Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez pulled against the Cards

1. -41
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wonder what other second place team lost 3 games at home by over 20pts each?

Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaark View Post
    Wonder what other second place team lost 3 games at home by over 20pts each?
    but based on tiebreakers we'd be 2nd, right? which means you are behind us as usual.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Using tiebreakers to determine second

The sad truth is the Jets will finish in second ahead of us and the debate will center on them hosting the 49ers, Texans and even the Cards who played with the only QB worse then Sanchez, while we traveled for those same games.

But two thing are certain. One is I'd much rather have the future of Miami then the clown show in NY. Also, the Henne vs Sanchez debate can be put to rest. We let a guy walk to the Jags who is better then the Jets starter.
    I've been here since 2004 and every year I always here "I'd much rather have the future of the Miami Dolphins" yet every year we are better.

we play similar scheds so no excuses, no matter how bad we have been we are still ahead of you guys.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    [QUOTE=The New Guy]
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    but based on tiebreakers we'd be 2nd, right? which means you are behind us as usual.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

I've been here since 2004 and every year I always here "I'd much rather have the future of the Miami Dolphins" yet every year we are better.

we play similar scheds so no excuses, no matter how bad we have been we are still ahead of you guys.
    It must be really sad for Jets fans that it has come to bragging about being in 2nd place at 5-7 and having no shot at the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. The Dolphins have had their worst 12 years in franchise history and the Jets have had their best. You would think the Jets would have finished in 2nd place most of the time, but the Jets have only managed to win more games than the Dolphins in only 6 out of those 12 years. 2 out of the 6 came without the Jets having a winning record. (4-12 in 2007, and 8-8 in 2011)

2000: Miami 11-5 - Jets 9-7
    2001: Miami 11-5 - Jets 10-6
    2002: Jets 9-7 - Miami 9-7
    2003 Miami 10-6 - Jets 6-10
    2004 Jets 10-6 - Miami 4-12
    2005 Miami 9-7 - Jets 4-12
    2006 Jets 10-6 - Miami 6-10
    2007 Jets 4-12 - Miami 1-15
    2008 Miami 11--5 Jets 9-7
    2009 Jets 9-7 - Miami 7-9
    2010 Jets 11-5 Miami 7-9
    2011 Jets 8-8 Miami 6-10

The Jets won the division 1 time in 2002 (at 9-7) and the Dolphins won it twice (both with 11 wins)

Enjoy second place at the end of the season. (If the Bills don't finish ahead of you) This will be 3 out of 4 years that the Jets have struggled to have a winning record with Rex and Sanchez. Hopefully Rex will keep a good thing going and keep Mark as the starter.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [QUOTE=The New Guy;1064518974]
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy

It must be really sad for Jets fans that it has come to bragging about being in 2nd place at 5-7 and having no shot at the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. The Dolphins have had their worst 12 years in franchise history and the Jets have had their best. You would think the Jets would have finished in 2nd place most of the time, but the Jets have only managed to win more games than the Dolphins in only 6 out of those 12 years. 2 out of the 6 came without the Jets having a winning record. (4-12 in 2007, and 8-8 in 2011)

2000: Miami 11-5 - Jets 9-7
    2001: Miami 11-5 - Jets 10-6
    2002: Jets 9-7 - Miami 9-7
    2003 Miami 10-6 - Jets 6-10
    2004 Jets 10-6 - Miami 4-12
    2005 Miami 9-7 - Jets 4-12
    2006 Jets 10-6 - Miami 6-10
    2007 Jets 4-12 - Miami 1-15
    2008 Miami 11--5 Jets 9-7
    2009 Jets 9-7 - Miami 7-9
    2010 Jets 11-5 Miami 7-9
    2011 Jets 8-8 Miami 6-10

The Jets won the division 1 time in 2002 (at 9-7) and the Dolphins won it twice (both with 11 wins)

Enjoy second place at the end of the season. (If the Bills don't finish ahead of you) This will be 3 out of 4 years that the Jets have struggled to have a winning record with Rex and Sanchez. Hopefully Rex will keep a good thing going and keep Mark as the starter.
    It is sad, it sucks we aren't going back to the playoffs but tiebreakers count so we are on the raod to 7 of the last 9 seasons finishing ahead of you. I've been here since 2004 and only 2005 and 2008 you finished ahead of us yet every year I hear how you guys are going to be better and you have the brighter future.

The 9-7 Jets team in 2002 played in a division where the weakest team was 8-8. The '02 Jets would ahve smacked the '00 dolphins or '08 dolphins and last I checked the '08 team got smoked at home in the WILD CARD round.

Rex and Sanchez have finished ahead of Miami every year so you must really not like winning.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    FIN4LIFE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Jets hold the tiebreaker to what? Lower draft picks?
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo

It is sad, it sucks we aren't going back to the playoffs but tiebreakers count so we are on the raod to 7 of the last 9 seasons finishing ahead of you. I've been here since 2004 and only 2005 and 2008 you finished ahead of us yet every year I hear how you guys are going to be better and you have the brighter future.

The 9-7 Jets team in 2002 played in a division where the weakest team was 8-8. The '02 Jets would ahve smacked the '00 dolphins or '08 dolphins and last I checked the '08 team got smoked at home in the WILD CARD round.

Rex and Sanchez have finished ahead of Miami every year so you must really not like winning.
    That is liking bragging about beating a handicap in a foot race 50% of the time.

This has been your Franchise's best 12 years and the Dolphins worst. You should have finished ahead of Miami 12 out of 12 times. I'm sure you have heard a bunch of ridiculous things from fans on this message board. There has not been many years in the past decade that I thought that Miami would finish ahead of the Jets or made that claim on this board. With change comes hope for the future. I have not been happy with the changes the Dolphins made in the past, but for the first time in a long time, it looks like the Dolphins are headed in the right direction. I have no idea if Philbin and Tannehill will pan out, but I like the direction we are heading in. We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and are in a better cap situation than the Jets. I don't think any expert in his right mind would pick the Jets near future over the Dolphins. The Dolphins are in year one and have already exceeded expectations. The Jets are in year 4 and have been going backwards for 2 years now.

Rex and Sanchez have struggled to have a winning record 3 out of 4 years in the NFL. That has nothing to do with Miami being worse the last 3 years. I hope they keep it up because it won't take much improvement to move ahead.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    That is liking bragging about beating a handicap in a foot race 50% of the time.

This has been your Franchise's best 12 years and the Dolphins worst. You should have finished ahead of Miami 12 out of 12 times. I'm sure you have heard a bunch of ridiculous things from fans on this message board. There has not been many years in the past decade that I thought that Miami would finish ahead of the Jets or made that claim on this board. With change comes hope for the future. I have not been happy with the changes the Dolphins made in the past, but for the first time in a long time, it looks like the Dolphins are headed in the right direction. I have no idea if Philbin and Tannehill will pan out, but I like the direction we are heading in. We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and are in a better cap situation than the Jets. I don't think any expert in his right mind would pick the Jets near future over the Dolphins. The Dolphins are in year one and have already exceeded expectations. The Jets are in year 4 and have been going backwards for 2 years now.

Rex and Sanchez have struggled to have a winning record 3 out of 4 years in the NFL. That has nothing to do with Miami being worse the last 3 years. I hope they keep it up because it won't take much improvement to move ahead.
    we've been one of the best teams in the AFC the last decade or so, I think we are 4th or 5th in playoff wins. You guys don't have a playoff win in the last decade.

The dolphins have not exceeded expectations, teams go from bad to good right away. You were supposedly a playoff team after you beat us. Remember all the Tannehill vs. Luck matchups we'll see? the new Brady vs. Manning. Come on.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    we've been one of the best teams in the AFC the last decade or so, I think we are 4th or 5th in playoff wins. You guys don't have a playoff win in the last decade.

The dolphins have not exceeded expectations, teams go from bad to good right away. You were supposedly a playoff team after you beat us. Remember all the Tannehill vs. Luck matchups we'll see? the new Brady vs. Manning. Come on.
    The 4 playoff wins in 2 years boosted the Jets in the standings, but they have not been one of the best teams in the AFC in the last decade. To me, you have to have a better winning % and actually win something tangible to have that title. NE, Pitt, Bal, and Indy are the best AFC teams from 2000 to now. All have a winning percentage above .600; won their division multiple times and have actually made it to the Super Bowl. The Jets have been average these past 12 years. Prior to the 4 playoff wins in 2009/10 the Jets only had 2 playoff wins since 2000, which would tie with Tenn and Den and is behind Oak and SD. In the last 12 years, the Jets rank #8 in winning % (.515) behind NE, Pitt, Bal, Indy, Den, SD and Tenn.

To be considered one of the best, quality regular seasons are needed. The Jets would not have even made the playoffs in 09 if it was not for Indy laying down. They had a quality season in 2010, but that seems to be a fluke rather than the norm. One more season like this one and Rex, Sanchez and Tannenbaum will probably be gone and the Jets will be starting all over. Sanchez and Tannenbaum might even be gone after this year.

Most experts thought the Dolphins would win 2 to 4 games all year. Especially with a QB as inexperienced as Tannehill, I was thinking 5 or 6 wins. 5 wins with 4 games to go in the season has definitely exceeded expectations. I'm sure you heard a lot of things from fans. You can't attribute those things to me because I never thought that or said that. What I am saying now is I would rather have the Dolphins future over the Jets. Most non homers would as well.
    Last edited by The New Guy; 12-04-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Junc, you don't have a QB. Thats not a bright future. The book is out on ours but we have a head start. Thats a brighter future.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The New Guy View Post
    The 4 playoff wins in 2 years boosted the Jets in the standings, but they have not been one of the best teams in the AFC in the last decade. To me, you have to have a better winning % and actually win something tangible to have that title. NE, Pitt, Bal, and Indy are the best AFC teams from 2000 to now. All have a winning percentage above .600; won their division multiple times and have actually made it to the Super Bowl. The Jets have been average these past 12 years. Prior to the 4 playoff wins in 2009/10 the Jets only had 2 playoff wins since 2000, which would tie with Tenn and Den and is behind Oak and SD. In the last 12 years, the Jets rank #8 in winning % (.515) behind NE, Pitt, Bal, Indy, Den, SD and Tenn.

To be considered one of the best, quality regular seasons are needed. The Jets would not have even made the playoffs in 09 if it was not for Indy laying down. They had a quality season in 2010, but that seems to be a fluke rather than the norm. One more season like this one and Rex, Sanchez and Tannenbaum will probably be gone and the Jets will be starting all over. Sanchez and Tannenbaum might even be gone after this year.

Most experts thought the Dolphins would win 2 to 4 games all year. Especially with a QB as inexperienced as Tannehill, I was thinking 5 or 6 wins. 5 wins with 4 games to go in the season has definitely exceeded expectations. I'm sure you heard a lot of things from fans. You can't attribute those things to me because I never thought that or said that. What I am saying now is I would rather have the Dolphins future over the Jets. Most non homers would as well.
    the 2 SBs in the last 5 years boosted the Giants from 1 more SB win than us to 4, what is your point?

we made the playoffs in '09, stop whining. If you didn't play dead teams throughout 2008 you wouldn't have made the playoffs but you did and you made it.

I only go by the experts on here and the experts here told me 9-11 wins, playoff berth and possible overtaking of the Pats.

2001-2011:
    playoff apps/wins in AFC:
    NE: 9 playoff apps, 16 playoff wins, Jets 1-1 vs. them in postseason
    Ind: 9 playoff apps, 9 playoff wins. Jets 2-1 vs. them in postseason
    Pitt: 8 playoff apps, 12 playoff wins, Jets 0-2 vs Pitt
    Bal: 7 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins, 0-0
    NYJ: 6 playoff apps, 6 playoff wins
    SD: 5 playoff apps, 3 playoff wins. NYJ 2-0 vs. SD
    Ten: 4 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins
    Den: 4 playoff apps, 2 playoff wins
    Cin: 3 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins. NYJ 1-0 vs. Cin
    KC: 3 playoff apps, 0 playoff wins
    Oak: 2 playoff apps, 3 playoff wins. NYJ 0-2 vs. Oak
    Jax: 2 playoff apps, 1 playoff win
    Mia: 2 playoff apps, ZERO playoff wins
    Hou: 1 playoff app, 1 playoff win
    Cle: 1 playoff app, 0 playoff wins
    Buf: zero playoff apps

5th in playoff apps out of 16 teams, 4th in playoff wins.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog 88 View Post
    Junc, you don't have a QB. Thats not a bright future. The book is out on ours but we have a head start. Thats a brighter future.
    we have a QB we know we can win w/ if surrounded w/ the right cast, you have no idea about yours yet.
    Quote Quote