Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The play that bothered me or opened my eyes.

1. -31
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The sewer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As many times as I've seen Bush fight for extra yards this year I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't care what some NFL show says.

I had high hopes for Bush this year but he just can't get it going consistantly enough. I think they might be better off going in another direction next year but then again there are so many other holes to fill and who do they have right now or can they get that is any better?
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    THE FUTURE

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    I thought this was gonna be something about Tannehills god awful accuracy that cost us the game and several others. Can we get a QB thats capable of hitting a wide open target thats just 5 yards away? Or is that too much to ask? i'm not even gonna hope for a guy that can throw an accuract deep ball, i think thats pushing it.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bush would actually surprise the D by hitting the hole that's there - and fighting for the extra yard or two that's there - over the course of a game he would actually be electric when he breaks one back when the D over pursues (the obvious hole he is suposed to run throuhj which they don't pursue to because he doesn't hit the hole that is there - he doesn't so they don't honour it - that's why his consistency is so over the place, he is feast or famine
    Pastor stands up in Church from the pulpit and asks the congregation if they know what the resurrection is about? Small child in a pew puts his hands up and would like to answer, pastor asks the child to answer, Boy says "If the resurrection persists over 4 hours you have to call a doctor"
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    marshville, nc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    he ran hard at the start of the year and his stats showed it, there wasnt as much dancing just hitting the hole. dunno if it was the texas pete the jets put on him, or finding out he was gonna be a dad, but yeah he dances alot more now. he is still our best weapon, i just wished was utilized more. i dont want to kill him like we did ricky williams, but he's a fa and may be leaving us at seasons end (even though from following him on fb can tell he loves miami) so if we run him into the ground knowing he's not gonna be around so be it, give the man 20 touches a game or let lamar have his carries. if we're content with him leaving we have to a) get our use out of him b) see what we have in line for next season. im all for him coming back
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    The biggest play was the roughing the kicker penalty. That was on Philbin/Rizzi imo. There was no reason to go for the blocked kick in that spot! Our defense just held them and would have had good field position with a Thigpen return...
    nah that was on Jimmy because of how late the hit was and he hit high. Had he doved we probably wouldn't have gotten a roughing penalty.

I think the bogus penalty on Jone's int return for a touchdown bothered me. They didn't even give a players number.
    It was on Vernon. Refs messed up the call, but on the one replay you can see OV dive to the ground to block low.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Starting to hear voices

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ​Often when I see Bush "dancing", there isn't any hole.
    JMB
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SkapePhin View Post
    It's situational football. When you go for a punt block, you open yourself up to those kinds of mistakes. By sending jn more blockers than usual, you increase your chances of a penalty in that spot. Simple. In that situation, the dolphins had just held the Pats prolific offense and was gaining momentum. Had they just called a regular punt return instead of the block, the penalty would not have occurred and the Dolphins likely would have had the offense starting a few yards from midfield. Yes, Wilson is to blame, but so are the coaches for putting him in that position when it absolutely was not needed.
    Exactly right. A play like the botched blocked punt do not happen unless coaches specifically dial it up. That was a TERRIBLE call by Joe Philbin. Your biggest issue, at that time, was stopping the NE offense. You just held them and you're about to get the ball back against a team with a weak secondary, after you were able to move the ball previously (granted, it was all of 5 plays, but still). You decide to take a risky move that, worst case scenario, gives that high powered offense a free set of downs IN YOUR OWN 50

Coaching blunder of the highest order.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i think the smart thing to do given we actually did stop brady and could flip the field even with a fair catch of that punt was to call it punt safe...but i'm sure it's rizzi that calls the special teams plays...just wasn't a good time to attempt something like that...and it bit us

i don't mind aggressive heck i like it but be smart about it also...
    hoops scoops 2012 season ..."in 2014 ryan tannehill etches his name in stone amongst the games elite qbs"..."ryan tannehill and andrew luck will carry the afc for the next decade plus the way peyton manning and tom brady have this last decade plus"
    Quote Quote