Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The play that bothered me or opened my eyes.

1. -21
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truckstick23 View Post
    I didn't like that Bush run at first glance myself. In reality it was a smart play. He was obviously cornered on that play and we were playing from behind in the 4th quarter. It's smarter to stop the clock rather than pick up 6 more inches, unless you are close to a first down in which you lay out like Tannehill did. Just my opinion. Also, I don't understand the Bush bashing. He ran hard all day and has run hard all season. The guy works his tail off and sets a great example for the rest of the team to follow. I think that it is going to hurt our team if he leaves and yet some of you are more than eager to push him out the door.
    To answer your question about Bush. I think people are tired of his dancing around all the time looking for the sensational play. That really worked when he was in college but in the NFL that doesn't work very often. Sure that dancing around has gotten him a big play every now and then but for the most part he's losing yards and putting the offence and 2nd and long and 3rd and long very often. He leaves yards out there everytime he does that. I'm not talking about big yards but sometimes it's ok to gain 2 or 3 yards rather than lose 2 or 3 yards. Everyone knows he works hard, but his style puts our offence in a hole several times a game. Barry Sanders used to do that too but he'd hit that big play way more often than Bush does.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They just talked about this on nfl 32 on espn said tannehill earned respect bush did not
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Rookies

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unbelievable. One time since he's been here Bush doesn't fight for an extra yard and somebody calls him out for it. Its OK to give players the benefit of the doubt once in a while and maybe they're seeing something that your not.
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought hartline had a good game all around but he also dropped that deep ball right in his stomach! That was another big play left on the field.

Also, how can some of you place the blame for the roughing the kicker on the coaching staff? Seriously? The player has to be smart and know where he is. The block call had nothing to do with Wilson making a bonehead play! He needs to be smarter.....coaches are NOT to blame for a stupid play by a player! SMH at some of you!! You just want to blame the staff for everything.
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post
    I thought hartline had a good game all around but he also dropped that deep ball right in his stomach! That was another big play left on the field.

Also, how can some of you place the blame for the roughing the kicker on the coaching staff? Seriously? The player has to be smart and know where he is. The block call had nothing to do with Wilson making a bonehead play! He needs to be smarter.....coaches are NOT to blame for a stupid play by a player! SMH at some of you!! You just want to blame the staff for everything.
    Yes, blaming Wilson's running into the kicker on Philbin is asinine. Wilson has no excuse for doing it but I'm sure when a guy who doesn't get much opportunity to make a game changing play sees a punter 5 feet in front of him with the ball not even off his foot he wants to make something happen. Still Wilson's a bonehead and I put all the blame on him for not trying to take a better angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Drfletcherdc View Post
    I think the bogus penalty on Jone's int return for a touchdown bothered me. They didn't even give a players number.
    I dont complain about refs normally but something was def a little suspicious in this game, the favortism towards the pats was quite obvious. They got all the calls. Even a Bad pass Interference call on jones. Even with refs favoring the pats, i still think they outplayed us on offense and we didnt do enough to win on offense. They put up the points, we didnt. Our offense just isnt very good yet and its costing us games. Our defense is keeping us in games but they gas out eventually if u keep them in there too long.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleman View Post

It's situational football. When you go for a punt block, you open yourself up to those kinds of mistakes. By sending jn more blockers than usual, you increase your chances of a penalty in that spot. Simple. In that situation, the dolphins had just held the Pats prolific offense and was gaining momentum. Had they just called a regular punt return instead of the block, the penalty would not have occurred and the Dolphins likely would have had the offense starting a few yards from midfield. Yes, Wilson is to blame, but so are the coaches for putting him in that position when it absolutely was not needed.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Ride The White Pony

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Was bush being a puss when he dove for that TD last week?

I thought that Tannehill dive looked like a 1st down. But that's just me. Oh well, you can't have outstanding officiating every game.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Ramblin' Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houma, LA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytona Fin View Post
    Was bush being a puss when he dove for that TD last week?

I thought that Tannehill dive looked like a 1st down. But that's just me. Oh well, you can't have outstanding officiating every game.
    Yeah, but I'd like to have decent officiating just one game maybe.

I think Bess is a bigger culprit of not getting an extra yard or two when we lays down. But then again,when he does try to get an extra yard or two he loses a yard or two and a first down in the process. Not trying to dog on Bess, I like him alot. But Bush's effort is not the problem.
    If you ever want to see a rainbow, you've got to stand a little rain.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tempe, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    To answer your question about Bush. I think people are tired of his dancing around all the time looking for the sensational play. That really worked when he was in college but in the NFL that doesn't work very often. Sure that dancing around has gotten him a big play every now and then but for the most part he's losing yards and putting the offence and 2nd and long and 3rd and long very often. He leaves yards out there everytime he does that. I'm not talking about big yards but sometimes it's ok to gain 2 or 3 yards rather than lose 2 or 3 yards. Everyone knows he works hard, but his style puts our offence in a hole several times a game. Barry Sanders used to do that too but he'd hit that big play way more often than Bush does.

Ozzy rules!!
    This is 100% wrong. You can say the same thing about Jamall Charles, Shady McCoy, Spiller, CJ etc.. need I go on? You take the possibility of a loss for the chance at an ankle breaking run. This is the case with ALL RBs that are 205lbs(estimate) and below. So you not only want Reggie to be a bruiser and get those hard 2-3 yards when there is no hole, but also want him to catch balls out of the backfield and make electric plays like a lighter RB does? Good luck with that, because that player doesn't exist.

If Reggie had a hard time hitting open holes or his decision making was bad we'd hear about it. From professional analysts not few dolts on this forum.

All the hate that Reggie gets on this forum. He averages 4.5 YPC, almost 800 yards (gonna be another 1k season on the ground), consummate professional and a leader of our locker room. Mind you he's being underused and not even utilized to the best of his abilities (talking about receptions). All of this, yet this guy must be a bum right?

In other words. Get real dude.. You and the rest of the haters on this forum.
    "Any ideology that fundamentally divides one group from another and prevents them from recognizing their common humanity is a problem" - Sam Harris

Fin fan till' the coffin slams!
    Quote Quote