in their hands, I'm not impressed that they beat 2 dead teams to end 2003. They had a chance against NE and Philly and FAILED, we had a chance against NE & GB the year before and succeeded.

    We won 4 playoff games in 2009 & 2010, whine all you want, make all the excuses you want but the Jets won them.

    In the last decade the Jets are 5th in playoff apps and 4 th in playoff wins. another FACT

    if you used my logic you'd actually be using logic instead of being an excuse maker.

    People that make valid points can get through to me, not folks who just make excuses.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -100
    cbreeden's Avatar
    Pimpin' ain't easy

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2007
    Posts:
    714
    vCash:
    2206
    Loc:
    outside the beltway
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    It was known as the SB so I guess you won AFC/NFC Championships?

    I'm not worried about the Jets in the 70s, 80s or 90s. In recent, relevant history we have been one of the best teams in the AFC despite playing in a division w/ a dynasty team where we had no shot to win div titles.

    I don't brag, I am stating FACTS.

    we won big games in '02, when you faced NE in '03 you got shut out, when we faced them in '02 we whipped them. When you faced a top NFC team in '03 you lost, when we faced a top NFC team we humiliated them. That's the difference btw your '03 and our '02.

    SB wins are different but the argument is the same, trying to take away our 4 playoff wins in 2 years is like trying to take away your 2 SBs in 2 years.



    You keep expanding the years, I said the last DECADE. bal's SB win does not fall into the last decade and they didn't win a single playoff game from 2002 through 2007- that's 6 seasons w/o a playoff win. The Jets longest stretch was 4 years.

    5th in playoff apps, 4th in playoff wins. One of the top teams in the AFC.

    The Raiders have 1 playoff app and 2 playoff wins in the last decade, how would they be on our level?
    You have to GOT to be kidding! The Jets have only been relevant for a season and a half in the last 12 years and yet you call them one of the best?!? Stop the madness!! Right now, the Jets couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag!! You say they're in a play-off race?....it's more like a play-off HOPE! IF the miracle of miracles happen this year and the Jests happen to find their way in do you honestly think they will beat Den/NE/Balt only to go to Texas? They would get their asses handed to them in a muddy garbage bag. BUT, it just doesn't matter 'cause the Pests aren't making it.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
  3. The Bus gets pulled over....
    By WharfRat in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:43 AM
  4. OG Offer Pulled?
    By xiidaen in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •