Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110

Thread: Sanchez pulled against the Cards

  1. -51
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jul 2011
    Posts:
    225
    vCash:
    1393
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the 2 SBs in the last 5 years boosted the Giants from 1 more SB win than us to 4, what is your point?

    we made the playoffs in '09, stop whining. If you didn't play dead teams throughout 2008 you wouldn't have made the playoffs but you did and you made it.

    I only go by the experts on here and the experts here told me 9-11 wins, playoff berth and possible overtaking of the Pats.

    2001-2011:
    playoff apps/wins in AFC:
    NE: 9 playoff apps, 16 playoff wins, Jets 1-1 vs. them in postseason
    Ind: 9 playoff apps, 9 playoff wins. Jets 2-1 vs. them in postseason
    Pitt: 8 playoff apps, 12 playoff wins, Jets 0-2 vs Pitt
    Bal: 7 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, 0-0
    NYJ: 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
    SD: 5 playoff apps, 3 playoff wins. NYJ 2-0 vs. SD
    Ten: 4 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins
    Den: 4 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins
    Cin: 3 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins. NYJ 1-0 vs. Cin
    KC: 3 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins
    Oak: 2 playoff apps, 3 playoff wins. NYJ 0-2 vs. Oak
    Jax: 2 playoff apps, 1 playoff win
    Mia: 2 playoff apps, ZERO playoff wins
    Hou: 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win
    Cle: 1 playoff app, 0 playoff wins
    Buf: zero playoff apps

    5th in playoff apps out of 16 teams, 4th in playoff wins.



    we have a QB we know we can win w/ if surrounded w/ the right cast, you have no idea about yours yet.
    Oh yeah, I see what youíre saying, the Jets are set at QB for years to come. God I hope Rex and the rest of the rest of the guys down in that swamp ridden garbage dump of Jersey agree with you. Because other than watching my team position themselves for yet another playoff run, the second best part of the football season is watching Jet fans see their dreams come crashing down every year, and then guys like you playing make believe so you donít have to deal with the reality of the situation. Youíre like the guy that's up to his neck in flood waters commenting on how dry his hair still is.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by grogan12 View Post
    Oh yeah, I see what youíre saying, the Jets are set at QB for years to come. God I hope Rex and the rest of the rest of the guys down in that swamp ridden garbage dump of Jersey agree with you. Because other than watching my team position themselves for yet another playoff run, the second best part of the football season is watching Jet fans see their dreams come crashing down every year, and then guys like you playing make believe so you donít have to deal with the reality of the situation. Youíre like the guy that's up to his neck in flood waters commenting on how dry his hair still is.
    if the Jets win or lose it doesn't change my life. Sure I am happer when thet win but do you think I am crying in a corner and can't go on w/ my life if they lose? I feel bad for you.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    the 2 SBs in the last 5 years boosted the Giants from 1 more SB win than us to 4, what is your point?

    we made the playoffs in '09, stop whining. If you didn't play dead teams throughout 2008 you wouldn't have made the playoffs but you did and you made it.

    I only go by the experts on here and the experts here told me 9-11 wins, playoff berth and possible overtaking of the Pats.

    2001-2011:
    playoff apps/wins in AFC:
    NE: 9 playoff apps, 16 playoff wins, Jets 1-1 vs. them in postseason
    Ind: 9 playoff apps, 9 playoff wins. Jets 2-1 vs. them in postseason
    Pitt: 8 playoff apps, 12 playoff wins, Jets 0-2 vs Pitt
    Bal: 7 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, 0-0
    NYJ: 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
    SD: 5 playoff apps, 3 playoff wins. NYJ 2-0 vs. SD
    Ten: 4 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins
    Den: 4 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins
    Cin: 3 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins. NYJ 1-0 vs. Cin
    KC: 3 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins
    Oak: 2 playoff apps, 3 playoff wins. NYJ 0-2 vs. Oak
    Jax: 2 playoff apps, 1 playoff win
    Mia: 2 playoff apps, ZERO playoff wins
    Hou: 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win
    Cle: 1 playoff app, 0 playoff wins
    Buf: zero playoff apps

    5th in playoff apps out of 16 teams, 4th in playoff wins.



    we have a QB we know we can win w/ if surrounded w/ the right cast, you have no idea about yours yet.
    Winning the Super Bowl is a little different than winning meaningless playoff games. The point is, 4 playoff wins in 2 years does not erase a decade of mediocrity. Especially when the Jets would not have qualified one of those years had another team not laid down for them. There is a huge difference in playing bad teams versus teams that rest their guys and have no desire to win. The 2011 (8-5) Jets faced a couple of bad teams to end the season with the playoffs on the line and lost to both teams. Had it been another situation like 09, they probably would have made it.

    Winning %, Division titles and Conference Championships are needed to be considered one of the best teams over a decade. The Jets don't qualify.


    AFC EAST W L T PCT S.B Wins Super Bowl Appear. Playoff Appear.
    New England Patriots 139 53 .723 3 5 8
    New York Jets 99 93 .515 6
    Miami Dolphins 92 100 .479 3
    Buffalo Bills 76 116 .395
    AFC NORTH
    Pittsburgh Steelers 127 64 1 .661 2 3 8
    Baltimore Ravens 116 76 .604 1 1 8
    Cincinnati Bengals 81 110 1 .421 3
    Cleveland Browns 66 126 .343 1
    AFC SOUTH
    Indianapolis Colts 126 65 .661 1 2 10
    Tennessee Titans 106 86 .552 1 5
    Jacksonville Jaguars 89 103 .463 2
    Houston Texans 65 95 .406 1
    AFC West
    Denver Broncos 105 87 .546 5
    San Diego Chargers 102 90 .531 5
    Kansas City Chiefs 87 105 .453 3
    Oakland Raiders 78 114 .406 1 3

    Even Oakland and Tennessee (who has a higher winning % and more division titles than the Jets) have been to a Super Bowl in that time frame, (when the Jets have not) and I don't consider either as one of the best AFC teams over that span.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    Winning the Super Bowl is a little different than winning meaningless playoff games. The point is, 4 playoff wins in 2 years does not erase a decade of mediocrity. Especially when the Jets would not have qualified one of those years had another team not laid down for them. There is a huge difference in playing bad teams versus teams that rest their guys and have no desire to win. The 2011 (8-5) Jets faced a couple of bad teams to end the season with the playoffs on the line and lost to both teams. Had it been another situation like 09, they probably would have made it.

    we lost to one bad team when we were essentially already eliminated, the other 2 games we lost to the eventual champs and one of the hottest teams in the league.

    The Jets have been one of the top AFC teams for over a decade, sorry the truth bothers you. Only 3 teams have more playoff wins and we did it w/ a dynasty team in the division knowing we were playing for 2nd every year. You see what that did to the bottom 2 teams in our division but the Jets were able to overcome and still be one of the top teams in the AFC.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    we lost to one bad team when we were essentially already eliminated, the other 2 games we lost to the eventual champs and one of the hottest teams in the league.

    The Jets have been one of the top AFC teams for over a decade, sorry the truth bothers you. Only 3 teams have more playoff wins and we did it w/ a dynasty team in the division knowing we were playing for 2nd every year. You see what that did to the bottom 2 teams in our division but the Jets were able to overcome and still be one of the top teams in the AFC.
    The Eagles were 2-4 in the previous 6 games before facing the Jets, and the Giants were 1-5 in their previous 6 games before facing the Jets. Not exactly what I would call the hottest teams in the league. With the playoffs on the line, the Jets lost all 3 games and 2 of the 3 were considered bad teams and most thought the 3rd would miss the playoffs. Facing those bad teams had a different outcome than facing a good team that laid down.

    It is not the truth. The Jets only have 3 more playoff apps and only won 7 more games than the Dolphins did over that span. The Jets barely qualified for a playoffs several times while Miami missed at 9-7 (x2) and 10-6. How can they be considered one of the best over a decade when they are so close to a team that has been as bad as Miami? 4 playoff wins in 2 years doesn't change those facts.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The Eagles were 2-4 in the previous 6 games before facing the Jets, and the Giants were 1-5 in their previous 6 games before facing the Jets. Not exactly what I would call the hottest teams in the league. With the playoffs on the line, the Jets lost all 3 games and 2 of the 3 were considered bad teams and most thought the 3rd would miss the playoffs. Facing those bad teams had a different outcome than facing a good team that laid down.

    It is not the truth. The Jets only have 3 more playoff apps and only won 7 more games than the Dolphins did over that span. The Jets barely qualified for a playoffs several times while Miami missed at 9-7 (x2) and 10-6. How can they be considered one of the best over a decade when they are so close to a team that has been as bad as Miami? 4 playoff wins in 2 years doesn't change those facts.
    Vick had just come back the week before and they ended up winning their last 4 w/ him. Philly against us was the most impressive team I saw all year.

    The Giants got hot, the Giants wouldn't lose another game. We gave it to them, that Victor Cruz TD at the end of the 1st half changed both of our seasons. We dominated play top that point and would have likely been up at least 10-3 at the half but instead we went down 10-7 and never really recovered.

    since when did 6-2=? since 2001:

    NYJ: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010
    Mia: 2001, 2008

    we have 4 more apps and SIX more playoff wins.

    We wont he required # of games in particular seasons. Our 9 win '02 team was better than our 10 win '01 team or your 10 win '03 team. You guys were basically eliminated after your 2 game losing streak late in '03 before beating bad teams the last 2 weeks to make the record look better. You were out of the race in october in 2005 before winning a bunch of meaningless games to end the year. those were the only 2 years you werre "close" even though you weren't either time. We also could have made it in '08 and last year but missed by a game each time. We earned our playoff apps and you earned yours, you also earned the but whoopings you got when you actually made it.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Vick had just come back the week before and they ended up winning their last 4 w/ him. Philly against us was the most impressive team I saw all year.

    The Giants got hot, the Giants wouldn't lose another game. We gave it to them, that Victor Cruz TD at the end of the 1st half changed both of our seasons. We dominated play top that point and would have likely been up at least 10-3 at the half but instead we went down 10-7 and never really recovered.

    since when did 6-2=? since 2001:

    NYJ: 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010
    Mia: 2001, 2008

    we have 4 more apps and SIX more playoff wins.

    We wont he required # of games in particular seasons. Our 9 win '02 team was better than our 10 win '01 team or your 10 win '03 team. You guys were basically eliminated after your 2 game losing streak late in '03 before beating bad teams the last 2 weeks to make the record look better. You were out of the race in october in 2005 before winning a bunch of meaningless games to end the year. those were the only 2 years you werre "close" even though you weren't either time. We also could have made it in '08 and last year but missed by a game each time. We earned our playoff apps and you earned yours, you also earned the but whoopings you got when you actually made it.
    The same Vick that led the Eagles to 1-5 start? Even if you want to uplift an average Eagles team, the Jets still lost to Mia. Playing bad teams to end the season is very different than playing teams that rest the starters and have no desire to win.

    The stats are from 2000 to 2011.

    NYJ: 2001 ( made it with a last minute FG), 2002, (Thanks to Miami choking, the Jets made it at 9-7) 2004, (Clinch becasue of a Buff loss) 2006, 2009 (made it only because Indy resting starters), 2010

    Mia: 2000, 2001, 2008

    Only 3 more playoff Apps and 7 more wins from 2000 to 2011. One of the best teams in the last decade wouldn't be so close to a team that has been as bad as Miami.

    We have already been over the required amount of games argument. The Jets needed help several times to get in and got it, while Miami needed help several times and didn't get it. The Jets have not been one of the best teams in the league the last decade, and they were not elite from 2009 / 2010. They are proving it with their last 2 seasons and will continue to prove it until they make some changes.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The same Vick that led the Eagles to 1-5 start? Even if you want to uplift an average Eagles team, the Jets still lost to Mia. Playing bad teams to end the season is very different than playing teams that rest the starters and have no desire to win.

    The stats are from 2000 to 2011.

    NYJ: 2001 ( made it with a last minute FG), 2002, (Thanks to Miami choking, the Jets made it at 9-7) 2004, (Clinch becasue of a Buff loss) 2006, 2009 (made it only because Indy resting starters), 2010

    Mia: 2000, 2001, 2008

    Only 3 more playoff Apps and 7 more wins from 2000 to 2011. One of the best teams in the last decade wouldn't be so close to a team that has been as bad as Miami.

    We have already been over the required amount of games argument. The Jets needed help several times to get in and got it, while Miami needed help several times and didn't get it. The Jets have not been one of the best teams in the league the last decade, and they were not elite from 2009 / 2010. They are proving it with their last 2 seasons and will continue to prove it until they make some changes.
    yep the same one that led Philyl to 8-3 the year before. You know teams can get better as seasons move along, right? Philly was playing outstanding football late in the year.

    I see a ton of excuses so I guess we can say both of your div titles were b/c the Jets choked, right? we were 9-4 in '00 and 8-3 in '08 and we finished 9-7 both years so I can apply that same lac of logic to tyr to take credit away from Miami.

    Even adding your ONE playoff win in 2000 we still had FIVE more than you. No matter what way you slice it we have been MUCH better than Miami and one of the best teams in the AFC in the last decade.

    you had 2 fake contending seasons ('03, '05), we had chances that we missed out on in '00, '08 and '11 so using your what if logic that's 3 more potential playoff apps. The bottom line is we made 5 more playoff apps and won 6 more playoff games since 2001. No matter how many excuses you make it won't change the facts.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    The New Guy's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2005
    Posts:
    1,879
    vCash:
    88416
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    yep the same one that led Philyl to 8-3 the year before. You know teams can get better as seasons move along, right? Philly was playing outstanding football late in the year.

    I see a ton of excuses so I guess we can say both of your div titles were b/c the Jets choked, right? we were 9-4 in '00 and 8-3 in '08 and we finished 9-7 both years so I can apply that same lac of logic to tyr to take credit away from Miami.

    Even adding your ONE playoff win in 2000 we still had FIVE more than you. No matter what way you slice it we have been MUCH better than Miami and one of the best teams in the AFC in the last decade.

    you had 2 fake contending seasons ('03, '05), we had chances that we missed out on in '00, '08 and '11 so using your what if logic that's 3 more potential playoff apps. The bottom line is we made 5 more playoff apps and won 6 more playoff games since 2001. No matter how many excuses you make it won't change the facts.
    I'm not the one trying to make the argument that my teams has been 1 of the best in the AFC over a decade.

    The 00 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up a game from week 12 on. Going into week 17 Miami didn't need to rely on another team losing (that they did not play) to win the division. The 02 Jets were 2 games behind Miami with 2 games left to play. The Jets had nothing to do with Miami losing the final 2 games. The 08 Jets were tied at 9-5 with a game against each other still left. Miami had everything to do with the Jets loss in week 17. That was not the case with the 02 Jets.

    I'm not trying to change the facts. The facts are the Jets only have 3 more playoff apps and 7 more regular season wins and 1 less division title than Miami from 2000 to 2011. The Jets went into the final week of the season not knowing if they would make the playoffs or not 8 times in that time span. The other 4 times, they were eliminated long before the final week. That is not one of the best teams in the AFC over that time span.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 12-05-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,856
    vCash:
    24286
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    I'm not the one trying to make the argument that my teams has been 1 of the best in the AFC over a decade.

    The 00 Jets never had a better record the last 7 games of the season. Miami was up a game from week 12 on. Going into week 17 Miami didn't need to rely on another team losing (that they did not play) to win the division. The 02 Jets were 2 games behind Miami with 2 games left to play. The Jets had nothing to do with Miami losing the final 2 games. The 08 Jets were tied at 9-5 with a game against each other still left. Miami had everything to do with the Jets loss in week 17. That was not the case with the 02 Jets.

    I'm not trying to change the facts. The facts are the Jets only have 3 more playoff apps and 7 more regular season wins and 1 less division title than Miami from 2000 to 2011. The Jets went into the final week of the season not knowing if they would make the playoffs or not 8 times in that time span. The other 4 times, they were eliminated long before the final week. That is not one of the best teams in the AFC over that time span.
    You aren't trying b/c there isn't anything to back you up unlike the facts that support the Jets. 5th in playoff apps, 4th in playoff wins- clearly one of the best teams in the conf.

    The '00 Jets were 6-1, 9-4. Their collapse allowed Miami to win the division.

    The only time we relied on a team losing in order to clinch a spot was 2002 and that happened only b/c we started 1-4, 2-5 b/c we had a million injuries.

    The jets were done in week 17 of '08, Miami had nothing to do w/ it. we could have played UM and still lost.

    The facts are the Jets have 5 more playoff apps since 2001 and 6 more playoff wins. Compare yourself w/ Buffalo as it's much closer.

    Miami 2 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins
    Buffalo 0 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins

    MUCH closer.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 11:00 AM
  3. The Bus gets pulled over....
    By WharfRat in forum General NFL Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:43 AM
  4. OG Offer Pulled?
    By xiidaen in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-19-2003, 01:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •